007

S.I.M. Academy : The Revival


Nicole blew a raspberry and pulled her gym bag over her shoulder. “I’m heading out first. Naeun, make sure you take good care of Yunwoo,” she announced before exiting the training room.

Nicole stopped at the door, when it finally shut. Then, the disappointed expression she had sported earlier turned into a wide grin as she smacked the palms of her hands together. “Well play, Nicole.” She said, praising herself. “Those two should be closer than two peas in a pod by tomorrow.”

She giggled one last time before skipping down the halls. She knew too well that Naeun had difficulties making lasting friendships, and with the possibility that Naeun and the chic new kid, Yunwoo, would become better friends without Nicole butting in all the time, she just couldn’t pass up that offer.

The sound of a melodic, soothing tune caught her attention and she pierced her head through the window of one of the music rooms. Without hesitance, she barged into the room in glee. “I love that song!” It was one of Yiruma’s classic hits.

The song immediately came to a halt, followed by an annoyed sigh. Blowing up his chances of getting closer to his older brother, Ian’s mood was that of a helpless child. Little did he know, her next few words would have such a positive effect on him.

“Oh? Why’d you stop? Can you play it again? That is my favorite piece by him. Please, please, please!”

The frown on his face slowly lifted as his head fell slightly.

During dinner time, everyone crowded over a specific table seating Issy, the BAP boys, Jace, Jieun and Woohyun.

“Are they saying that everyone has another power?” Chunhee whispered into Taecyeon’s ears, cautious of interrupting the sunbaes answering all the eager newbies’ questions.

Taecyeon shook his head. “Technically… it’s not ‘another’ power. Just think of it as, a compatible addition ‘to’ your powers. Of course, depending on your power, it’s different.”

“Okay, okay. Everyone be quiet for a second!” Issy screeched as she covered her ears with both hands. The cafeteria started getting quite chaotic after the sunbaes agreed to enlighten the rookies about all the little details they’ve missed.

After the only thing Issy could hear was her breathing, she exhaled in ease. “We’ll tell you guys all about the powers but we can’t do it if you are all shouting at once, okay?” Issy smiled after everyone nodded in understanding. “Good.”

“So, where were we? Oh right. You don’t choose what you want your second power to be, it comes naturally with what you already are. For example, all Telekinesis people can fly.”

“Wait, really? Are you saying that I can fly as well?” a newbie telekinesis grinned as she tried to flap her arms.

“Not everyone can gain control of that second power though. It takes a lot of practice and time. You’d have to know how to control your main power in and out, conscious and unconscious before that 2nd power can fully become yours.” Jieun answered with an angelic smile.

“Illusionists can heal wounds,” Nicole beamed as she walked by.

“And invisibility peeps can create force fields,” Jace added with a wink.

“The lucky people with Teleportation has the ability of super, quick speed!” Himchan added to the group, smirking as if his power was oh-so-almighty.

“I can freeze time,” Issy challenged while she stuck out her tongue at the latter.

“Yea, yea. What’s so great about that?” Jieun said, turning her attention towards the crowd. Suddenly, she felt the urge to boast about her own powers. “Shapeshifters are energy-drainers,” Jieun smirked.

“Well guess who has the power to make reflections?” Zelo stood up and sat on the lunch table. “That’s right! It’s me!”

“Too bad you can’t control it yet,” Ailee-sem laughed evilly.

“Sem!” Zelo crossed his arms. “Don’t tell them,” he whispered in anger.

Issy laughed and patted his head. “It’s okay Zelo. It’s okay!” she comforted, using her baby voice.

“Oh right, sem.” Yongguk poked Aliee’s arm. “Why don’t you tell them about the other teachers and your powers.”

“That’s right! The last time you used your powers at the cafeteria, Mr. Lee took our energy, huh? That’s why we were so tired afterwards and that’s why he was so refreshed! Wasn’t it?” Issy inquired.

Ailee-sem smirked. “That’s right!” she grinned. “You’re so smart Issy,” Ailee replied with a wink. “You guys weren’t there,” she pointed towards the rookies who were absent upon the event. Since it occurred right before the new students arrived, none of them were aware of the situation.

“Well, these kids were all shouting and being obnoxious so Ms. Kim rung loud school bells in all of their ears, and I went into their minds telling them that ‘since they liked noise, we were kindly giving them some’ and Mr. Lee drained as much energy as he could out of everyone.” Ailee spoke, flashing a big smile at the end.

All the newbies stared at her with wide-eyes, thinking back to all the noise they had caused just moments ago.

“Don’t worry guys. She’s the nicest out of all of the teachers.” Jace forced a smiled at Ailee.

“Yah, what about me then?” Mrs. Lee suddenly appeared next to Ailee, her lips jutted forward showing her rejection. “I came invisible with Ailee-sem so that I can scare you guys but in the end, you choose Ailee as the nicest teacher? Psh.”

“He was just joking Mrs. Lee.” Jieun responded. She pinched Jace’s thigh under the table and made yelp in pain before letting go.

“There are seven teachers in this school. There’s Ms. Kim Taehee. She’s the first teacher at this school, the co-founder of this school, the closest to President Jang, and the one who rescued a lot of your sunbaes from being tested on. She can be strict sometimes but she is very reliable. She is an Illusionist, as you all may find out very soon.”

“I am Mrs. Lee Minjung, married to Mr. Lee Byunghyun and-“

“Yah. I didn’t even introduce myself and went right ahead to introduce them to Mrs. Kim first. But you have no shame in skipping my turn, huh?” Ailee joked.

Mrs. Lee chuckled. “Yah? I’m older than you.”

Issy shook her head and ushered the whole group to move to the next table quickly and quietly.

“Y-yah! Where are you going?” Mrs. Lee shouted when she noticed the short travels.

“See what you did? You should’ve stayed invisible! You ruined my student-to-teacher time.”

“Aish. It’s you who caused this!”

“Yea. They’re kind of childish sometimes. It’s nice to see once in a while though.” Issy smiled.

“Yep. It reminds us that they’re humans too,” Woohyun snorted. “Rather than vicious wolves that are always trying to find our faults.”

“Yah, Nam Woohyun! I heard that!” Mrs. Lee pointed a finger at the latter and immediately charged towards him. And that, was the beginning of a long chase. Bye, bye Woohyun.

“Aish,” Jace shook his head. “That kid just got out of the Focus room, and he’s finding trouble already?”

“Focus room?”

“What’s that?”

“How did he get in?”

A couple of the students questioned in thirst.

“He pulled the fire alarm earlier when you guys came in. He wanted there to be an emergency so we didn’t have to volunteer and tour you guys around.” Jace replied. “Not that we didn’t want to!” He shook his hand ferociously trying to convince the kids of his lie while Jieun face-palmed herself.

“Anyway,” Daehyun butted in, trying to save the latter from further humiliation. “Point is, he got caught. Now, when you get in trouble there are only two places you can go to. Scratch that, there’s three. One, depending on the severity of your mistake, you may be lucky and get the chance to do, what we call, school-service. You may be assigned to clean the bathrooms, clean the kitchen, basically all those chores for a certain amount of hours. If you did something mediocre, or in Jace’s case, an accomplice of something, then you get the detention room. Jace helped Woohyun pull the fire alarm, by the way.”

“I didn’t help him,” Jace corrected. “I just knew he would do something, and didn’t stop him.”

“Yea. So um, Jace helped him. Jace, tell them what you did in the detention room.” Daehyun insisted.

Jace sighed. “It’s not that bad actually,” he replied nonchalantly. The room is power-proof, so you can’t use your powers in there. And you basically have to avoid getting attacked by whatever happens in there.” Jace nodded as if it was the most normal, simple thing.

“Okay, so maybe it wasn’t such a bright idea to let the master of detention rooms talk to you about detention. If you don’t want to get into trouble, avoid this guy.” Daehyun added.

“The focus room is kind of different, but not really.” Himchan stepped up. “The focus room is not power-proof, so you can use your powers. But the degree of attacks, compared to the detention room, is more on the extreme. On top of that, even though the room isn’t power-proof, the room drains your energy so you’ll get tired a lot faster in the focus room compared to the detention room.”

“So that’s what happened to him,” Haneul bit her lower lip as she thought back to earlier that morning when he was sleeping on the floor of the lounge.

“So don’t get into trouble guys. I’d hate to see my new angels get into trouble,” Ailee smiled genuinely. “But let me introduce the other teachers very quick before I leave, can I?” Ailee stared at the sunbae students for affirmation.

“Of course, my lady.” Yongguk wrapped his arm around Ailee’s shoulders.

She glared at him and shoved his arm away, “Harassing a teacher will not get you anywhere Yongguk.”

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry.” Yongguk descended his arm in a fail attempt of getting Ailee-sem to buy him desserts.

“Mr. Lee Byunghyun is very jokative and nice. And he’s a shapshifter! His wife, Mrs. Lee Minjung is really sweet but she can be tough too. Her power is Invisibility. Mr. Yoo Jaesuk is like an older brother. He’s funny, playful, and what the kids call ‘cool’ nowadays. I don’t see it, but eh. He can teleport. Mr. Woo Jiho is very laid back. He can be slacking sometimes but he’s quick and he’s really good at what he does. He has the power of Seer.”

“Woohoo!” Issy interrupted with a cheer, knowing someone else has the same power as her.

“And I am the last teacher who joined. You can call me Ailee-sem. I’m known as the nicest teacher here,” she winked at Jace and grinned. “I have the power of Telepathy. Oh wait! I forgot, there’s one more teacher!” she gasped. “How can I forget. His name is Mr. Jung Yunho. He’s been on vacation, but he should be back soon in a couple of days. He has Telekinesis. Don’t tell him I forgot about him, kay?”

Ailee quickly checked the time of her watch and gasped again. “Crap. I’m late. Gotta go guys! Talk to you later, alright? Don’t miss curfew! School starts tomorrow!” She screamed. “Yah, Daehyun-ah. Teleport me to the meeting room, quick!”

The kids chuckled.

“Oppa,” one of the female newbies locked her arms with Jongup’s. “You were kidnapped? How did it happen?”

Jongup awkwardly chuckled, shocked at the bold movement. He kindly tried retreating his own limb when suddenly somebody forced the two to part. “Grabbing onto a sunbae’s arm so daring, do you think that’s appropriate?”

The appointed student smiled innocently. “I’m sorry. It’s just because he’s so cute, I couldn’t get my eyes off of him.”

“Cute?” Issy scoffed.

“You guys aren’t dating right?”

“D-dating? Of course not!” Issy answered. She placed her hands on her hips and looked away. Dating, she said? How dare she make it seems so simple?

“Okay, how about we call this a night then?” Zelo extended the gap between the two females, as he stood in front if Issy and ushered away the crowd. “Bye everyone. Goodnight. If you get lost, ask someone else, not us. Okay?”

“Hold up, it’s over? I just got Mrs. Lee off my back.” Woohyun jumped around the table seeing everyone departing.

“Oh, no you didn’t!” Mrs. Lee made herself reappear and smirked.

“Sem, don’t you have a meeting to go to?” Youngjae questioned.

“Meeting? Oh snap! The meeting!” She grabbed onto Himchan’s arm, “Take me to the meeting, now!”



Author's Note : Who noticed that this chapter is longer than the rest? I want to make the chapters a bit longer than I used to. Let me know if this length is good, or a bit more may be nice?

Hope you all weren't too bored with this update >.< Tomorrow, they go to school! Just bear with me for another update, then I'll get the action started, kay?

Anyway, let me know what you think! Like? Dislike? Adore? Whatever~~