Priorities

My Baby's Surrogate

Lying on his bed with eyes staring at the ceiling, Kyuhyun deeply sighed for the umpteenth time that night.

He was still not used to his new room and he didn't know if he made the right decision in moving in with Siwon. He totally understood why the older would want them to live under the same roof, but still the way their professional relationship started was not very kind.

At times he thought Siwon was a really good guy, yet at other times, the latter would get under his nerves and that would bring Kyuhyun’s impression upside down.

After he was led to his new room an hour earlier, with Siwon showing him all he needs to know, Kyuhyun changed his clothes and immediately collapsed on the king sized bed, which was very comfortable by the way, and just let his mind process the point he was at right then, and what he should do in the future to make this pregnancy as smooth as possible.

When he went to his doctor that morning to get the results, he felt all kinds of emotions mixed up upon finding out that he was pregnant. The doctor even showed his surprise, saying that it was a rare case for surrogates to get pregnant after the first try, and another rare case where inter succeed to get pregnant in the first place.

Realizing that the hard mission was just starting, he was scared over the fact that there was a baby growing inside of him right now, and at the same time he, oddly, felt happy for Siwon.

Although he didn't quite know the reason why Siwon sought to surrogacy instead of doing it the normal way with a girl he liked, still he was thankful for him since it was a big shot for some other client to choose him and he really needed it.

As he let out another sigh, it got disturbed by a growl from his stomach which made him realize that he hadn’t had any real food the whole day because he was nervous about the pregnancy on one hand, and then the moving in thing on the other hand.

Nervously biting on the side of his lower lip, Kyuhyun was thinking if he should head downstairs to look for something to eat. He wasn't quite familiar by the house, and he didn't want to run into Siwon right then.

However, his stomach kept on growling and he decided to satisfy his hunger as he climbed off the bed and slowly headed downstairs.

As he reached the living room, he could see a soft light coming out of one of the rooms and he suddenly got curious. So forgetting about his famish, he let his feet take him to the half closed room.

Standing in front of the door, he slowly peeked his head inside and his heart unexpectedly started to drum when his sight fell on the man of the house, sitting behind a desk with several papers scattered around.

The only light in the room was the lamp sitting by the edge of the furniture, illuminating the desk area and the person sitting there.

When Kyuhyun’s eyes fell on the older’s face, his jaw slightly hanged open and his stomach started weirdly acting. Siwon had a very concentrated look on his face, his eyebrows were knit together in focus while his lips were pursed into a thin line. His eyes were sharply looking at the document in his hand and he was doing this cute little thing –in Kyuhyun’s opinion- by poking the pen on the side of his nose.

Kyuhyun had to giggle at that little action that made Siwon look adorable in his eyes. The younger sweetly smiled before deciding to leave the older to his work. However, as he was about to take a step away, his stomach growled again reminding him of how hungry he was and just to his luck, it was even louder than the previous times, which of course got Siwon’s attention.

“Kyuhyun-ssi?”

Siwon’s voice made Kyuhyun freeze in place as he silently cursed his stomach for betraying him. He then slowly straightened up, taking a step inside the room while nervously playing with the hem of his pajama shirt.

“I didn’t mean to disturb you” He apologized, his eyes looking anywhere but the intense gaze Siwon was giving him.

The older then stepped out from behind his desk and approached Kyuhyun who could finally glance at him as he wondered if he would get scolded for disturbing the older’s work.

Nevertheless, when Siwon was standing in front of him, dressed in a silk blue pajama that made him look heavenly and utterly gorgeous to any creature on earth, his eyes slightly widened as he kept on cutely blinking while swallowing the lump in his throat.

“Are you okay?”

Siwon worriedly asked, confused about the way the surrogate was eyeing him. When his voice finally reached Kyuhyun’s ears, the latter quickly shifted his gaze away, fixing it on the floor as he thanked god the light was dimmed and so the older couldn't see the blush on his face.

The younger closed his eyes for a second, trying to figure out what he should say to explain what he was doing there, but luckily his stomach decided to save him as it growled again, making him shyly rub the back of his head as he looked at Siwon again.

The older’s lips twitched a tiny bit, amused by how embarrassed Kyuhyun seemed right then. He slightly nodded before moving past him and stepping out of the room.

Kyuhyun looked after him dumbfounded until Siwon turned around and motioned for him to follow him.

“You’re hungry” He stated matter-of-factly earning him a shy nod from the younger before he trailed behind him as they both walk to the kitchen.

When they reached the counter, Kyuhyun took a seat on the stool while Siwon walked to the fridge to see what was there to eat.

“What do you normally eat?” He unsurely asked, causing Kyuhyun to tilt his head to one side as he weirdly eyed the older.

“Euuh, what normal people eat?” He sarcastically asked back, making Siwon sigh as he started rummaging in the fridge again, deciding not to argue seeing how it was the middle of the night and the fact that Kyuhyun was now carrying his child.

“I only have fruits”

Siwon declared, his head still inside the fridge which made him miss on how Kyuhyun’s eyes slightly expanded at his words.

“Seriously? Don’t you eat?”

Siwon picked out a plate of different fruits before walking to the counter and placing it in front of Kyuhyun. He also took a seat across from him, elbow on the marbled table before he replied.

“I’m not around here much. I only have toast for the mornings and as for dinner I often cook but unfortunately I’m out of grocery right now and I can’t make you something greasy at such an hour”

Kyuhyun cocked an eyebrow at that, not surprised though about Siwon having the American style because he totally fit the part.

“No rice?”

Siwon shook his head at that before reaching for a knife and handing it to the surrogate.

“Are you even Korean?”

Kyuhyun sarcastically asked, not expecting an answer as he picked up an apple, peeled a piece and shoved it into his mouth.

“When’s the last time you ate?”

Siwon curiously asked, making Kyuhyun nervously shift in his seat suddenly feeling guilty. His gaze was fixed on the apple in hand because he didn't want to see the look of disappointment on the older’s face.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, you do realize you’re pregnant, right?”

Siwon said, trying his best not to sound harsh but it still managed to make Kyuhyun pout and put the fruit back on the table as he bitterly swallowed the piece in his mouth.

“I know” He only said, making Siwon sigh before standing up and walking to get something from the fridge before proceeding to the stove.

Kyuhyun kept his head low, only peeking from the top of his eyes as he wondered what Siwon was doing. He could hear the sound of something frying but since Siwon’s back was facing him, he couldn't see what he was doing.

A minute later, the older walked back to the counter, pushed the fruit plate a bit to the side and putting another one in front of Kyuhyun.

The younger curiously looked up, his eyes falling on the rolled eggs put in front of him before they shift to look at Siwon. There it was again, the nice side of Siwon that Kyuhyun didn't see that much.

“Y-you didn’t have to”

Siwon didn't answer right away, he just intertwined his hands under his chin, seemed to think about something before he uttered “You need to start taking care of yourself. The first few weeks are critical and food is very important. You can’t skip meals”

The older determinedly exclaimed, earning him a nod from the surrogate whose nose was starting to ache from the delicious smell coming his way. He wanted to start eating but Siwon seemed to not have finished what he wanted to say so he just waited.

“When’s your next appointment?”

Kyuhyun thought for a second before answering “Next week”

Siwon nodded, spacing out for a second but he got pulled back by yet another growl from the younger’s stomach.

“Aichh can’t you cooperate with me?” Kyuhyun cursed at his stomach, making Siwon unable to resist the barely inaudible chuckle that managed to snap the younger’s head at him, blinking repeatedly as he was questioning his ears right then.

Siwon faked a cough when he saw the look on the surrogate and he quickly rose off his chair and started walking out of the kitchen. Once he was standing next to Kyuhyun, he turned to him and said “Let’s talk tomorrow evening”

He then turned to leave but Kyuhyun’s voice stopped him “What about?”

“Your eating habits” Siwon stated before walking away, leaving Kyuhyun snorting in annoyance, but before his mood could get all messed up again, the smell reached his nostrils again and while excitedly rubbing his hands together he looked down at his stomach and said “Let’s dig in, shall we?”

Kyuhyun didn't notice on how Siwon was still standing not far away, shaking his head and faintly smiling as he realized he got himself a handful there.

 

...

 

The next morning Kyuhyun woke up at ten as the bed felt too cozy to abandon. He didn't have a shift until the afternoon and so he made up on the stressful things that happened lately by sleeping late.

Tiptoeing his way downstairs as he peeped his head first, roaming each corner of the house before finally straightening up as there was no sight of his mean client anywhere.

Hands on his hips, Kyuhyun squinted his eyes as he tried to think of what he should do next. He felt like he was forgetting something important and he didn't seem to know what. Not until his sight fell on the kitchen area that he palmed his forehead at his ignorance.

Idiot... you’re pregnant now. You can’t just slack on breakfast like you usually do! If Siwon was here I would’ve been scolded!

Kyuhyun debated with himself as he walked toward the kitchen, too lost in his self monologue that his eyes narrowed when he saw something laid on the counter, covered with a napkin and a note sitting next to it.

He slowly looked right and left as if he wasn't alone in the house before he picked up the small paper and read it. When he did, he let out a short mocking laugh, rolling his eyes at what was written on it ‘Eat’.

Just a simple word taking space in the middle of the post it, successfully making Kyuhyun agitated as he childishly gritted his teeth while scrunching the paper and toss it somewhere on the basin.

He stood with his hands on his hips for several seconds before taking a deep breath and having a seat on the stool. He curiously eyed the food in front of him, slowly lifting the napkin and peeking on what was under it.

What first caught his eyes were the colors, which made him remove the cover and stare shockingly at the different kinds of food before his eyes. his lips in hunger, his orbs trailed from the plate of waffles decorated by strawberries and blue grapes, to the boil of corn cereal mixed with dried fruits, to the rolled eggs like the ones he had the night before although these looked even more delicious, to the jar of honey and jam, and finally to the large glass of milk on the side. Yes colors were what laid in front of him and it made him just... speechless.

How the hell did he manage to do this? What time did he have to wake up to prepare this? Did he go out to by this stuff? Oooh, Siwon-ssi... I’m starting to love this moving in thing!

With that last thought, the boy raised his sleeves, picked up his fork and knife, and after contemplating on where to start first, he didn't waste any time in filling up his tummy.

...

 

Half an hour later, Kyuhyun was sprawled on the couch in the living room, his stomach was full and it led to a big satisfied smile to paint his face.

Anyone who knew Kyuhyun would know that the boy’s weakness was his stomach, and now that Siwon seemed to touch that sensitive part of him, he was so liking the man at that moment.

So he picked up his phone, opened the message tab and excitedly thought of what he should text him.

‘Ate’

He evilly giggled at his own act before he waited for the reply. His eyes were fixed on the screen for a couple of minutes before a reply popped up.

‘Good’

That got his mood down as he frowned at his phone. Good? Is that all?

‘What time is our... discussion tonight?’

He decided to ask as he remembered how Siwon said that they would be talking later that night about his eating habits. Since he had a shift at the café and he also needed to stop by his apartment after that, he didn't want to get a grumpy Siwon again if he was late.

‘8pm’

The short replies were starting to get under his nerves but he took a deep breath and tossed his phone on the couch.

"It’s not good to stress when you’re pregnant"

He told himself before reaching for the remote and turning the tv on to watch something to pass the time.

...

 

Meanwhile at Siwon’s office, the man was busy going through some contract when he got a text message. Normally he would ignore everything until he was done with the work in hands. However, he oddly picked it up and read its content.

‘Ate’

He narrowed his eyes at the text, yet he could only shake his head at how childish his surrogate was. He wanted to imagine what Kyuhyun must've been thinking right then, but he suddenly felt odd because he didn't know a lot about him and his chest unexpectedly tightened.

He could easily not reply at all, but again when it came to Kyuhyun it was always different.

‘Good’

After sending the text, he tossed his phone on the desk but he couldn't seem to focus on his paper work. He was instead looking at his phone from the corner of his eye as if hoping the surrogate would text him again.

Short after, his hand unconsciously jumped on the phone when the first note of the beep shot throughout the room.

‘What time is our... discussion tonight?’

Siwon smiled, suddenly remembering Kyuhyun’s little talk with his stomach the night before.

‘8pm’

...

 

Back in the Choi house, Kyuhyun yawned as he tiredly dragged his feet to his room to change his clothes. His shift would start in an hour and since he was bored, he decided to just start early.

Once dressed up and ready to leave, the bell suddenly rang, making him frown at who could it be. It couldn't be Siwon because the man had a key and so he was kind of hesitating if he should get that or not.

He thought for a moment before heading back downstairs and checking the intercom. On the tiny screen stood a young man with a neat suit and the kind of weird smile that made his eyes disappear looking back at him.

“Can I help you?” Kyuhyun asked and the man’s smile widened as he bowed his head.

“I’m Henry, Mr.Choi’s driver”

The man introduced himself, making Kyuhyun questionably narrow his eyes wondering what Siwon’s driver was doing there.

“Yes?”

“Mr.Choi asked me to deliver this” Henry declared, holding up a bag for Kyuhyun to see. The latter tilted his head, curious to what it might've held but he didn't seem to think of anything that Siwon might send him.

So he slowly opened the door, just enough for his head to sneak outside to look at Henry as he eyed the small figure man from head to toe before asking.

“Siwon-ssi drives his own car”

“I’m mostly his company driver. When he has meetings with clients or just when he doesn’t want to drive”

Henry explained, causing Kyuhyun to roll his eyes at the thought of Siwon having his own driver. Well of course he can since he’s rich!

Deciding not to comment on what he just heard, Kyuhyun motioned for the bag with his head and Henry quickly handed it to him.

“It’s your lunch, Kyuhyun-ssi”

Kyuhyun’s eyes popped out at the mention of food and mostly at the idea of Siwon asking for his lunch to be delivered. It took him a few seconds to take the bag and mutter his thank you to the driver.

When the surrogate stepped inside the house again, his head still tilted to one side in confusion as he kept on eyeing the bag in his hand.

Walking to the kitchen, he started unpacking his lunch, his eyes growing bigger at the amount of the very obviously expensive food he got. Not that he was complaining or anything.

"I’m eating for two now!"

 

...

 

Later that night when Kyuhyun got back home, he was shocked to find the door slightly open and as he carefully stepped inside, he was startled to see Siwon sitting in the living room waiting for him.

Kyuhyun could see Siwon from the entrance leaning on the couch, a leg over the other and a magazine in hand. When the older saw Kyuhyun coming in, he raised his hand to check his watch for the time.

Kyuhyun who noticed the action immediately snapped “I’m not late” Which was kind of true seeing how it was 7:55pm.

Siwon looked at him for a second before calmly speaking “I didn’t say anything”

“Good”

Kyuhyun said, putting his bag on the floor before walking further inside.

“Sit down”

Siwon motioned to the place next to him and Kyuhyun took a deep breath before sitting down, hoping they wouldn't have to argue because that was what they always did when they were together.

The younger’s sight fell on the coffee table in front of him and his eyebrows knitted in confusion as there were a lot of stuff laid there.

“What’s all of this?”

Siwon straightened up as he put the magazine down and reached for a book on the table that he handed to the dumbfounded surrogate.

“This is a pregnancy book”

Kyuhyun took the book handed to him with a cocked eyebrow, but when he read the title, he couldn't help but scoff in annoyance as it said ‘Pregnancy for Dummies’.

Not wanting to comment on that, he just stayed silent and stared at the book until he felt Siwon showing him something else.

“This is a calendar to mark the doctor’s appointments. I’ll hang it there so you can see it”

Siwon pointed out at the wall next to the TV, his words making Kyuhyun retort at him “I’m not forgetful you know”

The older gave him a serious look that made Kyuhyun sigh before turning his focus back on the table.

“What else”

“These are vitamins the doctor described for you” Siwon picked up a pack of medicine, taking out the prescription from the box and reading it, totally missing on how Kyuhyun’s eyes popped out when he saw what kind of drugs they were.

“Are those pills?”

“Yes” Siwon answered without looking at the surrogate as he was focused on his reading, and he seemed to pass up the younger’s shocked tone.

“Oh no” Kyuhyun exclaimed, tossing the book back on the table before leaning his back on the couch and crossing his arms over his chest.

His reaction got Siwon to look at him, eyeing him puzzlingly since he didn't see why Kyuhyun didn't want to take the vitamins.

“What is it?”

“I don’t take pills” Kyuhyun matter-of-factly declared, managing to put a frown on the older’s forehead.

“Why?”

“I just don’t. I can’t swallow them”

Siwon shook his head in disbelief, not liking Kyuhyun’s childish act.

“Well, you’re gonna have to”

Kyuhyun closed his eyes, inhaled and exhaled deeply before determinedly fixing his gaze on Siwon as he said “Siwon-sii... No”

The older let out a deep sigh before standing up and walking to the kitchen, leaving Kyuhyun dumbfounded but glad he had proved his point.

A minute later, Siwon returned to his place, a yogurt in one hand and a spoon in the other. Kyuhyun could only watch him confounded wondering what was in his mind.

The older then took a spoonful and led it to the surrogate’s face whose body flinched backward at the sudden move.

“Open your mouth”

Siwon ordered, leaving Kyuhyun speechless for a second, only able to widen his eyes before he managed to speak.

“I can feed myself!”

However Siwon was determined on feeding him as he sternly looked him in the eyes until he could feel the younger’s famous pout starting to form and his tone turned softer.

“Just open your mouth”

Kyuhyun could only comply, parting his lips and welcoming the spoon. Nevertheless, as he swallowed the second spoon, he felt something weird passing through his throat making him curiously ask “What was that?”

Siwon amusingly watched the surrogate’s reaction before he sarcastically replied “See? You can swallow”

Kyuhyun watched how Siwon moved back and put the yogurt on the table, a smirk plastered on his face that was making him quite angry.

“Did you just trick me?”

“I wouldn’t call it that way” Siwon simply said, his eyes trying to look all innocent which successfully and oddly left Kyuhyun amazed and led to a faint blush to paint his face.

“Well thank you for ruining my favorite yogurt”

Siwon chose not to answer that as he turned his focus back on his magazine, only motioning with his head for Kyuhyun to finish his yogurt.

The younger glared at him while his lips were pouting, but he couldn't deny that he was hungry and that indeed his favorite delicious yogurt was right in front of him.

...

 

“About your job”

Siwon asked when he noticed from the corner of his eye that Kyuhyun just finished eating. He had been thinking a lot about whether he should ask this or not, but he couldn't risk his child’s safety.

“What about it?” Kyuhyun curiously asked, turning his head to the side as he waited for what Siwon had to say.

“Can you consider quitting?”

Siwon hesitantly asked, making Kyuhyun’s eyes bulge out as he sat up and shockingly stared at him.

“What? No!”

“You’re pregnant, Kyuhyun” Siwon tried to reason with him but it only made the surrogate snap at him.

“So? It doesn’t mean I should stay home 24/7!”

Siwon sighed, resting his elbows on his knees before he started defending his point.

“I didn’t say that, but your job requires a lot of movements”

“I’m not quitting my job”

Kyuhyun’s answer was definitive which left Siwon questioning the reasons behind the younger insisting on keeping the job.

“Don’t you have enough money? Do you need extra?”

That came out wrong. Siwon regretted it the second it left his mouth especially when he saw the hurt spreading on Kyuhyun’s face.

“Seriously? You think everything is about the money, don’t you? Well guess what Siwon-ssi, you have no idea about real life and the fact that you rich people think that you can bring anyone to your feet by showing off how much money you have, just disgusts me! It doesn’t work like that!”

With that Kyuhyun stood up, leaving Siwon feeling guilty for the way he acted because he knew he shouldn’t have stated his thoughts that way.

Before Kyuhyun could manage to head upstairs, his way was blocked by Siwon who put his hand on the wall, stopping him in tracks.

“Wait, that’s not what I meant”

Kyuhyun refused to look at him, his chest was boiling and he couldn't help but feel disappointed in Siwon.

“Can we just talk calmly?”

Still no response which made Siwon rest his hands on each of Kyuhyun’s arms, automatically getting him to look up.

“I didn’t mean to offend you. I don’t know your deal with rich people and I’m not going to try to change your opinion about them, but don’t ever assume something and judge people without knowing the facts”

Kyuhyun was sharply staring back at him. He hated how the older always flashed his money in front of his face and it brought him back to the first time he accepted his money and how he was still regretting it until this day.

However, as he kept looking into Siwon’s eyes, there was something weird yet calming in the older’s orbs that made him surrender. He sighed before turning around and walking back to the living room.

“I have friends” He muttered when they both took a seat.

“I’m not telling you to lock yourself at home. I’m just looking after the baby” Siwon defended, his tone sounding delicate enough to let Kyuhyun believe in his words.

“That job is…” He stopped mid sentence because he wasn't sure if he wanted to share his personal life with Siwon just yet. That job was his brother’s originally and by quitting, it would mean he was giving up on Donghae and he didn't want to feel that way.

“I’ll think about it”

“Okay”

Siwon noticed the change of expression on Kyuhyun’s face, especially the sad look in his orbs which made him once again upset because he didn't know what was behind it.

“You can bring your friends here if you want. Just preferably when I’m not around”

The older tried to comfort him, earning him a nod from the surrogate who was still lost in thinking about his brother.

“Here”

“What’s this?”

Siwon handed Kyuhyun a piece of paper with some numbers scribbled on it and before he could ask what it was for, Siwon explained.

“The house combination”

Kyuhyun questionably looked at him, waiting for more elaboration.

“You’re not gonna stay locked in the house, so when you need to go out you’ll need this”

“Thank you” Kyuhyun sweetly smiled at the older, managing to make the latter nervous all of a sudden. It was the first smile he got for the night and he still couldn't t figure out how Kyuhyun swiftly turned from an angry person to simply an angel.

Shaking his head and clearing his throat, he picked up another paper and handed it to Kyuhyun who was wondering how much Siwon could give him in one night.

“It’s Hyukjae’s number. He’s my secretary and if you can’t reach me you can call him”

Kyuhyun nodded in understanding but then he weirdly glanced at Siwon when he recalled Hyukjae as the older’s friend from that time at Sapphire Hope.

“Your friend is your secretary?”

“Yes. He’s like a brother to me”

“I see”

“Is something wrong with that?”

“It’s cool actually”

Kyuhyun smiled again, this time widely as he suddenly remembered his own brother and how close they were before that accident happened and changed their lives.

Siwon admiringly eyed him, so many questions hanging on the tip of his tongue but he didn't dare to ask.

“Want to have some dinner?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes lightened up at the mention of food and when he saw the amused look on Siwon’s face, his cheeks reddened and instead of going for the frantic nodding he was about to do, he just shyly nodded while fixing his gaze on the floor.

“I’ll make you something”

Siwon announced, standing up and walking to the kitchen, letting out a deep sigh at the events that happened that night before a wide grin spread on his face.

Kyuhyun on the other hand, let his eyes wander over the things he got from Siwon and he could only rub his face in frustration before entwining his hands under his chin, his elbows resting on his knees while his mind was thinking about what just happened.

His sight landed on the empty yogurt, scoffing when he recalled the pills incident but he couldn't help but prick a smile.

Very Sneaky...

 

- Tbc -

 


Aaah finally I'm here XD
I don't know if this chapter is satisfying enough, but they had to talk about this before getting down to business!

Next chap will be all about the 1st trimester! I need to get back to my researches! haha

Thank you guys!