Crossing the line.

The Engagement

A few days had past and it felt like it was the beginning of a new start. 

Taemin and I had transformed my apartment into something completely different, it had a winterly feel about it that made it look so homely. Fairy lights were dangling from the corners of the cupboards, fluffy carpets were put under the chairs and sofa, softer, more warmer colours were painted on the walls and using my artistic skills, I tried to add my own personality, by drawing silhouettes of trees with gold paint against the deep maroony background. It looked like a home. Taemin and I had become closer than we ever were, and he also helped me to look for jobs in the teaching business. "I know people", he said then clicked his tongue and winked at me playfully, even though it had been less than a week I felt so comfortable with Taemin that I could just walk around the house with pyjama shorts and my hair in a complete bundle and I couldn't care less. It was such a nice feeling. I looked out the window and admired the view, did I mention Taemin had been sleeping in my house quite a lot, he would fall asleep on the couch after work, I had no idea why. However, this happiness just turned awkward, 

"Can I move in with you ?", He had suggested abruptly that night. I didn't know how to reply I mean, I feel comfortable with him, but that doesn't change the fact that it feels like he went over the 'were just friends' line. I was confused and didn't really know what to reply, isn't that what couple do ? I had thought to myself. 

"Take that as a no then,", Then atmosphere had become so awkward, 

"I'm gonna go.", He smiled, but I couldn't just let him go,

"I have a spare room I mean you might as well.", I smiled back then a twinkle had sparked in his eyes, ... as if I told him I loved him. I just realised what I had done but I couldn't take it back, he looks so happy. Then he suddenly hugged me, after a few seconds later he grabbed my shoulders firmly, 

"We should throw a party, then I'll get my things from my apartment the next day,", His eyes suddenly fired up with determination. I sighed, 

"Sure.", at my reply he continued hugging me, I felt my hairs stand up as his hands had moved to my waist ... and that was it. He then let go and went into the spare room. I was glad Taemin was here and his friendship is important to me, but I don't want him to feel betrayed by my feelings, if he does have feelings for me that is. I just hope he doesn't, I bit my lip as I though hard enough to give me a headache. 

------The next day ~ 

I had woken up and to my surprise it had been quite late, but without a job what exactly do I wake up for. I had opened my bedroom door to see Taemin, laying breakfast on the table as well as decorations that were hanging from the ceiling. Taemin grabbed my hand and tucked my seat in as I sat in it slowly.

"Morning!", He said enthusiastically while pouring me orange juice, I was half asleep and completely confused yet pleasant, I had scanned the room to see everything was tidy and polished that it was possible for it to shine like they show in cleaning adverts. I felt so pampered, 

"Go on, eat. I invited the people that we had talked about yesterday.", He said, okay, remember how I said how he passed the 'were just friends' line, well he didn't really pass it, it felt like he had become my assistant rather than passing into any 'lovers' zone. Now I'm not saying that i don't totally enjoy this, but it just felt weird, over night he had gone to a friend to a secretary. 

"Thank you, but I could've just done it.", I suggested while cutting in to my pancakes with assorted fruits layered inside the stack as well as in the batter. I eyed it carefully and fell in love with it after a few bites. 

" Oh no don't worry. We could go shopping after this to get you a new dress and do you hair and nails, all that stuff.", 

"Wait, what. What's wrong with it now ?", I looked at my hair, and sniffed it. It smelt normal, then looked at my nails, and thought that too was normal, 

"Dude, C'mon.", He raised a eyebrow at me while chuckling, 

----- Later that day~ 

I had tried on various dresses from different shops but Taemin didn't like most of them and the ones he liked weren't my taste. Taemin had been critical and acted different today, it was as if he was hiding something but I never really bothered to find the answer as my feet were aching from the non stop walking, I never knew he was so picky or should i say his attention to detail was pretty amazing (Yes that was sarcasm) . After trying dresses to dresses, we had found one. It was elegant looking, It hung on my shoulders across the back of my neck, it came down towards my chest but left a line between my s to show some  'skin', but then it was backless showing more skin that I would've been comfortable with. It came tight just under my s (well that's awkward) a gold like embellishment came across, from there it came straight down but the lacey material on top and under the dress made it feel warmer and thicker then at first glance. Taemin had circled me like a vulture and i just stood there awkwardly. 

"You look beautiful.", He had faced me then smiled, I smiled and didn't say anything about how uncomfortable I felt. I guess I got my self esteem, or I just couldn't say no to him. After Taemin had paid for the dress, he had forced me into going into a salon and I think you knew my answer to that. 

----- That evening ~ 

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you!", Taemin had greeted people as they came in while I gave them fancy glasses full of a cocktail of some sort. Taemin had made everything look so fancy, I felt out of place. 

"SEO HEE!", I heard a familiar scream, followed by the scream I had received a hug that made me nearly spill the drink in my hand, 

"Woah. Sorry there!", She replied, as she took the two glasses out of my hands and put one on the table while drinking from the other. 

"Mi Hee! What are you doing here ?", I said holding my urge to scream and jump. 

"Well, you think Taemin wouldn't invite me ?", She scoffed while I chuckled at her. She admired the apartment, 

"Me and Taemin had re-done it, I mean it isn't a house but it's a start. It's definitely a new start.", She nodded in agreement, then she came closer to me as if to whisper something, 

"So you guys really are a pair then aren't you.", She chugged down the remainder of her drink after nudging me quite forcefully in the arm. 

"W-what ? Were not a couple.", I chuckled, then smacked her arm. She looked at me in lack of amusement almost shocked, 

"But that's what Taemin said.", She pointed to him, I turned to see him with a cheerful smile on his face. He did miss understand me, I sighed. I lifted my dress and walked over to him, 

"You look hot!", I heard her, I waved back implying 'thanks'. I had reached Taemin, I pulled on his casual blazer and took him to a corner to speak to him privately. As I was talking, my gaze had been drawn back to the door, and I saw him again with her. 

"Oh Luhan! Natalie!", Taemin had waved. Then I looked at Taemin, then back at Luhan. My heart had suddenly felt heavy as if weights had been holding it down. I didn't know how to react, but i could tell you that It didn't feel good. They had approached us hand in hand. Luhan was smiling at Natalie after she whispered in his ear playfully. 

"Here.", Natalie had handed me a box while Luhan had handed Taemin a gift of some sort. I could see my hands were slightly trembling, maybe I was overreacting I though to myself. I thanked her while looking at the small box, I opened it. It was invitation to a wedding. I wanted to scrunch it up and shove it down Natalie's throat, then I saw a necklace that had a oval pendant on it, it was emerald colour but had specks of other colours at different angles. It was a simple gift, didn't really signify anything besides my favourite colour green. 

"It's your favourite colour right ?", I looked up to see Natalie smiling while latching onto Luhan's arm. Luhan didn't really look me in the eye, then Taemin had put his hand against my waist. My emotions had suddenly burst and in the spur of the moment.  I took Taemin by the arm into my room before anyone could see my tears falling. My hands leaned against the door but my body faced Taemin, I took deep breaths in my trying to calm down and talk properly, 

"Did you invite them ?", I asked calmly while my gaze remained down. 

"I-Y-I", He stuttered, 

"Did you invite them!", My rage had gotten the best of me and shouted at Taemin. He didn't flinch but just stood there.

"Why.", I asked, he didn't reply. 

"How could you ? Not to mention the fact that you're telling everyone we're a item when were no such thing.", He looked at me heartbroken, I sat on the bed trying to calm down once again. 

"Luhan. I lo.", 

"Don't say it.", He had finally spoken, he then sat next to me and both of his hands cupped my face and he looked at me. 

"Don't say it. Please.", He had begged, 

"I love you.", He continued, I was so angry that his attempt of affection was a fail. 

"I love you, ever since I met you on that place. I have loved you and I still do as if I had met you that day.", He put his forehead against mine. 

"I made this party an excuse to invite them and show them how well you're doing without him. How much you don't need him, and that you don't love him anymore. I though that's what you were saying when you said yes to me moving in with you.", Taemin's intentions may have been good, but I love Luhan, and the fact that I can't be with him is soul destroying and heartbreaking. The past two years I came back to be with him, and just when I was about to have him. I lose him again. I wasn't ready to see him, or maybe I was afraid to see him because I love him, 

"You can't be with him. You can't keep hiding from him.", He said while our foreheads where still against each other. His thumbs had wiped the tears from my face like he did when we had become friends again. 

"Please, just love me.", He sighed and I could hear a quiet breaking of his voice. 

"This party is over.", I got up quickly but Taemin grabbed my arm and pulled me against his chest, 

"Please go back to you apartment.", I said while breaking free and leaving the room. I had quickly went to the front door and clanked a empty glass to get the attention of the people in the room. 

"Urm, Hi.", I smiled and chuckled to not make a bigger scene. 

"I'm sorry but the party is over. If I could ask you all to leave but feel free to take the food.", I said, they looked at me strangely, 

"Come on, lets go~", I opened the door gesturing them to leave. The party hardly began and I was already asking them to leave, I felt embarrassed, but it would probably be best if they left. Then again, I wasn't exactly thinking straight. Then had began to leave quite slowly while i gave them some random pieces of nibbles and food to take with them, then finally Natalie and Luhan had left.

"Make sure you come to the dress rehearsal and the engagement party!", I heard her voice as she left with Luhan, and he said nothing. After they had left quite confused, I sat on the sofa with my hands on my face, 

"You could've just acted until the end, now they now something's going on.", I heard Taemin murmur, 

"If you hadn't of invited Natalie or Luhan then this wouldn't of happened in the first place and we wouldn't be arguing right now, would we ?", I tried to keep my tone more sarcastic. 

"I didn't m.", 

"Go.", I interrupted, 

"Please.", He had got the message and left quietly. 

----------_--------------------------_--------------------_----------------------------_------------------------------------_

HOPE YOU LIKED GUYS!! 

XOXO 

-Haffi