Chapter 15 - Song Qian

Ever After

CHO KYUHYUN'S POV

It's Okinawa Day 2 and everyone's up early. Taemin signed us up for a snorkeling tour and everyone was excited.

"I'm just afraid to see sharks." Amber said.

"That's as irrational as it can get, honey." Donghae said. "There are no sharks here in Okinawa. Right, Taemin?"

"There are sharks in Okinawa." Taemin said.

"Yah. Taemin!" Donghae exclaimed.

"What? It's true. But don't worry, guys. It's safe. The last shark sighting they had in Okinawa was last year. And the last shark related death was way back in 2003. So calm down, okay?" Taemin said.

"I doubt we're that unlucky to have a shark encounter." Nichkhun pointed out.

"And I think local officials are very alert in those scenarios." Minho said.

"Fine. I'm convinced." Amber sighed. 

A sudden ring all caught our attention. 

"It's mine." Qian said as she rummaged through her small bag.

"Let me guess, work?" I said, snarkily.

"No. It's my mom." She said then turned her back to us.

"Her mom? Aren't Qian's parents in China?" Heechul asked. 

Sulli nodded. "Yeah. But they call her from time to time."

"Does Qian still go to China?" I asked.

"Yup. After college graduation and before Law school she stayed there for about a year." Sulli said.

"But I thought you guys were classmates in Law school?" Minho said.

"Qian took a gap year and spent it in China. When she entered law school she took extra classes and her course loads were always doubled. She caught up to my batch and grauated with us with flying colors. Qian finished law school in three years and passed the bar exam after just one take." Sulli said.

"Daebak." Donghae said.

"That's why she was never around when we hung out before. I was beginning to wonder if she did it on purpose since you were also attending Law school and yet you're always around. Didn't realize she was really busy." I said.

"Yeah, and on top of all that, she'd fly to China if she has freetime, even if it's only for a day. So, she doesn't really have time to dilly dally." Sulli said.

"What does she do in China? Well, aside from visiting her parents ofcourse." Nichkhun asked.

"Qian's dad was building this mall in Shiandong. It's actually a guiness book title holder as the biggest shopping center in China. Qian said she was helping out with their company." Sulli explained.

"Qian's as loaded as you are Taemin!" Minho laughed.

"Qian wants nothing to do with their company." I said, absent-mindedly.

"How'd you know that?" Heechul said.

"She told me..before." I said.

Our gossiping was cut off by Qian walking back towards us.

"Hao de, Mama." (Yes, mom.) Qian said as we all stared at her while she speaks in Chinese.

"Ye gaosu baba." (Tell dad too.) She said, followed by consecutive nods.

"Shì de. Dàgài xià gè yuè." (Yeah, probably next month.) By this time all of us were eavesdropping.

"Wǒ yào zǒule. Zàijiàn māmā." (I gotta go. Bye mom.) Qian said then placed her phone back inside her bag.

"You sound really cool, Vic!" Taemin said, giving her two thumbs up.

"And you guys were obviously listening in on my conversation with my mom." She raised her eyebrows at us.

"Yeah, well only the last part." Amber laughed.

"Anyway! Is everyone ready? We should go." Nichkhun said.

We all nodded and proceeded to walk towards the beach through the backyard. The boat we were going to ride on along with the local tourist guides were parked at the beachfront near the house.

I noticed Qian was wearing a shirt and jean shorts.

"Isn't that going to be heavy when it gets wet?" I asked, pointing out her choice of clothing.

"It's fine." She said, brushing me off.

"If you say so." I shrugged at her and continued to walk.

The boat Taemin rented for snorkeling was quite big. Originally, we were supposed to use Taemin's yacht but it's currently undergoing repairs to we had to use a different one, but this boat doesn't slack off in the luxury department either.

"Nice boat." Donghae said to one of the tourist guides, giving them two thumbs up.

The boat started moving and excited squeals were heard from the girls. 

"I can't wait to jump into the water!" Sulli exclaimed.

"We just swam yesterday." Qian laughed.

"Yeah, but this is different. Deep waters is much more fun." Sulli said.

"Chances of sharks are higher." Amber said, looking a little nervouse.

"No sharks this time of year." The tour guide said upon hearing Amber. 

"Told you so, Hun." Donghae smirked at her. Amber looked a litte relieved than she was a few seconds ago.

"Our first stop is Kume Islands. This is divided into “Hatenohama”, “Menuhama” and “Nakanohama” that most tours are taken to. You can enjoy beautiful corals and colorful tropical fish like Anemone fish swimming in front of you." The tour guide said. 

Everyone started putting on their gears. The girls took off their outer shirts and shorts and was wearing swimsuits underneath.

"Would you look at that." Heechul said, then whistled. He was eyeing Sulli who was in a yellow swimsuit. 

(A/N: pictures below are obviously not Victoria, Amber and Sulli but again for the sake of the story let us all pretend)

"ert." Sulli said, but she was obviously flattered by the wolf whistle let out by Heechul.

"My wife wouldn't lose to Sulli. Right, Amber?" Donghae cheered her on as Amber took of her shirt as well, revealing a rashguard.

"You still look hella y even when you're all covered up." Donghae said, giving him a wink. Amber smacked him in the head, making us all laugh.

"Hey! What's that for?" Donghae complained.

"You're making me feel embarassed!" Amber exclaimed then walked away to where Qian and Sulli were seating.

"Make you feel really bad about being single, no?" Minho said to us. 

"I'm not single." Taemin said as he took a swig of his beer.

"What??" We all said in unison.

"That's insulting guys." Taemin pouted. "But yeah, I'm not single. I have a fiancee."

"Why are we learning about this just now??" Nichkhun exclaimed.

"Well, the topic never really got talked about." Taemin shrugged.

"With who??" The girls demanded in unison.

"She's a japanese actress. I don't know if you know her." Taemin said. "It's all very quiet."

"Yah. Lee Taemin!" I exclaimed. "Who would've thought?"

"You guys, that's really insulting." Taemin laughed. "I am a man in my late 20s too you know. I need to find a good wife and settle down or it will be too late." 

"Hey! What does that make of us?" I said.

"You're single, Kyuhyun?" Nichkhun asked.

"Yeah." I said. My eyes involuntarily turned to Qian but she looked like she couldn't care less.

"I thought you were dating someone." Minho said.

"Yeah, the last time we hung out you said you were dating a model." Heechul said.

"What was her name again?" Taemin was in deep thought.

"No I was--" Heechul had cut me off.

"Sohee!" He shouted.

"Right! That's the name!" Taemin exclaimed.

"We just went on a couple of dates." I said, making an excuse. My eyes were still averting to Qian.

"Didn't you say that she was a model for one of your mall branches?" Minho said.

"How come I don't know about any of this?" Donghae pouted.

"You were in America, ." Heechul said, flicking Donghae's forehead.

"Oh right." Donghae said.

"Guys, seriously that was nothing. It lasted for like a week." I said to them, a little wary of whatever reaction Qian might have. 

I looked over at Qian and she seemed like the topic bore her to death. 

"Hey! Are we not going to swim yet?" Sulli asked, looking very impatient.

"Qian, are you not going to take your clothes off?" Amber asked.

"That sounded a little erted." Donghae laughed, earning a loud smack from Amber.

"Ouch! Hey this is domestic violence you know?" Donghae said. Amber gave him a glare. "Hehe kidding yeobo." He said as he planted a kiss on her cheek.

Qian was laughing at them as she took of her shirt. I couldn't help but stare at the slight appearance of her skin. 

Qian slowly took off her shirt, revealing a navy blue bikini top underneath. Qian looked ier than she did before, if that's even possible.

I guess she still does dancing...

My eyes trailed down from her face to her chest, all the way down to her flat stomach. My eyes stopped at her navel as I saw her pull down her jean shorts to reveal a navy blue bikini bottom that matches her top. I can feel something awaken inside me.

...not now 

I thought to myself as I looked at my most important part.

"You okay there, Kyuhyun?" Sulli asked. I looked up and saw that everyone was now staring at me.

"Uh...yeah." I stuttered.

"You look constipated." Donghae pointed out.

"I'm okay, really." I said, letting out a nervous laugh. 

I adjusted my self after everyone shifted their gazes to something else. Suddenly I heard a small snicker behind my back.

"Saw that." Heechul stuck his tongue out at me then laughed as he made his way to help Sulli with her snorkeling gear.

I groaned inwardly. Ugh Song Qian, the death of me.