Lost

Playing with a Dragon's Heart

Two men strode towards the deserted street. Night has fallen, making their shadows creepy when they walk past lamposts. Their guns held up as they walk, preparing for who knows. Upon realizing that they were indeed alone, they lowered their weapons. 

"He's really not here." the taller one started. He looked sharply again. His long black hair getting in his eye's way.

The other didn't listen. His eyes shifted from one thing to another, hoping that one of them was moving.

"Youngbae," the taller one addressed the other again. "We're wasting time. He's not here."

Youngbae glared at his hyung. "We're trying, Seunghyun hyung. We are trying."

"It's been two days since we last saw him. Are you-"

"Exactly, hyung! JUST two days!" Youngbae argued.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and leaned on the wall. "How do we know that he's not captured?"

Youngbae sighed and punched the body of the lampost, making the thing shake. "He can't be, hyung."

Seunghyun lit a cigar and tossed one to Youngbae who catched it with ease.

Silence took over their conversation as they think hard of where their friend can be.

They were there when Jiyong killed Hwang Lee Jun on this very street. They watched as Jiyong shivered in fear as he pointed the revolver to the aging man. They were there when Jiyong ran when the cops came and that's when they seperated ways. After confirming that the crime scene was deserted, they immediately went back to the place to look for their troubled friend.

But he wasn't.

They kept coming back since two days ago with no luck.

They had lost Jiyong.

"Where do you think is he?" Youngbae finally asked, giving up on brainstorming about the whereabouts of Jiyong.

"I don't have a ing clue." Seunghyun puffed, smoke came out from his mouth and nose.

"Me either."

"That ing Jiyong. Imma kill him if we find him."

It was Youngbae's turn to roll his eyes. He looked up in the pitch black sky, his mohawk hair flattening agaisnt the cold stone wall. Where will Jiyong run in times like this? Youngbae was sure that Jiyong will avoid his family. Back to their school where they have a hide out? No. That was like a hundred miles away from here and besides, the teachers have found out about their little secret just yesterday when they came back and the old ones made them burn the tree hide out that the three friends had built since highschool. Youngbae was also positive that Jiyong won't run to one of his ex-girlfriends. Jiyong swore that he won't crawl back to his ex-es. Now, where, where, where?

Youngbae straightened out his posture.

"Let's go see this place." he said to his hyung who looked at him with a raised brow.

"Where?"

Youngbae only threw his cigar away and stomped on it, Seunghyun copied soon.

"Come on."

~

Chaerin sighed as she put the fresh flowers on top of the crashed building.

She had known last night that Taemin and Minho, two fellow cops, had died when the structure was in flames. She was close to the two as both of them had joined her in other cases.

"At least the two of you had gone to heaven. Say hi to my mom, for me." she whispered to the air.

The sky was already light purple with a hint of orange, a sign that it was nearly 6 in the morning. The familiar croo of the chickens joined her silent breath in terms of sounds. Apparantly, she was alone and she likes it. She had not mourn like this since her mother's unproper funeral, mainly because her mother's body was never found. Lost and strayed.

She sighed once more before standing up and dusting her fitted khaki skirt. She also adjustted her blazer and then wiped her tears. It felt relieving to cry like that again. Some of the weight on her shoulders had gone with the tears she cried.

She has no shoulder to cry again. Seungri and Daesung had gone back to their mission after ensuring her safety. They even gave her another gun but this time it was for her car.

She began walking back to her car, the click clack of her heels was loud enough to send birds to fly away from her.

She gasped when she was pushed harshly to her car, her back facing whoever was holding her.

"Don't you dare ing fight back." a deep voice echoed in her ears, making her believe that she was only dreaming. But the hot air she felt when the voice spoke again proved her wrong. She struggled and kicked backwards but it was caught immediately and she felt a rope tie her ankles together.

So whoever this is isn't alone, she thought. The rough hands she felt on her wrist tightened the hold on her until she was turned around brutally, her back slamming on the car.

Her vision showed a tall man, black hair with long bangs covering his glaring eyes. Eyes that were scarily familiar to her.

"Lee," the man barely nodded as he addressed the woman. He has a scar on his left eyebrow, Chaerin noted. Another man with a mohawk hair style came up to her sight. They were side by side now. She noticed that the mohawk guy was shorter than the man holding her, he was only on the shoulder level on the latter.

The smirks on their faces gave her info about who they were.

"Seunghyun, Youngbae" she managed to gasped their names.

~

Chaerin caught the stare of the two unwanted visitors in her office. She had bought them to her personal office in the NPDA building. Although she only accepts appointments and scheduled meetings, she had agreed to talk to her childhood bullies.

Seunghyun couldn't believe he had literally begged Chaerin to talk privately. Youngbae, on the other hand, couldn't believe this was her. The girl they had stepped on before grew up to be the woman they would run to.

"So, what do you want?" she asked straight forwardly.

"Do you know where Jiyong is?" Seunghyun asked immediately.

Chaerin took a deep breath. "Jiyong?" she asked, pretending to be oblivious about the man they were searching for.

"Don't tell us you ing forgot Kwon Jiyong, Lee." Youngbae answered.

"Alright, I know him. But that doesn't mean I know where he is." she answered coldly.

Seunghyun and Youngbae grew silent as they took in her appearance. She was professional now. They suddenly felt low.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Chaerin turned to look at them again when silence devoured the room. "Is that all?"

"You do know what he did, don't you?" Youngbae asked.

"He killed an innocent person." she spat.

"He di-"

"He's bad and cruel and just plainly evil. Just like the two of you, right?"

Seunghyun patted Youngbae's shoulder and nodded. They understood that the woman is simply no use to them. Their hope vanished when they saw Chaerin's glare once again.

In which the two of them returned.

"Well, thank you very much for nothing, Lee ing Chaerin. I hope you enjoy your nonusefulness" Seunghyun spat and he got out of the office even before Chaerin can retort.

Youngbae stood up as well.

"If you saw him, tell him that we have a track of his mother now." and with that the second man left the office with Chaerin who was confused.

"Kwon's mother is lost?" she whispered the question. She remembered when she and Kwon had met again and they fought almost immediately. She remembered that she included her mother in her insult and she felt really bad. That explains how he reacted towards her.

She needed to say an apology.

~

She closed the door quietly, afraid of the noise that is can make. She was traumatized when she made a noise and then he reacted like that. Scary Jiyong is horror.

All of the lights were off so her house was drowned with pitch black. She didn't bother opening the lights and when straight to the kitchen to grab a water.

She was debating in her mind if she would tell Jiyong about Youngbae said or not. Not telling Jiyong will be just evil of her to keep the information to herself. She literally cried when she imagined of what Jiyong was going through. She should't be doing this(considering that Jiyong is her sworn enemy) but the thought of someone not having their mothers is just killing her. She didn't want anyone else to feel what she felt when her mother died, even though she can't stop death.

She drank the glass of cold water, oblivious to the eyes that was watching her from the couch.

His dark chocolate eyes followed her movements, a glare was sent.

He rolled his eyes and snapped the light switch open, making the woman of the room jumped in surprise.

She dropped the glass she was holding and it shattered on the marble floor of the kitchen.

"You're such a clumsy stupid girl, Lee. That's the second glass you've broke, by the way." Jiyong commented as he bumped his shoulders to hers when he passed by to get a water.

Chaerin scoffed. Her symphathy towards the young man had gone and hatred returned.

"You don't care, Kwon."

"OF COURSE, I don't care about beggar blooded humans. They're just pure disgusting and vomit worthy. Oh, you're one of them, aren't you? Let your mother join as well."

Chaerin didn't know how the gun in her hand came in her sight. She was holding the weapon in her hands, wrapped around the thing perfectly and it was ponted directly to his chest. She had tolerated his insults towards her but he was, once again, crossing the line. He insulted her mother again. The fact that he was insulting a dead person and her mother was too much for her.

Jiyong's eyes widen as she caressed the trigger. One shot and he was dead. Out of this world, literally speaking. Their stare grew more intense as time passes by and Jiyong started counting down to the end of his life.

He smirked when she brought the gun down and muttered a sorry. Chaerin caught herself and tried pulling her dark side back.

Killing Jiyong isn't a right choice.

"You're a monster, Kwon Jiyong and I ing pity you." she said instead.

"I don't ing care of what you think of me." he replied.

Chaerin only smiled. "When I first saw you again, I really thought we can start all over again. I..I honestly thought we'd got over our childhood hate and be friends like we only met." she said faintly.

Jiyong managed to scoffed. "You're that ing crazy?"

"I don't care of what you think of me." she echoed his words.

"You're seriously a psycho, Lee Chaerin." he said as his final words and left for his room.

He slammed the door and grabbed his blonde hair.

He looked at the back of the door and saw his own handwriting. 2 days.He started drawing sticks yesterday when she was at work as he was determined to maintain a concious number of his stay at his enemy's house.

2 ing days and she's already managed to get to his nerves again.

He had already forgotten about her when he hit 11 years of age and then she came back flying to his life again. ruining everything he had planned in this pathetic excuse of a life. 

He was tempted to grabbed the gun from her awhile ago but he thought of how he would get out of this prison. If he killed her, how will he be free from this ?

You're uncle, stupid. He'll come here and find Lee's corpse and then you escape, idiot.

Ahh, . How come he never thought of that?