008

S.I.M. Academy : The Revival

Author's Note:  Sorry everyone, I meant to update earlier but then I actually did something on my birthday! Haha.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter... :)



“Hurry up kids, get into your homerooms quickly! Mr. Yoo’s homeroom is at that corner over there, Ailee-sem’s homeroom is right across the hall over here, and my lovely wife’s room is down there. Quickly, before the late bell rings!”

Mr. Lee slapped the palms of his hands together in a rhythmic manner as his body turned left and right, following each of the new students rushing down the hallways. The returning students were casually striding along the corridors, still maintaining conversation with their friends.

“Let’s set good examples for the little puppies,” Mr. Lee added, as he now turned his attention towards the familiar students.

After a couple of seconds, the hallways were emptied and Mr. Lee walked into his own room. There were only three homerooms and therefore, the other four teachers had nothing to do but wait for the hour-long homeroom period.

“Welcome to my homeroom!” Mr. Yoo grinned as he shut the door behind him. “Again, my name is Mr. Woo but you can call me hyung…” then Mr. Yoo teleported towards Mai, “or oppa.”

Mai jumped at the sudden appearance of Mr. Yoo who grinned before he casually strode away after he planted a soft pat on her shoulder.

“Okay, kids!” Ailee clapped her hands once, gaining her students’ attention. “Let me quickly go over your schedule so we can finally have a proper introduction of everyone!”

Mrs. Lee stood at the front of her own desk. “There are two different schedules and six classes. Each schedule contains three classes each and the schedules will alternate, every other day. Got it?”

“That means,” Mr. Yoo continued as he walked down the aisles in his homeroom. “If you have History, Math and Fitness/Strength today, tomorrow you will have Science, English and Special Elective.”

“These three classes are blocked together specifically so history, math and fitness will always be tagged together. The same goes for the other three classes. Understood?” Ailee glanced around her class for any uncertainty.

“About half of you in here will be taking Schedule ONE today. Some people call it ‘Schedule Fitness’ because it contains the Fitness/Strength Class. At S.I.M. Academy, the two core classes are Fitness/Strength and the Special Elective Training class. Which makes Schedule TWO known as ‘Schedule Elective’.” Mrs. Lee explained.

“So basically, half of everyone in here will take Schedule Fitness today, while the other half will have Schedule Elective. And the next day, you are expected to go into the alternate schedule, got it?”

“Oh, by the way,” Mr. Yoo added. “Each class is two hours long, except for the ‘Special Elective’ class which stands for half an hour longer.”

“Two- two hours?” Chunhee automatically gaped. What the heck? Do they want us to die? I can’t even take one hour!

“Well, if you take into consideration that we only have three classes a day, two hours is quite fair.” A calm male’s voice replied.

Chunhee turned her gaze towards the latter. His hair was straight-up blonde and despite him sporting a sweet baby face, there was a contrasting serious, yet cool touch to his posture.

“I’m glad you think so, Jiyong.” Ailee cheesed. “Don’t worry Chunhee. You’ll get used to it.”

Mrs. Lee squealed as she passed a pack of sticky notes to everyone in her homeroom. “So, the point of this game is to learn everyone’s name by writing down an adjective or characteristic trait about them. It has to start with the first letter of their name. Then write their name after your adjective, okay? And stick it on their shirt.”

“Ooh! Can we start?” Issy gripped onto her post-it notes eagerly.

“Yes, start now! The person who uses the best adjectives wins a prize!” Mrs. Lee shouted in glee. And suddenly, the whole room went in an uproar.

Issy quickly grabbed her pen and swiftly pulled out the cap using her teeth. “Zany, Zelo.” Issy jotted and without wasting a second, she slapped the perfectly square sticky onto the latter’s forehead.

“Yah! Mrs. Lee said to stick it on our shirts!” Zelo shouted. But Issy was already at the other end of the room. “I’m not zany! You are!”

“Joyful, Jongup.” Issy grinned and gently pressed it onto Jongup’s shoulder.

From afar, Zelo snorted. “How is he joyful?” Zelo screamed across the room. “Jongup is nowhere near being a joyful person!”

“I think he’s a joy to be around, so shut it Zelo!” Issy retorted.

“Unnie!” Issy ran to Jieun and grinned. “I wrote this for you,” she said as she stuck a sticky onto Jieun’s shirt.

“Jovial?” Jieun read. “Aw, you’re the sweetest!” Jieun added as she squeezed Issy into a tight hug. As she released the younger pupil, Jieun immediately wrote one for Issy, as well. “Ingenious, Issy.” Jieun smiled and printed the note on Issy’s shirt.

Naeun eyed Yunwoo secretly as she tried thinking of a good adjective to use. She scratched the back of her head with her pen. What word starts with a ‘Y’?

“Here Yunwoo, Yunwoo!” Nicole smiled as she stuck a pink post-it note on the sleeve of Yunwoo’s shirt. On it, Naeun noticed Nicole had written ‘Youthful, Yunwoo’ on it.

One side of Yunwoo’s lips rose as he didn’t hesitate to scribble one for Nicole. When he was done, he gently handed her the note, so she can stick it on herself.

“You think I’m naïve?” Nicole stuck the note on her shirt after reading it.

“As in innocent,” Yunwoo added, causing Nicole to grin in happiness.

“Oh stop it.” Nicole laughed before she caught sight of Naeun. “Ou! Did you write one for Naeun yet?”

With mention of her name, Naeun panicked. She turned left, then right, unsure of where to go or what to do. She smiled at them shortly, before heading their way. As usual, she was anxious to know what Yunwoo had thought of her. Not only Yunwoo, but everyone.

Naeun slipped some of her hair behind her ear as she glanced at Nicole, then to Yunwoo. What would he think of her? It was hard being compared to Nicole. She was always better at making friends and she was friendlier too.

With only a second of Naeun in his view, Yunwoo jotted down ‘Nonchalant, Naeun’. She always seemed cool with everything, so he thought it was justified. Too bad he didn’t notice the eager and tension in her eyes.

“Yunwoo!” a voice called. “You have this homeroom too?”

Yunwoo smiled when he suddenly recognized the male that was slowly making his way over: he and Illhoon had met for a brief second during breakfast. And without even noticing, Naeun was brushed aside.

“Here Youngjae,” Zelo harshly slapped his Green post-it onto Youngjae’s chest. “Yappy, Youngjae. Perfect for you.”

“How am I yappy?” Youngjae scoffed.

“You talk a lot,” Zelo answered. “And you always have something to say about everything I do.” Zelo crossed his arms, as he thought back to all those times Youngjae had yelled at him and ordered him around.

“Aw man! Someone already got dibs on calling you ‘yappy’?” Issy groaned as she stared at her own sticky.

“I’m not yappy!” Youngjae defended.

Jongup nodded in agreement as he stuck his blue sticky on Youngjae. “You kind of are.”

Youngjae growled when he noticed Jongup’s sticky also read ‘Yappy, Youngjae’ in big black print.

“This game is called ‘Human Bingo’,” Ailee stated. “Whoever gets a Bingo first, wins. All you have to do is find a person in which the statements, written on this bingo sheet, pertains to them. If so, write their name in the box. Got it? And you can only write their names once!”

Ailee passed out the papers, face down and then darted towards her desk. “Don’t flip it over until I say so.” She grabbed her handy dandy air horn from her desk drawer and after a couple of seconds filled with tension, she blew the horn. “Go!” her voiced echoed through the room.

Woohyun smirked as he read the statements in each of the boxes. He hopped over his seat and ran towards the closest female beside him. Woohyun swung his arm over her shoulder and leaned in close to her face.

“Hey,” he greeted with a sly wink.

Haneul’s eyes widened at the close contact and she pried his hands off of her.

“You don’t have to be shy. I just have to ask you a few questions.” Woohyun now stood in front of her and placed his paper on top of hers. “A pretty girl like you, has to have a sweet soft spot for little kids, right?”

Without even waiting for a reply, Woohyun popped open his pen and put it in her hands. “I know I’m right. Just write your name right there.”

Haneul scoffed. After what she did for him while he was lying helplessly on the floor of the school’s lounge, he wasn’t even going to acknowledge her for it? What a jerk. Haneul placed the pen on the table and walked around him, while she sported a poker-face.

Woohyun watched her leave, his eyes followed her movements until he was sure she wasn’t coming back. Then he looked back in front of him, at the spot she was standing just moments ago. “Is she crazy?” He glanced at her once again, but she never looked back. “Is she ignoring me?”

Jaced laughed obnoxiously as he walked pass Woohyun. “I haven’t seen you get dissed in a long time,” Jace replied, still unable to stop his mockery.

Woohyun rolled his eyes and planted his attention back at the girl who walked away from him. He scowled at the poker-face she continued to express and involuntarily, his teeth dug deeper into his bottom lip.

A question at the corner of the paper caught Ian’s eyes, ‘I have a sibling/siblings’. Ian looked up and saw Jace sitting on top of a desk, a lollipop in his mouth.

He quickly darted towards him, stopping the latter from doing anything else. “D-do you…” he froze as their gazes locked, Ian being unable to pull away as his sheet of Human Bingo was clutched between his fingers. There was a blasé mien in Jace’s eyes, and Ian now had no choice but to continue what he was going to ask. “Do you have a sibling?” Ian blurted.

“Nah. Sorry man.” Jace shook his head.

Ian’s expression fell and his head immediately hung. Jace didn’t even hesitate when he answered. Could it be, he didn’t know? Or… maybe he just didn’t care?

Jace glanced at his own paper and saw that his own ‘sibling’ box was unfilled as well, matter-of-fact, none of them were. “Do you have any siblings, by chance?”

Ian raised his head. The oblivious look in Jace’s orbs was obvious that he didn’t know his own brother was standing right before him. They did have similar features, but then again, they are only half-siblings so their differences outweighs their similarities. Involuntarily, Ian beamed.

No matter what, Ian came here to find Jace. He left his parents and his younger sister, just so they could unite. It was the brotherly love he has been hungering for since he found out about Jace, and not even this dismissive reply could break him down now.

“Yes. I do,” Ian responded, his voice overfilled with confidence.

“I hope we didn’t get off on the wrong foot.” Seeing Chunhee still seated and alone, Jiyong decided to take initiative and be the first to talk to her.

Chunhee stole a quick glimpse at him, and then looked back down at her ipod, swirling her finger around the wheel.

Jiyong scoffed before a smirk crept on his face, “I know you’re not listening to music.”

He then started to walk around her, slowly, while he continued to speak. “Why is it that right after Dream High, everyone wants to do the ‘pretending to listen to Ipod’ thing?”

Jiyong sat down beside her before he pointed to the paused sign (vertical, equal sign) shining on the top corner of her ipod. “If you didn’t want to talk to me, you could’ve just said so. I don’t like bothering people who doesn’t like to be bothered either.”

After pushing himself back onto his feet, Jiyong gandered at her one last time, smirked, then walked away with his hands stuffed in the pockets of his jeans.

Chunhee watched him walk further away before she tugged on her headphones. As he took a seat across the room, Chunhee averted her gaze only to let it land on another Bingo sheet next to hers. “Kwon Jiyong.”



Author's Note: Did anyone find the layout of this chapter confusing? I'm sorry if it was (>.<) I kinda wanted this chapter to go back and forth between the homerooms :X

I sooooooo had to use google for some of these words. LOL~

Some of you may have, or may have not noticed, but I slightly changed some of your characters a bit. I find many contradicting traits going on and there are some that I've changed, only to make the story a teeny bit more interesting. Hope you all don't mind! Let me know if you're okay with it, or hate it, or prefer something else, and maybe we can work something out?