Ritual (Part 1)

My Baby's Surrogate

 

There was a knock on the door that made Kyuhyun stir in his sleep, rolling on his side and curling up into a ball. He knew exactly who it was but he was so sleepy and he couldn't open his eyes.

Another knock got him sighing as he muttered a faint ‘Come in’ followed by a click from the door and a strong smell immediately spreading inside the room, making Kyuhyun suddenly awake.

“Still sleepy?” The older asked, earning him a whiny noise from the surrogate who lazily sat up and glanced at him between his half lidded eyes.

“What do you think?” He sarcastically asked back, earning a sigh from the older who was used to this act by now.

“I have to go to work early today” Siwon announced, immediately catching Kyuhyun’s attention as the latter’s eyes fluttered open, shifting his gaze to the clock on his bed side table that indicated the time as only 6am.

“It’s still early!” The boy exclaimed before collapsing his body back on the bed, closing his eyes as he got ready to go back to dreamland.

“Okay then. Make sure to do your business in the toilet and not in the living room like last time”

Those words made Kyuhyun snap his eyes open again in shock. He sat up, glaring at Siwon who was giving him the poker face before he turned to leave the room.

Kyuhyun had now two options. Going back to sleep and risking having a severe nausea which always resulted to vomiting in an unexpected places around the house, and to which brought his mood down to the lowest parts, or he could give up his precious sleep and wake up this early in the morning so that Siwon could help him with the usual ritual.

 

Let’s go back to five weeks ago and see how all of that had started…

 

The moving in was going smoothly. Kyuhyun was pampered to the max with food and all the luxury that Siwon’s house could bring. He still went to work in the first couple of weeks of his pregnancy. He knew that Siwon wanted him to quit but the latter never mentioned the subject again, afraid to say something stupid and hurt Kyuhyun again.

By the end of the second week of his pregnancy, Kyuhyun decided to stop by Sapphire Hope and have a little chat with his hyung.

...

“Look who we have here! I thought you forgot about your favorite hyung!”

Heechul stated once he saw Kyuhyun stepping inside his office. The last time they met was when Kyuhyun told him the happy news, and ever since, he got busy with his work and he didn’t have time to visit him since he had to drop by his apartment after work.

“Sorry Chullie hyung. I’ve been busy” Kyuhyun apologized, guiltily biting on his lower lip while avoiding the older’s look.

“Come here!”

Heechul of course couldn't be mad at his dongsaeng, so he stepped out from behind his desk and walked to the younger as he engulfed him in a tight hug.

“I missed you, you know”

“I missed you too, hyung”

When they pulled away, Heechul dragged Kyuhyun to sit on the couch, immediately showering him with questions.

“So? How’s Siwon treating you? Is he being good to you? Do you like living with him? How’s the pregnancy?”

Kyuhyun could only chuckle at the flood of questions thrown at him, so he put his finger on Heechul’s lips to shut him up.

“Hyung! Why the rush?”

Heechul shrugged off the finger on his mouth before motioning with his hand for Kyuhyun to start answering.

“Well, Siwon-ssi is a caring person. The house is huge and I like it. I’m two weeks pregnant and everything is good so far”

Kyuhyun assured him and the older nodded in understanding, but when he felt Kyuhyun hesitating about something, his face expression turned worried for a second.

“What is it?”

Kyuhyun smiled, knowing exactly that he could never hide anything from his hyung.

“Well, he asked me to quit my job”

Heechul didn’t look surprised at all which made Kyuhyun widen his eyes at the reaction.

“You agree with him?”

“Don’t you?”

Heechul asked back, making Kyuhyun let out a deep sigh while shifting his gaze to the floor.

“You’re lucky he even let you work until now. You’re his employee after all”

Those words sounded logical to Kyuhyun. He and Siwon had a contract and so the latter was allowed to ask him to quit his other job because it might've danger the baby’s health.

“But it’s Hae hyung’s job”

Kyuhyun sadly defended and Heechul understood why it must've been hard for him to quit.

“It doesn’t mean anything if you quit”

The older assured him, draping an arm over his shoulder and pulling him closer as he added “You’re a great guy, Kyun-ah”

The younger smiled, muttering a low thank you as he made up his mind.

...

After leaving Heechul’s office, Kyuhyun decided to head to ‘Cup of Joy’ to talk to his friends.

It was a weekend but when he reached the coffee shop, he was glad it was still early for it to be cramped, and so he had time to talk to his friends.

“Kyu! What are you doing here?”

Changmin asked, surprised to see Kyuhyun early since his shift didn’t start until a few hours later.

“Kyu-line meeting!”

Kyuhyun simply stated, walking past the dumbfounded tall guy with a tap on his shoulder before taking a seat on one of the empty tables.

When Changmin snapped out of it, his curiosity taking the best of him as he rushed to the counter and called Minho and Jonghyun to join them asap.

The latters were also confused about the sudden meeting, all of them staring at Kyuhyun and waiting for him to speak.

“I’m quitting my job”

The words came as a shock to all of them, causing Kyuhyun to instantly feel bad about his decision.

“But why?” Minho asked, earning nods from the two other guys who were curious to know the reason.

“I’m pregnant guys. I have to take care of myself and the baby”

Kyuhyun tried to sound as convincing as possible but it was still hard for his friends to understand why he wanted to leave his job.

“But you can take care of yourself here!” Changmin argued, making Kyuhyun avoid his intense gaze.

“Maybe you can consider quitting when your belly starts to grow?” Jonghyun tried to reason as well.

You know exactly why I took this job in the first place, but I have a new one now that will help Hae hyung even more”

Changmin, Minho and Jonghyun kept looking between each other making Kyuhyun nervous as he waited for what they were about to say.

“We’re gonna miss you”

Minho admitted, making Kyuhyun’s eyes teary but he willed it away as he tried to act tough.

“It doesn’t mean we’re not gonna be seeing each other! You’re not getting rid of me that easily!”

The others started chuckling at the way Kyuhyun was pouting at them, reminding them of just why they love their little maknae. By the way, Kyuhyun gave himself that nickname although he was the oldest in the group -by a mere year but still-, and the others agreed because they thought Kyuhyun had the child in him more than any one of them did.

“Who said I wanna see the grumpy side of you!” Changmin childishly teased his hyung, earning him a light smack on the back of the head and a pout from Kyuhyun which made Minho and Jonghyun burst out laughing at the scene.

...

Kyuhyun felt relieved when he talked with his friends. He got used to having them around every day but then it would be just him, Siwon, and the baby.

When he first took the job in Donghae’s place since he needed the money, he was in a phase of his life where he was mad at the world and loathing how it screwed him and took away everything he had ever cherished. However, by working with Changmin, Minho and Jonghyun, little by little, he started enjoying his life again although he always had his brother on the back of his mind.

After clearing his locket and apologizing to Yesung, who was very sad to let Kyuhyun go and promised him that he could return anytime he wanted, Kyuhyun headed back to his apartment, his mind wondering what would Siwon’s reaction be when he would tell him.

...

“Hey, are you okay?”

When he was about to enter his bedroom, he was welcomed by Siwon who was stepping out from his room, his expression changing as he was suddenly getting worried by the look on the surrogate’s face.

Kyuhyun sighed, turning to look at Siwon with a sad face, noting the concern in the older’s orbs before informing him “I quit my job”

There was a sudden glint of relief mixed with satisfaction in Siwon’s eyes which didn’t go unnoticed by Kyuhyun. The younger slightly bowed, not in the mood to chat, before he stepped into his room leaving Siwon dumbfounded and quite disappointed by the sad aura coming from the surrogate.

...

 

Since it was a Sunday, Siwon decided to stay at home instead of going to check on his coffee shops like he usually did. He kept thinking about Kyuhyun and how he was bummed up about quitting his job, and he couldn’t help feeling guilty even if it was the right choice to do.

Three hours after their short talk at the hallway, Siwon decided to check on him and see if he ate his lunch outside. However, as he thought for a moment, he figured it would be better to make something nonetheless in case the younger got hungry again. Kyuhyun had been eating quite a lot in the past couple of weeks and so Siwon headed to the kitchen to cook something healthy for him.

While preparing the food, Siwon started thinking about the things he had done so far for the surrogate and how he seemed to care too much about his unborn child.

Siwon was never the one to take care of people because he was never taken care of, and so he didn't know how exactly. Nevertheless, he found himself doing all he can to satisfy Kyuhyun and act as the perfect future father.

 

When he was done, he put everything on a tray and headed upstairs to Kyuhyun’s room, knocking and waiting for a few seconds before twisting the doorknob and stepping inside.

He could see Kyuhyun curled up on the bed in a fetal position, his face buried between his knees and chest, making Siwon’s heart strangely ache.

“Kyuhyun?” He softly called, not wanting to wake him up in case he was tired. However, when he noticed the younger’s body slightly shifting, he stepped closer, putting the tray on the bed side table before turning his attention to the surrogate.

“Are you okay?” He unsurely asked, slowly raising his hand to touch the younger’s arm. That action earned him a sob which got him confused as he crouched before the bed, his hand lightly shaking Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

The latter let out another sob, moving his arms and covering his teary face instead. The view sent a knife right through Siwon’s heart and he started to freak out afraid Kyuhyun was hurt.

“Are you hurt? Talk to me, Kyuhyun”

Siwon worriedly asked, earning a shake from the younger’s head who only kept sobbing louder while still covering his face.

The older didn’t know what to do in such situations. He had never been the one to coax someone because that was Hyukjae’s job in his case at least. He never had anyone crying in front of him like this, and even when sometimes his ex-girlfriend did cry, it never broke his heart like in that moment.

Clenching on his jaw as he felt helpless, Siwon’s hand started soothingly rubbing Kyuhyun’s back, waiting for him to calm down.

When he felt the sobs turning into sniffs, he straightened up and sat on the bed next to the crying boy before reaching for the latter’s hands and trying to take them off.

“Look at me” He said when he felt Kyuhyun resisting, but as he tried to pry the younger’s hands again, the latter loosened his grip and let Siwon uncover his face.

The sight left Siwon’s heart racing in an inexplicable feeling. Kyuhyun’s eyes were puffy and red while sparkling from the tears, and his lips were trembling, parted to let way to his sniffs to come out.

“What happened?” The older curiously asked, causing Kyuhyun to shift his gaze away, looking at the floor as he nervously bit on his lower lip.

When Siwon felt the hesitation in the younger’s eyes, he withdrew his hands that were still holding Kyuhyun’s and gently spoke “It’s okay. You don’t have to tell me”

Those words made Kyuhyun feel guilty as he sensed the sincerity in Siwon’s tone. However, he didn’t want to make the older think he was childish for crying over his lost job, although the real reason for his break down was his fear that now that his friends were no longer by his side, that he was alone again. That thought took him back to the time after the accident.

When he felt Siwon about to get up, he abruptly held his arm, sadly eyeing him before he spoke “I’m gonna miss my friends”

Siwon stared at him with knitted eyebrows, puzzled by the younger’s way of thinking.

“But quitting your job doesn’t mean you’re gonna lose them”

“I know that! But… It’s not the same” Kyuhyun sighed, sitting up with his back pressed on the bed frame as he wiped his tears with the back of his hands. He knew Siwon wouldn’t understand.

Through the two weeks they had been living together, Siwon only grew even more confused by Kyuhyun. The latter’s personality kept on changing from a minute to another and it wasn’t because of the hormones because it was still a bit early for that.

Right then, seeing the way Kyuhyun was pouting and showing how much he cared about his friends, was leaving Siwon confused again.

“I don’t know the reason why you joined Sapphire Hope, but this is a risk you were willing to make”

Kyuhyun gazed at the older for a few seconds, trying to absorb his words. He knew it wouldn’t be easy to take on a surrogate job, but he was still adjusting.

“Come on. You need to eat”

Siwon decided to change the topic, reaching for the bowl of soup and handing it to Kyuhyun who accepted it with a low thank you.

They both sat in silence, Kyuhyun eating while Siwon was just watching him. The latter didn’t miss on how the surrogate seemed to be hungry as he swallowed his food with a cute satisfied sigh with each spoonful, which left him content. However, the tears strains that were still on his cheeks were leaving Siwon somehow frustrated because deep down he never wanted to see Kyuhyun cry.

“Siwon-ssi?”

Kyuhyun called, bringing the older out of his train of thoughts. Siwon cleared his throat and took the empty bowl from the younger’s hand and put it back on the tray.

“Yes”

He simply said, standing up and picking up the tray, his gaze looking anywhere but Kyuhyun.

“I’m not going to be alone, right?”

The surrogate hesitantly asked, looking at Siwon in a hopeful way as he was just looking for a reassurance.

The words made Siwon snap his head in his direction, locking their gazes together for a couple of seconds before honestly stating “I’m here”

Those simple couple of words were enough to make Kyuhyun sweetly smile at him because he needed to hear them at that moment.

...

 

The next day it was time for their appointment with Kyuhyun’s doctor. Since it was a rare case for inter to get pregnant and because the pregnancy was done through a surrogacy, Kyuhyun’s doctor preferred to see him every couple of weeks at least until the fetus was stable enough.

When they reached the clinic, they were directly led to Dr.Park’s office where they waited for a few minutes in total awkward silence before the doctor stepped into the room.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, how are you feeling today?” Dr.Park Leeteuk offered a handshake to both men before taking his seat behind the desk.

“I’m okay, I guess” The boy shyly replied, slightly blushing because it still all felt weird to him.

“How about you Mr.Choi? Are taking good care of your surrogate?” Leeteuk playfully asked, causing Siwon to turn to look at Kyuhyun, eyeing him for a couple of seconds before shifting his gaze back to the doctor.

“I believe I am”

Leeteuk smiled at that, turning to his computer and retrieving Kyuhyun’s file, reading its content before turning to the men sitting across from him.

“It’s the end of your second week, so I’m sure not a lot of changes has happened yet” Dr.Park started, earning a nod from Kyuhyun who was intently paying attention to what the doctor was saying.

“I’ll call the nurse to do a blood test” He added, making Kyuhyun nervous all of a sudden because he hated needles. Siwon didn’t miss on the discomfort but he didn’t say anything.

Dr.Park paged the nurse and a minute later a short girly male stepped in, bowing at the men while having a broad smile on his face.

“This is Ryeowook-ssi, and he will be taking some blood to see if everything is going okay”

Ryeowook walked to a cart standing in the corner of the room before pushing it toward the doctor’s desk. When he stood in front of them, he innocently eyed both Kyuhyun and Siwon, trying to figure out who he should take blood from.

Kyuhyun seemed to catch on the confused look on the nurse’s face, immediately bending his head low as he sadly smiled to himself. Siwon didn’t like it at all but he didn’t know what to say because he didn’t want to say something wrong.

Luckily, Dr.Park decided to clear the confusion as he stood up and walked to the surrogate.

“Sorry Kyuhyun-ssi. He’s new here” Leeteuk apologized before glaring at the short guy who still didn’t know what he did wrong.

“Ryeowook-ssi, since you’re going to be seeing each other a lot. This is my patient Cho Kyuhyun and he’s two weeks pregnant”

The surrogate peeked from the top of his eyes, expecting to see a disgusted look on the nurse’s face but it never came. Instead, the girly male was assuringly smiling at him, making it irresistible for Kyuhyun not to smile back.

“Nice to meet you, Kyuhyun-ssi. And congratulations” Ryeowook said before turning his focus back on the cart to get the materials ready.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, let’s move to the exam table so I can check on your vitals before taking your blood sample”

Dr.Park asked and Kyuhyun complied. The younger stood up but before walking to where the doctor was motioning him, he glanced at Siwon with an inexplicable look that made the older shift in his seat before unconsciously standing up as well and following Kyuhyun to the other corner of the room.

...

The surrogate took a seat on the exam table, his eyes locked with Siwon’s for a second before they shifted away when Dr.Park spoke to him.

“Can you pull off your shirt a little bit, Kyuhyun-ssi?”

The boy suddenly blushed as all eyes were on him. So keeping his gaze on his lap, he slightly nodded before his fingers entangled in the hem of his shirt slowly raising it up, shivering for a moment as the cold breeze met his skin.

Leeteuk pulled out his stethoscope and asked Kyuhyun to inhale and exhale as he pressed it against his back then against his chest. Once done, he moved to check his pulse then walked back to his desk after instructing Ryeowook to take a blood sample.

Siwon didn’t know if he should stay there or follow the doctor. He didn’t know why his brain stopped working but eventually he stood still, watching how Kyuhyun leaned back on the chair, taking deep breaths while eyeing the nurse who was preparing the needle.

“Can you roll over your sleeve, Kyuhyun-ssi?” Ryeowook sweetly asked, causing Kyuhyun to relax a bit at the comforting tone, but once the nurse held his arm and wrapped the plastic rubber on his bicep, his hand clutched on the table as he tightly closed his eyes waiting for the pain to come.

Kyuhyun was never a fan of needles and when he had to go through all of those tests to see if he was good enough to be a surrogate, his nervousness and fear got the best of him and he ended up hurting each time. He knew he should relax, but he couldn’t help it.

“Relax Kyuhyun-ssi” Ryeowook said and soon Kyuhyun felt the coldness of the needle on his skin.

He tried to distract himself by thinking of anything else but he couldn’t. Just as he felt the first poke, his heart started racing but before he could feel any pain, he felt his free hand being gripped and entwined with someone else’s.

That made him snap his eyes open, his sight falling on the hand holding his before letting his eyes trail the arm to its owner because although he knew who it belonged to, he just wanted to make sure.

The hand felt warmer than the expression on the older’s face. Siwon wasn’t looking at him, just focusing on what Ryeowook was doing. He had no idea that his little action got Kyuhyun’s heart beating rapidly.

The surrogate immediately forgot everything around him as he was lost in the touch. He remembered how Siwon held his hand back then at the club but this time it felt different. The touch left him with an excited feeling in the pit of his stomach and several questions clouding his mind.

Unfortunately, just as he pushed those questions aside and tightened his hold with a smile on his face, Ryeowook pulled away while announcing he was done.

Although Kyuhyun was glad he didn’t feel any pain, he was disappointed because it meant he would lose the older’s touch. However, as he waited for Siwon to withdraw his hand it didn’t happen.

Siwon just kept silently watching until the nurse put a bandage on the younger’s arm and rolled his sleeve back down, asking him to keep his arm bent for a few seconds. He then turned to look at Kyuhyun who was staring at him dumbfounded and who instantly blushed when their gazes locked, snapping his head away to hide his burning face.

“Come on” Siwon said, helping Kyuhyun back on his feet while still holding his hand.

When they reach Dr.Park’s office however, the older retrieved his hand, not noticing how Kyuhyun’s expression suddenly fell.

“Is there any questions while we wait for the blood results?” 

Siwon turned to look at Kyuhyun when Leeteuk asked that, but the surrogate was lost in his own thoughts, head bent down and eyes staring at his hand, feeling the warmth from Siwon’s hand slowly disappearing and thus leaving his heart battling with his mind over the reason he was so disappointed.

Only when he felt a couple pair of eyes on him that he snapped his head up and instantly blushed when he was met by Siwon’s questioning gaze.

“Are you okay?” Siwon softly asked, causing Kyuhyun to shift his sight to the doctor who was also worriedly looking at him before he simply nodded.

“Are you feeling dizzy?”

Kyuhyun shook his head at Leeteuk’s question, his cheeks seemed to burn even more as he could tell from the corner of his eye that Siwon was intently gazing at him.

“So as I was saying, do you have any questions?”

Dr.Park repeated, this time getting Kyuhyun’s attention as the younger narrowed his eyes for a moment before muttering “What are the changes that I should expect?”

“Well, probably by the fourth or the fifth week your morning sickness will start”

Kyuhyun nodded in understanding before snapping his head to the side when he heard Siwon talking.

“How should we handle that?”

Siwon had a concentrated look on his face, eyebrows slightly knitted together as he intently listened to the doctor’s words.

“Nausea and vomiting are a normal phase of pregnancy, but it depends on each person. It can go on for three months and it can be less. Kyuhyun-ssi might start feeling dizzy in the mornings and some smells might repel him and make him want to throw up, his stomach might not support certain foods, but like I said it really depends on each person. So for now don’t worry about it because you’re going to figure out how to handle it once it starts”

Kyuhyun wasn’t satisfied about that answer as he was nervous about that phase because it seemed stressful just thinking about it.

“When can we have an ultrasound?”

Siwon asked, making Kyuhyun pout at the word ‘we’ since in his childish little mind, he was the one doing it all and the one who will go through all of those changes.

“Well, normally ultrasounds should start later in the pregnancy. However, since Kyuhyun-ssi is a special case, I think we’ll have them by the eighth or tenth week to make sure everything is going okay”

Dr.Park explained, causing Kyuhyun to nervously bite on his lower lip as the thought that something might happened throughout the pregnancy because he was a male flashed through his mind, and Siwon didn’t miss on the change of expression as he put his hand over Kyuhyun’s before assuring him “I’m sure it will all be okay”

The surrogate’s eyes were fixed on his hand, feeling the warmth again, but Siwon interpreted his reaction the wrong way as he quickly took away his hand and turned his focus back on the doctor.

“Any other advice?”

“He should start exercising, maybe take a few walks now and then”

A light whine was heard after that sentence, making Kyuhyun blush when all eyes were on him, sheepishly smiling before bending his head down in embarrassment. The surrogate loved food, but hated exercises.

Siwon was amused by the view next to him, his head tilted while his eyes were intently admiring every little detail of the surrogate.

 

...

 

The following week, Kyuhyun spent most of his time at home as he started feeling tired all the time. If he didn’t drop by his apartment to check on his brother, he would just lazily oversleep in the mornings, waking up to a beautiful breakfast that would leave him loudly thanking Siwon, and as if the latter could read him, by the time Kyuhyun was hungry again, food would be delivered to him by Henry and he would always feel blessed and happy.

One thing would leave him sulking though, was the fact that he would always get tricked by his vitamins. Siwon would hide it in the boy’s food, ambushing Kyuhyun into taking it without noticing. Sometimes he felt it when it went through his throat, when it was put in his milk, juice, or yogurt, and sometimes he didn't t even feel it when it was mixed with the food. Although it made him frown and curse at Siwon, but still he would be content and satisfied.

However, as the evenings would come and Siwon would get back home, he would be met by a moody Kyuhyun. The younger would pout and sulk over each little thing, giving Siwon a hard time.

Like that one time, by the end of the third week, when Kyuhyun was playing games in his room and a disaster happened… He lost.

Being a game lover, Kyuhyun always won. Well, not always but most of the times, and when he didn't, he would get a ton upset and try playing again and again until he got it right.

Nevertheless, that time he was very tired, sleepy, and well… pregnant. His mood changed upside down when he lost the round, and thus he stormed out of the room, slamming his door shut with a bang and stomping his aching feet downstairs.

When he was standing in the living room, hands on his hips and a death glare on his face, he started thinking of what he should do next. His stomach started growling and so he decided to head to the kitchen to find something to fill it with.

Unfortunately, when he started rummaging in the fridge, he suddenly had a craving for strawberries. How did that happened? No one knew because there was nothing in the fridge that even resembled the said fruit.

As he slammed the door closed and was ready to go look for the house owner, he was startled to find the said man standing behind him.

“What’s all this fuss about?”

Siwon curiously asked, puzzled about the glare painted on the younger’s face. Kyuhyun stared at him for a few seconds before he bent his head low and started walking out of the kitchen.

The older followed him dumbfounded, eyeing the surrogate who collapsed on the couch and cradled himself into a ball.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

Siwon crouched before him as he was starting to get worried, noting how the glare turned into a sad look.

“I want strawberries!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, suddenly starting to sniff while hiding his face behind his hands and making Siwon more confused.

“Strawberries?” Siwon repeated, asking no one in particular as he was just trying to remember if it was even the fruit’s season. However, to the sensitive Kyuhyun it sounded more like Siwon mocking him.

So sitting himself up, the glare returned, piercing through Siwon’s skull and leaving the latter’s eyes widening in shock when he childishly shouted “Your baby wants strawberries!”

Siwon didn’t know if he should laugh or get angry at the younger’s tone. He could guess the mood swings were already starting but he would’ve preferred if they started during the day and not in the middle of the night.

“Kyuhyun, there’s no strawberries at this time of year” Siwon tried to sound as gentle as possible but when he saw the surrogate had started sobbing again, he mentally cursed himself before sitting beside the boy and running a hand on his back.

“Y-ou don’t c-care about your baby!” Kyuhyun stated between his sniffs, shrugging the older’s hand and storming out of the living room to head back to his room.

Hearing another bang coming from upstairs, Siwon could only sigh as he rubbed his face in frustration. You can crave for anything, any fruit… why strawberries? Aiich where can I find strawberries now?!

Nonetheless, he dragged his feet out of the house, driving his car and searching the area for an open supermarket in hopes he would find some strawberries for his whiny surrogate.

 

...

 

Luckily for Siwon, the craving seemed to stop after the strawberries incident which by the way, he did find after an hour of search. They weren’t fresh since it wasn’t their time, but he couldn’t go back home empty handed and face a grumpy moody Kyuhyun.

When he reached his house, he immediately headed upstairs toward Kyuhyun’s room, knocking and waiting for a couple of seconds before stepping inside. As he let his eyes roam the already dark room, he instantly clenched his jaw when his sight fell on the surrogate already deep asleep, little snores falling out of his mouth in the process.

Siwon deeply sighed, clenching on the bag in his hand before walking toward the sleeping boy and re-adjusting the blanket on top of him. He was of course upset that after an hour driving around in the middle of the night, Kyuhyun fell asleep. However, he knew that it wasn’t the boy’s fault.

Seeing the peaceful view on the surrogate’s face and noting how it seemed to get a bit chubbier, made Siwon forget about what he just went through and called for a smile to grace his lips. He slowly bent down, pressing a kiss on the younger’s forehead before stepping out of the room.

 

 

The next morning when Kyuhyun woke up, he sleepily walked to the kitchen, tilting his head to the side when he saw a full plate of strawberries laid on the counter with a note next to it.

‘Eat!’

The word put a smile on his face, remembering three weeks ago when he first moved in with Siwon. But as he stared at the piece of paper, noting the exclamation point, his mind suddenly started rewinding what happened the night before making his eyes pop out and his jaw to hang open.

He guiltily bit on the side of his lower lip as he recalled the events. However, as he looked at the plate of strawberries in front of him, he couldn’t help but feel flattered that Siwon didn’t ignore his craving and indeed went out late at night to get him the fruit. A cheeky wide smile plastered his face as he picked up a strawberry and raised it to his mouth.

 

- Tbc -

 


The in-between was supposed to be short, but it seems to get longer!
So I'll have to continue this in the next chapter since I don't want to skip any details XD

Sorry for the late update and I hope you enjoy it
I'll try posting the 2nd part soon
^^