Chapter 8

A-Plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh?!”

Still in Jongsuk’s arms, I twisted my head to see who it was. Surprised, I bowed slightly to the older idol. “Ah annyeonghasaeyo, Jaejoong-shi.”

His eyes were shifting from my face to Jongsuk’s several times. Ok, awkward. Squirming, I turned back and whispered to Jongsuk, “Yah! Let go..”

As if surprised, he replied and released me, “O-oh.”

Turning around, I properly greeted him again and said, “I’m looking for Key.”

“Oh,” was all I got from the man. O-kay. Why is everyone making it so difficult to hold a conversation now? Not helping at all, Jongsuk was just standing there looking at the guy. Was he sizing one of the Gods of the East?! Man.

“Oh! Where are my manners? This is Jongsuk and,” turning to Jaejoong I said, “This is Jaejoong-shi. I’m sure you know him, right?” I whispered and signalled Jongsuk to quickly bow.

He pretended not to see. Man, this kid. Pinching his waist, he jumped slightly and proceeds to do so.

“Annyeonghasaeyo Jaejoong-shi. Panggapsumnida,” he said, bowing reluctantly.

“Ah, deh,” Jaejoong bowed in return.

“Ruby-ah, OPPA got my jacket from Key already,” he said, stressing the word. I raised my eyebrow. What the f-.

Ignoring it. I replied, “Ah neh, sorry it took so long.”

“Kwenchana, Oppa-ga, oppa..”

“B!” I heard from a distance. I looked out and saw Key running to me.

“Oh? Jongsukkie wasseo?!” Key said, looking at the guy. I can totally imagine Jongsuk rolling his eyes. He hated the nickname given. Saied it made him sound gay. Pssh, guys.

“Oh, I was sending her home just now when you called,” Jongsuk replied. “You guys having supper right? I gotta run.”

Turning to him I asked, “Not joining us?”

He shook his head and said, “Nelly’s waiting for me.”

Now this is the Jongsuk I know. Always in a rush to go home. Nelly’s his dog by the way. Crazy hyper bundle of joy.

“Arasseo, ka,” I said, giving him a big hug. Jongsuk returned the hug and lifted me up for a tighter one, making me giggle.

“Haha, yah! Put me down,” I said, slapping his shoulders.

“See you tomorrow, B,” he said, ruffling my hair. After hi-fiving and throwing the duffle bag to Key, and bowing to Jaejoong (I swear I nearly forgot he was there!), he went off.

“Jae-hyung, we’re gonna grab supper at the cafeteria. Wanna join us?” asked Key.

“Geurae,” he said, “kaja.”

Key looped his hand around mine and ushered me into the building. We were walking in front of Jaejoong. Turning around, I smiled at him. He gave me a half-smile. Okaay, why so temperamental? I heard musicians are like that. Key’s like that. Maybe he is too. I shrugged.

Sitting on a round table, Key went to grab some food for us, leaving the both of us. “So..” I started, trying to break the awkward silence. He looked up. “How’s work?”

Great. I should really think before I speak.

“It’s been good,” he replied curtly. Pssh. Now I’m reminded of Jay when we first met.

“O-kaaay,” I said. Rocking my body, unsure of what to do. “I heard you guys are going on a world tour next month.”

“Yeah,” he replied again, now playing with his phone. What is taking Key so long?!

“Listen Ruby,” he went, startling me. He’s talking! F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter