Chapter 4

A-Plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wake up, sleepy head,” I shouted on his left ear. Key made a grunt and moved slightly, before dozing off again.

Taking the pillow beside him, I hit it on his bottom. Kid grunted and tried to sit up, a little too quickly. Rolling his eyes back, he fell flat on the bed again. “Oh! My head!”

“Serves you right for drinking illegally. I need to have a word with your sunbennims for giving it to you,” I warned him, trying to act like the big sister I should have been. “Maybe I should speak to Minho, as well.”

“Speaking of Minho. He told me something about training and or something this morning. Ring any bell?”

“Oh !” Key shrieked, getting out of bed, not caring about his splitting headache anymore, “What time is it?” he asked.

Looking out of the window, he scattered out of bed and went into the adjoining bathroom. “No matter, sun’s up! I’m late!”

Walking out of his room, I went back to making breakfast. Class starts only 2 today and I’m feeling generous. A big breakfast for my lovely Key it is! Hearing the door unlocked, I shouted, “How do you like your egg, man?”

Turning around from the stove, I saw Key rushing to the front door, putting on his shoes. “I would prefer it in my stomach, but that looks more like a dream now. Toodles!”

“Yah! Yah! Yah! At...” I shouted, running back to the closing door, “...least have a toast.”

Sighing, I went back to the table and slouch. Big breakfast, my . Looking up to the clothes hanger, I sighed again. Great. His coat is still there.

++++++++++

It was already time for class before I knew it. Walking on campus, I waved back at the girls near the pillars. Wait, wave? Who? Running to me, Sarang came and greeted me. Oh. My. God. Did the queen of campus just talked to little old me?! I must be having a heatstroke in the middle of December.

“Ruby, annyeong!” Sarang cheerfully greeted me.

“Deh, Annyeonghasaeyo, Sarang-shi.”

“Listen, I saw you at the club yesterday. You looked good!” she commented. At 5 foot 5 she might be shorter than me, but the heels she wore today more than make up for it. Just like any typical Korean, she probably a size 2 or less decked in the latest brands today. I’m still wondering why she’s beside me though, trying to keep up.

“Neh, gamsahamnida. I didn’t see you there yesterday.”

“Ahh! I was in the VIP room next to yours! I heard some of SM’s big names booked that room last night.I didn’t know you knew them!”

Oh! Noooooooow, I know why she’s here.

“Ah deh, geurae-yo?” still keeping it polite between us. Don’t want to offend the popular girl in school, do I?

“My friend’s a friend of them. It’s just a one off thing,” I shrugged it off, hoping that she doesn’t expect me to do anything more than I could.

“Oh, chincha? Well, do invite me the next time you go to a party like that yea? You know, we’re friends aren’t we?” she said, giving me her porcelain-made smile.

Friends? We’re not even classmates. Give me a break woman.

“Sure,” I replied, nonchalantly, knowing that it will probably never happen again. Waving back at her, I headed to class on my own.

Class was pretty much a bore. We got an assignment to do and we’re supposed to pair up with one of our classmates for it. Great, how will an introverted, foreigner get a partner?

I have no idea. But things always work out for me in the end.

The ringing from my headphone got me out of my daydream.

“Hey B, I won’t be home for dinner today. My sunbae’s treating us to dinner later,” Key chirped in the phone, sounding way happier than this morning.

“Geurae? Arasso. Wait. Why?” I asked. It’s not often that the boys get treats from their busy sunbaenims.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter