Chapter 12

A-Plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Instead of going out for Christmas Eve, we stayed home instead. Jongsuk claimed that he doesn’t feel like going out anymore giving the reason that there will be crowds and he hates it. I think he’s just being considerate. He always has a knack of knowing how I feel and tries to put me over everything else. I’m glad I have him as a friend.

“Hey chinggu yah,” I nudged him. We are now sitting in front of the television watching a movie he quickly rented from the video machine. My head was on his shoulders and his arms around my shoulder.

“Hmm?” he looked up.

“Komowo,” I said, smiling. “Noh Jjang!”

“Ruby, do you wanna tell me what happened back there?” Jongsuk asked. “I never knew you were that close with Kim Jaejoong.”

I sighed. I knew sooner or later, he’ll probe. “He said he like me and kissed me. Like a lot.”

Jongsuk sat up, in shock. Looking at me in disbelief, he said, ”Geotjimal.”

“I know right, I think that’s bull crap too when I first heard it,” I said, sitting up facing him. Finally someone is agreeing to my sentiments. Now that I’ve started to open up to someone about it everything just came pouring out.

“I was so confused. I mean, I only met the guy a couple of time and seriously man, he’s like Kim Jaejoong of DBSK. It’s ridiculous. I think he’s just playing me.”

I ended with a sigh again. Jongsuk just stared at the floor, probably analysing this. “And do you like him?” he asked quietly.

I looked up, thinking. Do I like him? I never really thought of that. Besides admiring him for his work, and to be honest, his physical being, I never thought if I knew him enough to like him. Then, I remembered his words.

‘Somewhere in there, I know you feel something.’

Lust. It’s just lust.

“I know I lust for him,” I replied subconsciously, remembering the make-out session I had with him. “But I don’t think I know him enough to like him, you know.”

“Hmm,” Jongsuk replied.

“I think he’s just infatuated, you know. I’m different from the girls here. That’s probably why he’s attracted to me. What do you think?”

“Moreugeutta,” he replied, leaning back and playing with his fingers.

“Anyways, I think it’ll pass and I’ll prolly be that girl he knew back then. You know, these things with people in entertainment,” I shrugged, saying it out loud to convince myself more than anything else.

“So what are you gonna do now?” he asked.

“Molla, if something happens it happens,” I said. I remembered how I let things get out of control everytime he touches me. “I don’t want to dwell on it much. Besides, I’m single and available right?”

He shrugged. Was I wrong? Maybe I’m taking this too lightly. I then too, shrugged.

“Speaking of crushes, do you have anyone in mind? I never hear you talk about these things before. For all I know you have a girlfriend!” I said, laughing.

“Aniya” he said denying, looking sullen.

I nudged him. “Yah, I’m just kidding man. Chill.”

Looking up, he just shook his head and smile. “Nan kwenchana, noh?”

I shrugged.

“Come here,” he signalled me to cuddle next to him. “Let’s watch the Christmas special. It’s coming up.”

“Oh,” I said, smiling. Moving over, all that happened just now forgotten. You can always count on Jongsuk to make everything feel better. I don’t know how, but I was then.

The next day was quite a lazy day too, despite it being Christmas. We fell asleep on the couch with the TV on. I ended up on Jongsuk’s lap while he slept sitting. I don’t get how people manage to do that but he’s probably those kind that can sleep anywhere.

Getting up, I could feel my neck sore. I wonder if he’s the same. Slowing nudging him, I whispered, “Ireona, you’ll be sore if you sleep like that.”

He grunted and lean forward, eyes still close. Taking his hand, I pulled him up and directed him to my room. I could hear his feet dragging reluctantly.

“Jah, go on and sleep. I’ll wake you up when breakfast’s ready.”

All I got was a grunt, followed by a snore. Haish. Men.

Rubbing my eyes, I headed for a wash. I was brushing my teeth when I had a thought. It’s Christmas. What do Koreans have for Christmas? Maybe I’ll ask Key.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter