Chapter 7

A-Plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I always thought school was such a drag. But it turns out to be better now that I seemed to have found a friend with Jay and this other guy from the club. No no, no the kinda club you’re thinking, but from the Archery club I joined some time ago. I don’t know how it happened but I went from being a loner to having 2 friends other than Key of course, in this foreign land. Yay me!

Who’s the other guy you asked? He’s Lee Jong-suk. One of the newbies in the club too. Always sitting at the last row during meetings and having his headphones on most of the time, I never really noticed him before. Not that I did with anyone prior anyways.

I was on the way to practice when I bumped into him and we became fast friends ever since we realised we took the same bus home. What exactly happened was kind of hazy to me but who cares? I’ve friends now. We’re the same age surprisingly. Even Jay was like 2 years younger than me. I was glad.

Back to reality. We’re having lunch at a ddokbokki restaurant with Jay. School was nearby so it’s convenient for the both of us, and Jong-suk. Consolidating our notes together, it seemed like this partnership is easier than I thought. Jay‘s always on time with his work and it wasn’t slipshod either. Cool cool cool.

“Hey B, stop playing with your food. It’s annoying the hell out of me,” Jong-suk scowled nudging my right arm.

I never realised I was even daydreaming. “Oh? Mian. I was..thinking of stuff.”

Scooping some shrimps and cockles from the big pan, I smiled brightly. “Jong-suk-ah, wanna walk around Hongdae after this?”

He shrugged. “Why not? Jay?” he turned to ask the latter.

“I’ve practice after this. You guys go ahead,” Jay replied, twisting his chopsticks with ramyun. Man, the boy’s hungry.

“Geurae geureum, it’ll just be the two of us then,” I said, quickly digging into my food.

I enjoyed walking with Jong-suk. He’s tall, skinny and pretty fair. What a contrast. We’re like the odd couple. Chuckling to myself, I shook my head.

“Wae?” he asked. “What’s so funny?”

Looking up to him, I said, “We’re really different, you and I.”

“Of course,” he shrugged,” you’re a girl and I’m a guy.”

Rolling my eyes, I lightly smacked his arm.

“Thank you for pointing that out, Mr. Obvious,” I said, earning a chuckle from him. Pulling me to a nearby stall, he took a hair accessory and tried it on me.

Squinting his right eye, he said, “Hmm...maybe not.”

Taking another, he tilted his head. “Hmm..”

“Yah, boeya?! Jangnan aniya!” I laughed, shoving him slightly. “Kaja!”

Pulling him, we went into a spectacles store. “I need new glasses. The old 1 has scratches on them.”

Looking up, I tried on an aegyo, “Help me.”

Chuckling, he replied, “Arasso.”

Seeing him concentrating on the task at hand, I studied his face. Despite his lanky figure, he has a pretty cute face. Thick lips, single eyelid eyes, sharp nose. Pretty. Wait what?! I must really be losing it.

“When dya think we can practice outdoors?” I heard him ask. Looking up to him, I shrugged.

“Prolly not until spring comes. The weather’s really getting to cold,” I said, rubbing my arms.

He placed the frames that he has chosen on me and pushed me to the mirror. I adjusted the frames and tilted my head. He bent down to my level, his face beside me. Putting his hands on both my arms, he asked, “Hmm, yeappeuda. What dya think?”

At that point of time, what I think is not as important as how I feel. Why is he so close? Wait, he always is. We’re ‘brothers’ aren’t we? That’s what we dubbed our new found friendship anyways. Must be the wild thoughts I had before. It’s making me real nervous and uncomfortable.

“B..Ruby-ah..,” I heard him say, knocking his chin on my shoulders.

“O-oh?”

“What dya think?” he asked.

Abruptly, I shifted and walked over to the counter, leaving him behind. “I’ll take this.”

Man, I need to get a grip. I can’t just fall for every Tom, or Harry I become friends with. Wait is that a smirk I saw on the reflection. Was Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter