Father and Son Bonding

Daddy Hunting

AMBER's POV

 

I'm glad that Krystal accepted my proposal to her. I am extremely happy that night. My nervousness suddenly got out from the system of my body. Now she is not my girlfriend anymore but she is already my fiancee. We had a wonderful evening that night. Early in the morning, on the next day, we flew back to Korea. Well, Yuri didn't go with us because he got something important to take care in Japan. He can't leave there withouth fixing everything. Yunjin likes the toy car that we bought for him as our presents. It is a remote control car. We never mention to anyone about Yuri's plan. Since I'm an expert liar, I'm the one who told Jessica that Yuri will be happily married to his long time girlfriend soon. For the first time in my life, I feel guilty about lying. I witnessed how her expression changed into a sad one. Even if she is smiling, I can see the hurt in her eyes. We decided to go back to America after a couple of days so that everything will be okay now.

 

"Appa, who is Yuri?" Yunjin asked me when we lie on our bed. He sleep with me because Jessica will share the same bed with Krystal.

 

"He is your future cousin's Dad." I answered to him with a smile.

 

"Cousin?"he questioned, tilting his head on the side in confusion.

 

"Yeah. So when you will meet him, you call him Uncle Yuri, okay?" I answered to him.

 

"Is he Aunt Sica's boyfriend?"he asked me curiously with a bright expression on his face.

 

"He will be if your Aunt will accept him."I answered to him and scoffed. "Do you want her to get married to Yuri?"

 

"I haven't meet that Yuri guy but if he is handsome too and cool like you Appa, maybe I will approve him to marry my beautiful Aunt Sica."he answered with a smirk.

 

"Well, even if Yuri is less handsome and cool than me. He still belongs to the category of handsome and cool." I remarked and chuckled. "In handsomeness, nothing beats us, Liu's." I boasted.

 

I notice that his smiles fades. Just then, I realized that he is not yet carrying my last name.

 

"But the Yunjin Jung Liu will be the most handsome guy in the world because he is the son of the handsome Amber Liu and beatuiful Krystal Jung." I remarked as I tickled his tummy. A smile was formed on his face and laugh.

 

"Stop it, Appa!"he said to me as he tried to grab my hand and continue to giggled.

 

I stopped when I see that he had enough. His laughter died after a while and then he stay quiet. I look at him and he is just staring on the ceiling blankly. It seems to me that he is thinking something.

 

"What's wrong, buddy?" I nudged him which snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked at me and flash a faint smile.

 

"Nothing, Appa."he answered.

 

"Really? But you were thinking just now, aren't you?"I asked him. "What were you thinking?"

 

He was about to say something but he close his mouth back. I smile at him to tell him that he can tell me everything. He smiled back and then he let out a deep sigh. I got a little bit surprise and mentally laugh at him. I got amuse because it seems to me that my son is already carrying a big problem at such a young age.

 

"Come on, tell me."

 

"It's Kana."he said to me shyly.

 

"Kana?" I questioned and he nodded his head. "What about her?" I added.

 

"We had a fight earlier. She won't talk to me anymore and told me that she don't want to be friends with me."he stated with a sad tone of voice.

 

"Why will she say that?"I asked him. "Did you do something that made her angry?" I asked curiously and he shook his head.

 

"I told her that I will go to America and she told me that I was telling a lie."he replied.

 

"So you two had a fight?"I asked him and he nodded his head. "Well, maybe Kana was just sad when she knew that you were leaving.Girls don't say directly their feelings to us. They want us to figure it out on our own or read them." I said to him.

 

He furrowed his brows, maybe his young mind can't comprehend what just I said to him.

 

"You should say a proper goodbye to Kana and maybe leave something for her. Maybe something important for you as a remembrance for her." I continued.

 

"Hmmm, can I leave my toy car that you bought for me? It is the most important for me now."he stated.

 

"Are you sure you want to do that?"I asked him curiously and he nodded his head.

 

"I want Kana to take good care of it for me. I will get it back from her when I come back here again."he said to me with a smile on his face.

 

"Okay. I think you need to say a proper goodbye to your GIRLFRIEND too." I , stressing the word and chuckled.

 

"Kana is not my girlfriend Appa."he answered defensively and I laugh at his reaction. "Maybe, I'll ask her to marry me when we grow up and if she is as beautiful as Umma."he mumbled.

 

I just shrugged my shoulders and laugh. I don't want to encourage him because whatever you say to a kid at his age, he will surely bear it in his mind.