Chapter 11

A-Plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you here?” I blurted out subconsciously.

“It’s Christmas Eve,” he said simply. I furrowed my eyebrows. What has Christmas Eve got to do with him being here? And where’s Jongsuk?!

“I thought you were Jongsuk,” I said, looking at the bouquet sitting on the kitchen counter. “You brought me that?”

“Yeah, I heard Key said they’re your favourite,” he said. Standing there with him hands in his pocket, I then realised how suave he looks. Maybe its the army green asymmetrical shirt and black denim. Or the multiple necklaces and bracelets. Or his perfectly styled hair. I don’t know. But I sure as hell know that he has no business standing in the middle of my living room when I supposed to go out soon.

“Why did you ge-, I mean, thanks, for the bouquet,” I said, struggling to say what I wanted to say. Ever since the confession night, we have neither spoken on the phone nor met. So him being here is perplexing to me.

“Listen, I’m on my way out so I..can’t hang out with you right now,” I said, assuming that what he wants to do.

I can literally see his face hardened. Did I say something? It’s his fault for coming unannounced.

“Going on a date?” he asked, his voice seemingly annoyed.

Ignoring the question, I just said, “I’m meeting Jongsuk, so if..” saved by the bell.

Opening the door, my eyes met the beaming ones of Jongsuk.

“Jongsuk yah, you said you’ll be here on the dot!” I exclaimed, standing with arms akimbo. If he is, this situation will probably never happen. I think.

“Is that how you speak to someone who asked you on a date?!” he asked still smiling. Taking his hands off his back, he shoved a bouquet of white roses to my face.

Wait, another bouquet? So, roses may not be my favourite, but which girl doesn’t like receiving bouquets? “Komowo Jongie!” I beamed taking it and circling my arms around his neck for a hug. I only call him that when I’m in a good mood and apparently the flowers changed my frown upside down.

He reciprocated and hugged my waist.  I let go and he went in, past me. “By the way, I’ve a grievance to settle with you mister. How dare you kiss me on..” my voice trailed when I bumped into Jongsuk’s back.

“Ouf, yah! Why’d you stop?” I rubbed my forehead.

Bowing to Jaejoong, Jongsuk turned to me and mouthed, “Why is he here?”

Oh, right. The situation.

I signalled I didn’t know and moved forward. At the same time, Jaejoong must have moved towards us too cause before I knew it, I was dragged into my room by the latter.

“Yah!” I heard Jongsuk shouted. Turning around, barely trying to walk, I said, “Wait for me, I’ll..”

And the door shut with a click. “..be right back,” I mumbled.

“Hey, what’s the deal he-“ I asked looking up at him. His facial expression was dark and I have a feeling that it was because of me.

“Uh..Jongie..I mean Jongsuk is here to pick me up, so..” I trailed, quite frightened by his change of mood. He sauntered towards me slowly making me retreat until we hit the wall.

Instinctive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter