Chapter 11 - The Fallout

Ever After

The rest of the night was filled with nothing but memories from 6 years ago. I was at lost for what to feel. I'm definitely happy at the thought of reminscing every single memory we had in our college years, but the fact that Cho Kyuhyun is part of all those sends me into a wave of sadness as well. 

"Well, that was exhausting." I said as I entered the hotel room I shared with Sulli. Amber was also with us, deciding to stay with us a little longer before meeting up with the others.

The party ended at 2 am and we all said our goodbyes temporarily since we'll be meeting up at 3 am so we could all go to the Airport together. Our flight to Okinawa was at 7 am, but we need atleast 2 hours of driving to reach the airport  and atleast 2 more hours before the flight for checking in and other stuff.

"I know right?" Amber said as she took off her high heels and plopped down on the sofa. 

"It was better than I imagined though." Sulli said.

"What do you mean?" Amber and I asked in unison.

"Well, I thought it was going to be awkward the whole night because of you and Kyuhyun but everything went better than expected." Sulli explained.

"I told you, everything's fine now." I said. 

"Yea right. Don't think we don't know why you went to the bathroom by yourself." Amber raised her eyebrows at me. 

"Yah. I told you, I needed to fix my makeup and take a leak!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah. Keep saying that to yourself." Sulli chuckled.

"Chakaman. I have a question." Amber interjected.

"What?" I asked.

"No one really knew what happened between the two of you. We just learned a few days before graduation, you said to Sulli and me that Kyuhyun and you broke up. You never went into details and neither did Kyuhyun when he told Donghae and the other boys."

My mind suddenly drifted to June 03, 2016...

 

Qian, can we talk?

It was a message from Kyuhyun. My heart started beating really fast even though I had no idea as to why, but I still quickly typed in my reply.

Okay.

I met up with Kyuhyun at a park near our condominium.

"So what do you want to  talk about?" I asked as he sat beside me. 

"There's only 3 more days left before we graudate." He sighed.

"That's true. I'm going to miss this place." I said as I took in my surroundings. 

For the past 4 years, Korea had been my home. Only going back to China for a few days during holidays. They say, home is where the heart is, and during my 1st year, ever since I realized how much I love Kyuhyun, I had realize that Korea is now my home. I looked over at Kyuhyun lovingly but I could see the sadness in his eyes, and for some reason it bothered me.

"Is there any problem, babe?" I asked. 

"Qian.." He trailed.

Kyuhyun rarely calls me by my name. It's either, babe or jagiya. He only uses Qian when he's about to say something really serious. And a serious Kyuyhyun rarely happens.

"What?" I asked, feeling my voice quiver.

"I'm sorry, but I'm breaking up with you."

His words ringed inside my head.

"Mw..mwo?" I asked. My voice was shaking. I was so confused by what he said.

"I'm sorry. It's over. We're over." He said.

"But...but why? We're okay, aren't we? Did...did I do something? Was there anything that I did that you didn't like?" Tears streaked down my cheeks and I couldn't feel a large lump in my throat as I said the words.

Kyuhyun stayed quiet and was looking straight ahead. I couldn't read any expression on his face.

"Kyu-ah. Naega mwol hangeoji? (What did I do?)  Malhae. (Tell me)" I pleaded.

"You did nothing. This is all on me." He said.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" I asked. He kept quiet.

"Do you have someone else? You don't love me anymore?" I cried.

"Don't be like that. I'm also in pain." He said as he buried his face in his hands.

"Tell me. Why are you doing this?" I repeated. 

"Qian. I just want the two of us to end in peace. I don't want to fight with you." He said softly.

"No. I don't care what you say. Just tell me the truth. Why?" I pressed on.

"Qian.." He trailed.

"MALHAE! (TELL ME!)" I jolted up. I couldn't contain all the anger, confusion and pain that were surging in me all at the same time. 

Kyuhyun also stood up and stood closer to my face.

"Arasseo. You wanna know the reason why? Fine." He said, as I braced myself for what's to come.

"I can't do this anymore. I'm giving us up because I can't be with you anymore. I'm no longer happy, Qian." 

"You can't do this anymore? You're no longer happy? Why? Do you not love me anymore?" I quivered as I talked.

"You're right. I don't love you anymore." He said then turned around to leave me speechless.

I watched Kyuhyun's back as he walked away from me, from us, from everything.

I felt the stream of tears fall down my cheeks as I staggered back to my condominium.

"Qian! I was wondering where you....were." Amber trailed as she saw the state I was in.

"Omo! What happened to you?" She rushed to me as Sulli peered from her room.

"Qian!" She exclaimed as she ran to me. 

I staggered forward but tripped and managed to fall on my knees. I was at loss of what was happening.

"What happened?" Amber asked as she and Sulli helped me up.

"Kyu-ah...he.." I stuttered.

"Eh? What did Kyuhyun do?" Sulli asked.

"He broke up with me." I whispered. The reality of it sinking as the words escaped my mouth.

"MWO?" They both exclaimed.

"Qian, it might be just one of those times he would break up with you but would rekindle it the next day. Just like how you were with him if you were upset. It's going to be okay." Sulli said.

"Aniyo. He said he doesn't love me anymore." I felt a stabbing pain in my chest as I repeated Kyuhyun's words.

"Oh Qian." Amber said as she and Sulli engulfed me into a hug.

"I don't know what I did. I don't know. I don't know." I repeated in hysterics as my tears continously fell.

 

"Qian?" I came back to my senses as Sulli called my name.

"Huh?" 

"Are you okay? You're staring into space." Amber pointed out.

"Oh it's nothing. I just remembered something." I said. 

"So, about what I asked...?" Amber trailed.

"Ah. That was really it. What I told you before graduation." I said.

"Jinja?" Sulli asked. I nodded.

"I actually thought you guys fixed it after a few days because during graduation you agreed to take the group photo, even though Kyuhyun was there." Amber said.

"Well, I didn't want to spoil our graduation." I smiled.

"Ah! Gaja. Let's finish packing, it's almost 3 and we're still not halfway done." I chuckled.

"What about your stuff, Amber?" Sulli asked.

"I've fixed them beforehand. Donghae is bringing them over to our meeting place." Amber said.

"Okay then. Let's finish up!" I exclaimed.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the long wait!! Here is Chapter 11, enjoy! Comment and Subscribe! ^^

 

- W