Clutch

Playing with a Dragon's Heart

Chaerin paced back and fourth inside her room, in front of her bed. She fidgeted with her phone that she was clutching and she bit her lips. Hard.

She had never felt this uneasy before. Even when she was in court, legally protecting and standing up for someone. Mainly because she was confident what the other party has to say. Confident that she was going to win again, but now, she was irritating herself. Why be so nervous about something so simple like this?

Simple like telling Jiyong that his so called friends have now a track on his lost mother.

But then, everything about Jiyong was never simple. Everything that concerns him was never too easy. It was always on the opposite side. Too difficult.

She was scanning her brains to look for a way to tell him this for hours and she doesn't find anything. She was nervous about what may come out of and what may his reaction be. Of course, she couldn't be like, 'Hey, Kwon, you know those two humans you call friends? They cornered me the other day and guess what? They told me they know where your mother is now. Yay!' No. Just, no.

She was comtemplating about not telling him. Besides, what does she care? He can't do nothing anyway. He can live without her telling about his mother. It doesn't have anything to do with her. The only thing that keeps her to him was that she was his lawyer and he was living in her roof. She can just let him be and let him die of suicide.

But then again, she's Lee Chaerin. The woman with two hearts; The other made of steel, the other made of pure benevolence.

The latter felt sad for Jiyong, so, she's going to tell him.

She doesn't have a choice anyway.

~

Jiyong paced back and fourth in the hallway, in front of her bedroom door.

It's been 3 hours since 6(the usual time she gets out of her room, he noticed) in the morning and he didn't hear her get out of her room at all.

He's not worried, he tells himself. He's just simply hungry. He's been craving for her homemade food ever since she left him some the first time. He never thought she'll even cook for him at all.

He remembered that late night escapade that he had. Where he helped himself in three cups of noodles. He figured she have discovered his trash in the next morning and he avoided her since then. He doesn't want to face Lee when he knows he owes her alot.

So, that's it. He's just hungry and she didn't went out of her room.

She's gone to work, . A voice tells him, and he scowled. Realizing that maybe, for once, the voice inside his head was right. Maybe she had gone to work. Leaving him alone with nothing to eat at all. He should have known.

He kicked her door.

But he didn't hit it at all.

"YAH!"

The voice startled him and with wide-eyed eyes, he looked at her.

"What the hell are you doing, EARLY IN THE MORNING, kicking me?!" Chaerin screamed, he noticed she was clutching her left leg.

"Does that hurt?" he asked absentmindly.

"OF COURSE IT HURTS! YOU KICKED IT, MORON!" she screamed again.

With a scoff and a roll of his pair of eyes, he went to the kitchen and sat down of one of the stools in the counter. Propping his elbows in the table, he heard a distant '','Moron' and 'Weirdo'. Each words were getting louder and he was sure she followed him there.

A sigh came out of his lips when he saw her starting getting to work.

Chaerin glared when she saw him smirk. He was waiting for her food after all, not her, and there she thought awhile ago that he cared for her.

She gulped when she hears him sigh and the thoughts of his mother came back again. Aish, she was supposed to tell him something and she doesn't even know how to start.

"You looked tense, Lee. Hard last night?" she hears him tease. But unknown to him, his teasings are on the last of her list today.

She ignores him. Instead, she opened the stove and shoved the pan above the fire.

"Your mother," she absentmindly said. Chaerin pursed her lips when she heard her own voice. , that was supposed to be on her mind.

Jiyong stiffened in his seat.

"Excuse me?" he said coldly, stood up and went exactly behind her. She felt his eyes on the back of her head.

"Lee," she heard his voice. It was the first time he heard that kind of voice. Cold and...dangerous. She immediately regretted for having such brain.

"What about my mother, Lee?" he spun her around and locked her in place. The position flew her back to when he was first dangerously close like this.

"I...Can you sit down then?" she managed to squeak, all the while avoiding his eyes. She watched as he grudgingly walked back to his place.

She turned the stove off, aware that it can cause fire. She turned to look at him and what he looked like surprised her. He looked calm.

"Insult my mom, I don't care." he said and smirked.

Her eyebrows met. He thinks she was going to insult his mom.

She hesitantly sat infront of him.

"Aren't you going to cook? You know, as much as I loathe you, I'm ing hungry and seeing that between the two of us, you're the cook." he says with an evil smile, but that didn't made her flinch like it always did. She saw the smile erased from his devilishly handsome face-

, did she really think he was devilishly handsome?

Sighing the thought away, she looked down on her lap, focusing on what she's about to say.

" the crap, Lee. What the is going on with your big head of nothing?" she heard him say through gritted teeth.

"Youngbae and Seunghyun-" she started.

"What about them?" he asks suspiciously. "Wait, you remember them?"

"Of course, but this isn't about them."

He replies nothing and crossed his arms.

"They...They told me that..."

"What?"

"Theytoldmetheyhaveatrackofyourmother." she breathlessly said. She wasn't sure if he understood it, hell, she didn't even understood herself, so she looked up to see him looking at her like she was a psycho or something.

"I'm sorry," that's when she flinched at his mocking words. "But I believe I'm too rich to understand your poor words."

She glares. "If you're so rich, why are you even here then?" she couldn't help but retort.

"Because everyone wants me, so I came to hide in the house of a mouse."

She scoffs and looked away from him. The thought of telling him about his mother was forgotten and she almost wish she can just back off now.

"Repeat."

She sighed. She had hoped again.

With a heavy heart, she says,"They told me that they have a track of your mother now." This time it was slower and normal so she was 100% sure that he heard it.

It was silent for a minute before she heard a faint mumble.

"Impossible." Just yesterday he finally accepted that his mother is now gone for good. A few evidences here and there from his memory and he stated in his head that his mother is dead.

She looked at him and he was staring at her, his face completely blank yet scary at the same time.

"How did you even spoke to the both of them?" he asks instead.

"They showed themselves to me." she answers with a low voice.

"I don't ing believe you, Lee."

"It's true! They told me-the both of them-that they know where your mother is."

"Bull. They won't go to you, especially in times like this!" he exclaimed.

"But they did."

"Bull. Bull. Bull and they don't even know I'm staying here." he throws his arms up and slapped them back in the table. "You don't ing joke like this with me, Lee."

"I'm not joking!" she shouted. "I don't even know that you're mother is lost, why would-"

"SHE'S NOT LOST! SHE'S PROBABLY DEAD! I HAVEN'T SEEN HER FOR YEARS AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOUNGBAE AND SEUNGHYUN CAME TO YOU? WHAT FOR?!"

"THEY WERE LOOKING FOR YOU!"

"! They won't go to a trash like you, Lee. Even if the world is-"

"BUT THEY DID!" she screamed. Why wouldn't  he believe her? "I don't know what really happened to your mother, Kwon, but I'm telling the truth."

"...When did they see you?" he questioned.

"Just...Just a few days ago." she answered. She notices his brows where meeting together and he was thinking rather deeply.

He stood up and went to his room without looking back at her.

Well, that went better that I imagined, although he still reacted badly.Chaerin sighed at her thoughts. His reaction suddenly made her want to know about him more.

She followed him in the hallway but he isn't there. She went inside the bathroom to take her daily shower, she was late in NPDA anyway.

No breakfast happened that morning.

~

It was 5 in the afternoon when she exited her car.

She was half frustrated by Hyun Suk himself, telling her that she has no more work to do in the office and all job she has right now is watch over the brat. , she doesn't even want to see him today. After what happened earlier in the morning? No. She wanted to give him some time alone, even if he was always alone.

But then, the other half that wasn't frustrated felt more...relieved. She wanted to rest anyway after such long time doing nothing in the office, forcing herself that she can find a job or task to do.

The familiar click clack of her heels echoed throughout the whole silent and lonely road.

She was crossing her streets when she heard the sound of another car being started. When she managed to cross the road and arrived at her gate without a problem, she looked at her neighbor.

The woman was inside the car, checking her phone and doesn't seem to notice Chaerin. But Chaerin notices her anyway.

It was Sandara Park, her neighbor for almost two years already. And among those two years, no one between them had shared a word.

Chaerin never talked to her, and the woman doesn't either.

Sandara had done nothing to her, but she felt irritated by the way the latter always makes herself beautiful. She was vain and Chaerin doesn't like vain. She likes clothes, a lot, but that doesn't mean she's as vain as her neighbor.

She was also irritated by the way Sandara looks at her through her abnormally beautiful eyes. She could feel that Sandara doesn't like her either.

Her neighbor looks up to start driving but catches Chaerin's eyes first. Sandara gave her a roll of eyes before driving away. Yep, they totally don't like each other.

She crossed her lawn and started punching her passcode when she hears an angry sound of a motorcycle. As she was done, she turned to look at the road but a loud sound and a bomb of pain made her scream before she even got a chance of looking at her attacker.

She collapsed on the floor, screaming in agony and for help. She clutched her leg and was positive that it was where the pain was coming from. An eye open and she saw her legs and hands bloody.

, she was shot.

She looked in front and saw a man with a white mask-his whole face covered-, coming for her. Panicking, she crawled back to her door and opened them. Thankfully, she managed to press the password before she got shot. She agitatedly crawled back inside, shut the door and backed up.

There was a loud pounding on the door but she was sure he won't come in. It was on password and there are only three people who can touch the doorknob.

Her pants was the only sound of the room and she wonders if her housemate had heard her screams. Clearly, not.

The pain in her legs is slowly starting to heat up and eat her soul out. It felt like a bomb was exploding in her right leg and it was being ripped to pieces.

She then felt that it was wet to where she was sitting. A look down and she knows what it is immediately. Red, sticky and thick. It was her blood.

, , she was going to die here.

She groaned and fell back to a soft floor. Odd, her floors were never soft.

But she doesn't have time to look at where she landed. Obviously, it was the last thing on the list because goddamn, she's dying.

She looked sideways to lessen the pain but that doesn't seem to do anything. Her eyes blurried from tears and all she sees is a ball of white and then darkness swallowed her in.

************************************************************************************************************************

Author's note:

*AHEM* HI! GUYS! HEHE :))) I feel so incredibly happy today and wow, I don't even know why.

Oh, well.

Anyway, here's a new chapter for you, my lovelies. Comment, subscribe and yeah, you know, ENJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY~!

Thank you for the people that commented and those who just  subscribe. It's swells my heart. *tears*

Love you guys:*

*runs*