Chapter 1

A-Plus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve always thought that it’s ok to be a size 14. And it is very assuring to know that your diva bestfriend thinks that it’s fine too. Despite going every time he couldn’t fit into his size 26 leather pants after dinner, he thinks it’s ok for girls to have, quoting his words, “a little volume”.  Well that is, until I went to Korea.

In Seoul, everyone and I mean literally EVERYONE looks good. Walking around Hongdae from Ehwa University after class, I for once, felt quite conscious of myself. Doesn’t help seeing girls whispering to their boyfriends while looking at me. It feels like high school all over again.

Why am I in Seoul you ask? An exchange program for 3 months. I have always like the KPOP scene, you see and when an opportunity presents itself as such, of course I’ll take it. But now, I’m not so sure anymore.

Waiting outside Holly’s Coffee Cafe for Key, I stood awkwardly, scratching the back of my left leg with my right. Blowing into my leather gloves, I was freezing. It’s been a month now, December and the cold weather is taking its toll on me. Looking up, I thought to myself, Will it snow soon?

Coming from a tropical country, I’ve never experienced winter, more so snow before and I wonder if I will. Maybe. I’ve many positive thoughts before I come to Seoul.

Will I get to feel snow?

Will I like staying here?

Will I be able to make friends here?

Will I maybe get a boyfriend here?

Now that I’m here, those thoughts became more distant than ever. I’m 5”7 and it doesn’t help that I’m 20kg heavier than probably all the girl population in Seoul. So, let’s just check out the last thought. Trying to make friends is harder than I thought too. Although, some classmates are nice, they still remain as, well, classmates. I’m glad Key’s here with me. He’s training to be one of those pretty boys on TV. Cool, right? It’s been a year since he was discovered and he still thinks it’s surreal.

“Yo! B!” shouted Key, just as he got out of the door. “Kaja, babe!”

Smiling, I walked over to him. “Komowo, uri dongsaeng!” I said, taking the Latte off his hand. Locking his arms into mine, we walked down the road to the hostel room we rented for the next months.

Oh! In case you guys are wondering, Key’s my bestfriend. Unlike me, he fits right in with the crowd. Tall, lanky, fashionista Key fits right in. Being Korean helps too. And nope, he’s not gay. He’s just v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter