Chapter 10

A-Plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People say that you should always take your chances. You never know what will happen to you, especially when you least expected it.

Last night was, really unexpected. How did I get Jaejoong to like me was beyond comprehension. Could it be Key has been exaggerating? Should I tell Key? Maybe not. I don’t think I can handle him reacting to what might just be an infatuation on Jaejoong’s part. I never thought I was his type though. Don’t everyone like a trophy girlfriend? I for one, am definitely not. Maybe he -.

My thoughts got interrupted when I heard my name being called. Looking up, I didn’t see anyone. Shrugging, I walked quickly. I was at the intersection when I heard someone calling me again.

“B!”

I turned and saw Jongsuk walking towards me. Holding up his hand, he showed me a bag.

“Got you some muffins. Kaja!” he said, putting his arms on my shoulders.

“Were you the one calling me awhile ago?” I asked, looking up.

“I just got here. Wae?” he said nonchalantly.

Weird. Shrugging it off, I said, “Aniya, maybe I heard wrongly.”

We have practice today. Jongsuk was supposed to show me 3D Archery. They use life-size three-dimensional animal targets made from foam instead of target sheets.

Standing behind me, he straightened my waist and shoulders. “Okay, focus and try hitting that.”

Releasing my arrow, I hit the faux animal’s feet. “Aish!” I shouted, jumping up and down.

“It’s ok, you’ll get better with practice. Cmon let’s try again,” he said.

Now, he stayed behind me with his hand on my tummy, “Control your breathing,” he said.

Right. Control. How am I supposed to control with his hand there?! Concentrating, I breathed deep and focus. I shoot and hit its right arm.

“Good! It’ll get better. I’m gonna get some drinks. Go practice,” he said, and left. Of course, not without ruffling my hair first. Haish. Making me lose my momentum. Last night it was Jaejoong, now it’s him.  Pfft.

I must have looked like pushover. Squaring my shoulders, I tried to focus on the target again. I’m gonna imagine the bear as..Jaejoong. Yes Jaejoong. How dare he put his hands on me and surprising me with kisses. Does he think I’m some loose girl?! Releasing the arrow, I saw that I hit the side of its face. I giggled. A scar on the idol’s face will prolly lose him some fans wouldn’t it?

Aiming again, I thought, he thinks everyone must like him just because he told them to. Does he think I’m to be trifled with? Pssh. Releasing again, I hit its nose. My giggles grew louder. Closing my mouth with my hand, I thought maaaybe people must have thought I’m crazy. Oh well.

Taking the next arrow, I thought, but I’ve always been clear headed and never let anyone push me over. So what happened last night? Releasing the arrow, I widen my eyes. Do I like him too?!

Lowering my bow, I saw that the last arrow barely hit the foam. It landed at the side of its feet. If my deduction is true, I’m ed.

“Ruby Chase!” I turned, upon hearing my name.

“Uh?”

“You were doing great before. What happened?”

Oh it’s the team captain. “Where’s Jongsuk?” Haneul asked. That her name. She may be 7 years older than me but she’s real petite and sweet albeit a terror when it comes to training.

“He went to get some refreshments,” I said.

“Arasso, focus Ruby-shi. You could almost get it just now,” she tapped my arm.

I blew a raspberry. Man, she’s a tough cookie.

I continued training on my own till Jongsuk came. He didn’t do much really. Just sat there and instruct me on my posture and giving breathing techniques advises.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter