Heartbeat

Playing with a Dragon's Heart

"Kwon Jiyong."

He pretended to hear nothing again. He was too busy searching for the extinct beat in his chest. His hearbeat was long gone. He'd always assume he was dead. That, maybe, he wasn't part of the human world anymore.The last time he heard the familiar pulse was when he was home; with his family. Before his life got poured by and then that was it.

He was just a little child who always thought that the world was covered by skies of rainbows. A little child who knows nothing about the darkness within the earth's core. He was born in a house of gold and ate money as a food. All of that until he reached 11 years of age.

"KWON. JIYONG."

" off, psycho."

Seung Hwan sighed through his nose. He was assigned to 'assist' Jiyong. He never knew that handling Korea's youngest murderer is this bad and who dares to call him a psycho? He's a police for goodness' sake.

As his patience melted unto the floor, he grabbed the younger one's collar and literally dragged him to the head chief's office. He knocked twice before hearing the words, "Come in." He opened the door slowly and pushed Jiyong inside the dimly lit room, with only a single bulb to light the place. He placed Jiyong in the available chair near the door and hurriedly went out of the interrogation room, not after bowing to his senior.

"What the actual ?"

"Words, Jiyong. Words." a deep voice echoed throughout the small room. Jiyong's eyes narrowed as he stared at the dark place across from him.

An old looking man emerged from the darkness. His face has wrinkles and it looked tired as hell. Under it were bags, one in each eye. His lips formed in a familiar smirk that Jiyong always wanted to erase. He really do look old but his eyes burned with strenght and and authorization. Jiyong raised a brow as he realized who the familiar face was.

"You?" Jiyong asked.

"Long time no see, my nephew."

". You too, huh? I thought we're buddies. Turns out you ended up being one of those dickhead cops" he spat as he leaned back in his chair, copying that annoying smirk of his uncle infront.  

"Dickheads, eh? Didn't you want to be one of those dickheads too?" he sat down, the smirk still lingering in his lips.

Yang Hyun Suk studied his long time gone nephew across him. His eyes widened at how troubled looking his relative was. His hair's blonde. His eye bags were full. His cheekbones were more sharp, as he was very very very thin. His lips are dry. He has a scar in his left eyebrow and his eyes were full of hate but his face still carries those handsome features that runs in their family.This isn't the meeting he always dream of. This was a nightmare as he treated Jiyong like his own son before. Yes, he heard all of what Jiyong did before. Stealing. He knew what Jiyong was capable of doing.

But murdering a person isn't one of those.

"That was when I thought it was a good thing and I only wanted it because of the guns." Jiyong replied with a scowl.

"It's still a good thing. You're the one who just gone bad and as for the guns, don't you have a treasure box full of them?"

Jiyong growled and kicked the table.

Intense stares were exchanged between them.

"So, Mr Kwon," He started to break the silence. "Why did you kill Mr Hwang?"

Jiyong's smirk grew wider as he crossed his arms in his chest and leaned down more on his chair. "I just felt like doing it."

Hyun Suk glared, this wasn't the answer he was expecting from his nephew. He assumed of denying but here Jiyong was, proud of what he've done.

"Have you ever killed before Mr Hwang?"

"No." Jiyong answered honestly, the memories of the night came back flooding his mind again.

"What?" Hyun Suk whispered.

"I got bored of stealing so I did a new thing." he answered confindently to hide the fear that was slowly creeping out on him. "And guess what, Uncle? It felt so ing fantastic and you know that feeling when you ? That's it."

It was silent for a while. Nothing was heard and it was suffocating Jiyong. He didn't like silence, it reminds him of the silence he heard when he was following Mr Hwang in the dark and isolated street of Seoul.

"YOU'RE A ING  MONSTER, KWON JIYONG. I EXPECTED HIGH OF YOU SINCE YOU WERE A KID , I HOPED AND HOPED THAT YOU'LL CHANGE FOR A BETTER GOOD AND THIS ALL I GOT? I TREATED YOU AS MY SON SO I ACCEPTED WHAT YOU WERE DOING ILLEGALLY BEFORE AND NOW YOU TAKE AN INNOCENT LIFE BECAUSE YOU WERE ING BORED?" Hyun Suk screamed, making Jiyong flinched in his seat.

"AND SO?! SO WHAT IF I'M A MONSTER? WHO THE CARES? WHO THE TOLD YOU TO ING EXPECT SOMETHING FROM ME. YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WAY BACK BEFORE, LUNATIC. YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOW THAT YOU'RE A ING IDIOTIC GIT TO ING EXPECT SOMETHING GOOD FROM SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO BE A ING MONSTER!" Jiyong screamed back as he stood.

A punch landed on Jiyong's face and he fell back on his bottom. Blood poured out from his mouth and tickled all the way down to his pale neck and stopped when it reached his deep collarbone.

Hyun Suk widened his eyes when he watched Jiyong glared at him through the ends of his blonde hair that covered his face. He couldn't believe he punched the boy he treated as a son.

"Ji..Jiyong.."he mumbled.

"Thanks for that, face. Want me to give you one too?" Jiyong spat as he stood up, using the legs of the table for support.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry, Jiyong-ah." Because despite of how cruel his nephew's words are, he felt the urge to apologize.

"SIR?! What's happening here?" a feminine voice entered the scene and both men looked at the panting woman on the door. Her eyes worriedly looked at her boss but then her orbs transfered to the other man, whose hair was blond and wet from sweat.

"Chaerin," Hyun Suk addressed his lawyer but the latter didn't gave a response but instead continued staring at Jiyong.

Something about the man's eyes felt familiar to her and it made her heartbeat increase as she continued her journey to the depth of his eyes.

Oblivious to his uncle and the woman he was having a staring contest with, he was feeling the same too.

"Chaerin," Hyun Suk broke the line of graze that connected the two young ones in the room. "This..This is Kwon Jiyong."

Chaerin abruptly turned her head to her chief. "K-Kwon Jiyong?" she whispered and studied the young man who was studying her too.

"Chaerin?" he whispered too and a line of memories entered their minds.

He was just 9 years old and she was 7.

His eyes tailed a young girl play tag with the rest of the children. Children who he considered scum. Trash of the world, his world. For they were poorer than a mice and were born in dirt.

He loathed them all especially that girl he's been watching for a long time.

He hated her because she was pretty and cute. He hated her because she was happy. He hated her because she has this smile that irritates him because it was beautfiul. He hated her because...he just simply hated her. Loathed her. Detest her.  And all of the words that was relative to hate.

He marched towards her despite of the calls of his friends.

Youngbae and Seunghyun looked at each other before following their friend, wondering why he just walked out like that.

"Hey, beggar-blood!" Jiyong called to the girl.

Chaerin gasped when she was pushed down in the mud beside the see-saw. When she lifted her face, she immediately looked down on her newly brought dress that her mother worked so hard for. Her face turned red with anger. She heard an evil laughed before she turned around to glare at the boy that pushed her. He was wearing that same smirk that was made especially for her and it angered her more.

"KWON! YOU DEVIL!" she screamed when she realized it was her enemy. She grabbed a handful of mud and threw it at his perfect face.

"MY FACE!" Jiyong shouted and his maid immediately went to him. He pretended to cry and point a finger to Chaerin. "She threw dirty mud at me because she thought I was the one who pushed her."

"You scum!" the maid shouted at Chaerin, who was confused because she didn't knew what scum was.

The maid then carried Jiyong to their limosine and quickly drove away, leaving Chaerin in a crying mess.

Youngbae looked at the girl with pity but Seunghyun slapped his back and they walked away together.

She was crying because her dress got dirtied. She was crying for her mother who sacrificed herself for a clothing that Chaerin wished for. She was crying because she was called something she didn't knew but she bet it was bad. She was crying because Jiyong was smirking at her. She was crying because she knows it will haunt her at night.

"Wow, Beggar-blood. We meet again." Jiyong said with the smirk he made for her. It surprised him that he still remembered the way he did after a decade.

"Unfortunately, devil-born." she replied cooly.

Maybe being here wasn't so bad after all, Jiyong thought.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

HAHAHAHA! I was gonna recommend a song for this chapter but it gor stucked on the tip of my tongue.

So anyway, I hope you like this!

Comment to inspire me, guys! Love ya:***

*runs away to fall*