Gates of Hell

Playing with a Dragon's Heart

"W-What? Did I hear you right, Sir?" she asked after long minutes of silence.

No. Maybe her ears were deceiving her. She must be tired and she needs a rest. Yes. Maybe she'll accept her boss' offer to take a day off tomorrow.

Hyun Suk sighed again like he never sighed before. He rubbed his wrinkled hands on his face. He felt terrible asking Chaerin about his risky request. But Chaerin was the only option now.

"No, no. You heard it right." he said.

Chaerin blinked. Live with...her? Jiyong? The devil-born?

"W-why?"

Hyun Suk debated with himself if he should continue this. He now knows what Jiyong is capable of doing and asking his talented lawyer is a risk. Jiyong and Chaerin were even enemies even before they know the word 'hate', who knows what they might do to each other.

"Se7en," he cringed when he called his brother's mask name."Se7en called a while ago."

He remembered when he was sipping his coffee when his phone rang. He answered immediately, spilling the coffee on the way. He shivered when he heard his brother's first 'Hello'. He nearly shouted when Dong Wook threatened to burn the office again if they don't hand down Jiyong. He didn't agree of course.

Finding Jiyong isn't easy as 1, 2, 3.

But his hope shoot up once again when Dong Wook changed his mind. He remembed the voice so clear. "Fine. I won't burn down NPDA. But make sure you hide Jiyong well, my dear brother. I'm just here. Watching." and then he hunged up.

Chaerin gasped when her boss finished telling her. They really wanted Jiyong and she wondered why Hyun Suk can't just give him up. The boy clearly gave the entire association a pain in the and it was just yesterday when Jiyong was captured.

Hyun Suk thought for a while. Is Chaerin really the best option? Yes. Chaerin is a strong woman. He knows that the lady can handle his nephew well. Plus this is a request and Chaerin never backs down in requests.

But the look on his lawyer made him doubt again.

Chaerin was frowning, thinking deeply of the advantages(if there's one) and the disadvantages of agreeing in this.

Disadvantages, she listed first in her mind:

1. She gets to live with her enemy, Kwon Jiyong.

2. She gets to see him every single day, unless she locks him up in his room all day.

3. She's positive that she'll be annoyed and irritated with him.

4. She'll hear his annoying voice.

5. She's literally hiding a criminal. An evil person.

6. Everything about living with the git is considered disadvantage.

There's one advantage though, unfortunately. She'll know everything about him and that was she's supposed to be doing since she's his lawyer. Knowing everything is the main point of this case.

She looked up with a new face.

"I agree."

~

Jiyong sighed. Why did he even agree on this?

Is he that stupid now? The annoying old cop asked him to live with the disgusting and he can't believe he agreed. Being within an inch from her makes his hairs stand up and actually live in her house, what the ? He doesn't even know why he's being thrown to her house.

He watched irritatedly as his uncle and his enemy came back.

"Well. That took long." he spat and stood up.

"Jiyong, please." Hyun Suk sighed.

"You've been saying 'please' for a long time, old man. Not getting tired?" he asked and sat again.

Hyun Suk didn't answer but turned to the woman beside him.

"Are you sure about this Chaerin-ah? I'm not forcing you to." he said softly. He was grateful as Chaerin agreed on the plan.

Keep Jiyong hidden until it's time.

Jiyong turned to smirk at Chaerin. "You agreed, beggar-blood?"

"Be thankful, brat." she scoffed.

"Just remember that I'd rather die than live with you. But then, I still need to see you die, so it." he carefully said but his smirk lingered on his face.

Chaerin nearly forgot he was a murderer and she regretted almost immediately. But then it was her duty that stopped her from declining.

"Jiyong, thank Chaerin for letting you sta-"

"No thanks." and with that he opened the white door and slammed them shut.

Hyun Suk pursed his lips together. "Are you still sure, Chaerin?"

"I can handle." she lied. Because everything is just ed up and Chaerin wasn't sure if she can handle such monster.

~

"This is where you're staying." Chaerin opened the door of the only spare room in her house.

Jiyong went in, bumping shoulders with his new housemate. The room was spacious, with a king sized bed on the center, just in front of the door. Black and white zebra stripes were on the wall. Soft carpet dressed the floor. A desk with books and pens on the right of the bed. A door in which he guessed was a walk in closet. Jiyong almost collapsed to the bed when his eyes crossed them again. He never felt this kind of affection to a bed before. But then there was a problem that he couldn't wait to complain...

"No windows?" he asked with his left eyebrows raised.

"Obviously." Chaerin spat.

Jiyong only rolled his eyes.

"Well, prick, if you're done sticking with me, you may go out of MY room. I would like to get a ing rest." he said while pushing Chaerin rudely.

"YAH!" she shouted when he managed to push her outside the door. "Aish. Aren't you going to clean your wound or even dress atleast?"

"No and do I ing look like I have a ing spare clothes? Unless you're Harry ty Potter-"

"ALRIGHT. ALRIGHT." she sighed annoyingly and turned her heels to the living room.

She heard the door slammed when she reached the end of the hall and the beginning of the living room.

"I'm worried." she heard her boss say. She looked at Hyun Suk who had kept his anxious face for hours.

"I'm sorry, sir." she said.

"For what?"

"I'm going to be honest and honestly, I don't think this will ever work. I think we'll kill each other even before Se7en can find him."

Hyun Suk sighed again for the hundredth time that day. "That is what I'm worried for. Can you try, atleast, to be civil with him? I think that will help you on the case and with...living with him."

"That's what I actually planned on doing, sir."

"Good, good." he nodded. "Well, I think I better go. Call me immediately when something happens and when he tries to do...things that are out of line. Always keep your phone with you. Lock the main door, incase he escapes, thank God you don't have windows in your house, and your bedroom door. If you sleep, lock them and for extra protection, put things that can block the door, alright?" he reminded worriedly.

Chaerin managed to chuckle. "Yes, sir."

"And you still have the gun that Daesung gave you, right?"

"Never touched them"

"But you will have to prepare. Goodnight, Chaerin-ah" he bid and left hurriedly for his car, afraid that someone might see him despite the dead street outside.

Chaerin sighed and leaned on her door after locking it and keeping the key on her pocket.

He's here and there's no backing out. This is it. The gates of hell.

She walked slowly to her room, fearing that she'll annoy the man inside the other room. The last thing she wants is to argue with him before she sleeps.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND the story starts. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thank you for the comments and subscribers:""""> I'm so flattered that someone is actually interested and excited in this story. THANK YOOOU>:D<

Okay. Something happened a while ago.

Someone messaged me, asking me-no, wait.-COMPLAINING actually on to why I didn't put Dara as the main. She's actually complaining that Dara is much better with Jiyong, and not my Hunchae. Complaining that the only flaw of the story is just Chaerin is the lead with Jiyong and not Dara. HMP.

Well, lemme tell you. Can you imagine Dara swearing, cursing, being badass and answering back to Jiyong? Because I just can't. I see Dara as a sweet and lovely woman but Chaerin is just the bomb that goes well with THE Jiyong in this story. I just can't believe that DaraGon shippers read SkyDragon fics and then complain to the authors. Like, What The Actual ?

Now, now. I'm not bashing DaraGon or Applers because I'm one of you too, but really? Telling me I'm a bad author just because I prefer Chaerin with Jiyong is just too plain proof of human stupidity.

Okay, done ranting.