The Next Morning (Part B)

My Baby's Surrogate

Opening his eyes, he could feel the warmth spreading throughout his body as he let his mind rewind what happened the night before. Looking down at the fluffy hair tucked under his neck, he smiled and tightened his hold on the hand that was clasped in his and resting on his chest. His heart fluttered at the little snores coming out of the plump tasty lips, smiling at the baby-like-side of the surrogate.

Slowly reaching down to caress the bloated tummy, careful not to wake him, he momentarily closed his eyes and lifted the hand clasped on his to press a couple of pecks on it. He turned his head to look at the time and noticed a little red light flashing from his phone indicating he got a message. He picked it up and his face twisted when he saw it was from Kibum. The night before when he got back home and Kyuhyun said he would be moving out, Kibum had texted him saying they need to talk but Siwon had a more important matter at the time. All he was thinking about was to keep Kyuhyun by his side and he didn’t regret it because the connection they had and the feelings that bore between them when they joined their bodies together were out of this world. He would definitely remember that night forever.

Sighing, he opened the text and sighed as it was another we need to talk about Stella text. He didn't know why reading her name affected him but he couldn't ignore the truth about why she left him years ago. Of course he was angry at her for not trusting in their love and how she broke his heart, but still they had something and Siwon wasn't an ungrateful person and he knew he would eventually have to talk to her again.

Slowly detaching himself from the younger, he managed to climb off the bed without waking the body snuggled against him. He snuck into the shower, got dressed then walked back to the bed. Kyuhyun was peacefully sleeping, his milky skin glistening under the slight light coming from the corner of the curtains. He could keep staring at him for hours and it would always leave his heart fluttering.

Stealing a peck from the rosy lips, he fought really hard not to on them and maybe waking him up for a second round. However, he knew he shouldn’t. No matter how strong he felt toward him, the last thing he wanted was to he hurt him. There was a deep scar on his heart after Stella left, but Kyuhyun was the one to make it fade away and so he deserved only the best.    

"Sleep tight"                           

It was hard to leave but he managed to walk away. He needed to sort out his past so he could be ready for what came next with Kyuhyun. Stella might’ve been back to his life, but it didn’t mean things could simply go back to how they were before… especially not after his night with Kyuhyun.

.
.

Reaching his office, he was glad he got there early before Hyukjae came in or else he would be pampered with questions. When he stopped by the hospital to see Kyuhyun the previous night and found out he was gone, he called his friend to see if he was the one who discharged him and instead of an answer he got a freaked out Hyukjae who didn’t waste time in scolding him about leaving him alone. That was why he didn’t want to face him because he wasn’t ready to share what happened with Kyuhyun yet.

He tried to burry himself in work but he couldn’t shake the image of Kyuhyun sleeping soundly and ly on his bed. A smile tugged on his lips as he recalled the pleasure they shared and the way their bodies fit perfectly together.

He didn’t regret it. At all. True that he preferred it didn’t happen just because he was afraid of losing Kyuhyun, but it happened because deep down he knew he wasn’t ready to let him go. That he didn’t want to let him go. It all happened in the spur of the moment and even if he didn’t say how he felt by words, he was sure that Kyuhyun felt it with the way their bodies connected.

He knew Kyuhyun deserved to be happy, and he also knew he should give Stella an answer, and that was what he planned on doing.

The day before

“Go after her”

The younger’s words snapped Siwon out of his shock as he looked at him.

“Kyuhyun”

“Just go”

Fighting his tears, Kyuhyun rolled to his side facing away from Siwon and curled himself into a ball. He couldn’t look at him because he will definitely cry if he did.

Siwon was confused. He shared a look with Hyukjae asking for some help but his friend only shook his head because this decision Siwon had to make on his own.

He could sense Kyuhyun’s pain but he felt a squeeze in his heart and a slight guilt for snapping at Stella after knowing the truth. He knew he shouldn’t leave Kyuhyun like that, but he wanted some answers.

So running after Stella, he stopped her when she was about to hop on a taxi and confusedly stared at her teary eyes.

“Is it true?”

She avoided his gaze, wiping the tears with the back of her hand before simply nodding.

“Why didn’t you tell me? How can you leave just like that?”

She stared at him hurt “Because I didn’t want you to suffer”

“WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THAT CHOICE FOR ME, HUH?”

She flinched, never seeing him this angry before. He never yelled at her so it made new tears build in her eyes.

“B-because I loved you. Because I love you”

Sighing, he tried to calm himself down, running his fingers through his hair.

“If you truly loved me, you wouldn’t have left me just like that”

With that last remark, he turned around to walk away but was stopped by her next words.

“Do you love him?”

It made him stop in his tracks as images of Kyuhyun ran through his mind. Did he love Kyuhyun? He couldn’t quite put a finger on his feelings yet especially at that moment since his insides were all riled up. But saying he didn’t feel anything for him would be a lie.

“Why do you care?”

She walked to him facing him and determinedly said “Because I still love you and I want you back”

“You.left.me.broken.hearted”

He emphasized on each word with gritted teeth but it didn’t seem to put her off as she took a step closer to him, faces almost touching and whispered “But you still love me, right?”

Do I?

The earlier pained look on Kyuhyun’s face flashed before his eyes and without answering her, he left her standing there and walked away from the hospital.

Opening his phone, he read Stella’s text again that she sent him after he left her standing by the hospital door ‘I know you still love me, Siwon-ah. I’ll wait for you. Please give us another chance’

He couldn’t believe her audacity to ask for another chance after she was the one who broke their relationship. Even if she was sick, she had no right to make the choice of breaking up for him. Siwon wasn’t the kind of guy to leave someone he loved because she was sick, and he would’ve stuck to her through it all. Instead, she had to walk away and leave him brokenhearted, wondering each passing day about what he did wrong and what he might’ve done better. It took him a while to forget about her and Kyuhyun was a major help in that.

Speaking of the young man, Siwon wondered if he would be awake or still sleeping. A blissful smile pricked his lips as he imagined the way he looked on mornings with his pouty lips, messy hair and the cute baby bump.

Pressing a hand over his beating heart, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath to clear his mind.

‘Do you love him?’

Just be patient with me, Kyuhyun…

.
.

The morning went by fast as he drowned himself in work. He didn’t even notice it was afternoon and way past lunch time until Hyukjae stepped in to ask him to take a break.

“Yah! I didn’t want to disturb you but aren’t you tired? Don’t you have a soon-to-deliver-man at home you need to tend to?”

Rubbing his tired face, Siwon imagined Kyuhyun would be sulking because he didn’t call him and only left him a text in the morning. An involuntary smile stretched on his lips which made Hyukjae narrow his eyes in curiosity.

Stepping closer to his boss-friend, he thoroughly scanned his face expression before gasping “You’re glowing!”

Faking a cough, Siwon pretended to focus on the documents again but Hyukjae wasn’t done yet.

“Something happened last night, right?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about”

Siwon mumbled without looking at him but it only confirmed Hyukjae’s suspicions.

“YOU HAD !”

Siwon stared at him with eyes bulging out, not really surprised that Hyukjae could figured it out since he’s his best friend, but because of his loud tone which probably made the people passing by the office hear him.

“Would you keep it down?”

He jumped in his place a couple of times, then settled down on the chair in front of Siwon.

“Tell me, tell me, tell me!”

Rolling his eyes at the excited childish way his friend was acting, Siwon sighed as he shook his head.

“Nothing to talk about”

“Yah come on! I’ve been rooting for the two of you from waaaaay before”

“Thanks, but I’m not gonna give you any details about what we shared last night”

“Oh so you did have !”

Squinting his eyes at him, Siwon was about to scold him for his bluntness but was cut by his phone indicating he received a message.

Deciding he could let Hyukjae wonder some more, he picked it up and sighed when he saw it was from Kibum again. This time he didn’t ask him to call back but he informed him that Stella was at the hospital.

Abruptly standing up, he picked up his coat and dashed from the office leaving Hyukjae startled “Is everything okay? Did something happen to Kyuhyun?”

“No it’s Stella”

Was all he said leaving Hyukjae confused as hell.

.
.

Arriving at the hospital, Siwon took a deep breath to not look worried and walked toward the reception where he found Kibum standing there talking to the nurse.

Kibum didn’t look surprised because he once was Siwon’s friend and he knew the man wasn’t ungrateful no matter what happened between him and Stella. He always cares for people who he once loved.

“Thank you for coming”

Siwon had a blank look on his face and he simply nodded before asking “What happened?”

Kibum sighed, motioning for him to step away from the counter “She had a relapse”

He could see the slight sadness in the black orbs but it soon disappeared when Siwon looked away and just nodded in understanding.

“What did the doctors say?”

“She needs surgery”

A short silence settled between them before Kibum decided to talk.

“I know I did you wrong Siwon but-“

Siwon scoffed because wrong would be an understatement. Kibum was a mutual friend of his and Stella and when she broke up with him, Kibum suddenly decided to move away and cut all ties with him.

“That would be an understatement”

“I didn’t know how to face you knowing I had to lie to you!”

That caught Siwon’s attention as he intently stared at him “Y-you knew?”

Well, he was aware that he knew now, but did he know from the start?

“Yes”

Siwon couldn’t believe it. He knew and he didn’t tell him. He preferred to move away when he needed a friend the most.

“I can’t believe you, Kibum! You could’ve stopped her from going!”

“I couldn’t. She was very determined on not letting you suffer”

He explained but Siwon wasn’t buying any of it. He ran his hands through his hair with a grunt.

“You could’ve told me and I would’ve stopped her”

“But she didn’t want to be stopped, Siwon! She begged me not to tell you anything and that’s why it was hard to stay around!”

Siwon could only shake his head in disapproval. He was certain that he could’ve stopped her if he knew. She loved him and he knew just how to convince her.

“I tried okay? I really did, but-“

Staring into Kibum’s eyes for the first time in two years, Siwon could see not only the guilt and the regret in them, but something else which made his eyes widen in realization.

“Y-you love her, don’t you”

It was more of a statement than a question and Siwon felt stupid all of a sudden for not realizing it sooner, especially when Kibum avoided his eyes which only proved his words.

“Since when?”

“Before you started dating. We were all friends and I was shy, I didn’t have the courage to tell her and I guess… I always knew she had a thing for you, so I just left it that way. You were my friend, I would never hurt you”

“But you did when you hid the truth and left”

He sighed, knowing he deserved whatever came from Siwon’s mouth.

“I know and I’m really sorry. Although my love was-is one sided, I just couldn’t…”

“You still love her”

Sadly smiling, Kibum shook his head “Doesn’t matter. She still loves you. It has always been you”

Not knowing what to say or how to comfort him, Siwon just waited until Kibum calmed and willed away the tears that were clearly building in his eyes.

“Room 502”

Nodding in understanding, Siwon walked away and headed to the said room.

Stella was asleep and from what the nurse he found in the room told him, she was under some medication that made would make her asleep for a few hours.

He walked further into the room, sat on the chair beside the bed and took a deep breath then stared at her. Her face was pale, her lips were white and yet she still looked beautiful. However, two years ago, that might've affected him, but not anymore.

She once was his everything and seeing her this way hurt a little but she’s not his everything anymore. Although he would always have a soft spot for his first love, yet his life had changed. If she would have come back six months ago, things might have been different but not now. Not when he has Kyuhyun in his life. 

Kyuhyun was more beautiful, Kyuhyun was the reason for his heart fluttering, Kyuhyun lightened his world again, Kyuhyun was carrying his babies, Kyuhyun...

Taking a few more glances at her, he stood up and got out of the room, walked to the reception and took a seat. He buried his head in his hands as he rested his elbows on his knees and rubbed his tired face. He had a decision to make and he felt bad because one person would get hurt. 

He sat in the same position for a few minutes until Henry came to him.

“Mr Choi? Are you okay?”

Only getting a sigh in return, Henry added “You want me to drive you home?”

Home… With all the information he got today, he forgot to call Kyuhyun to check up on him.

“Henry, can you please take dinner to Kyuhyun?”

“What about you, Mr Choi?”

“I have to go back to the office”

.
.

Only sending a text to Kyuhyun telling him that they would talk that night, he once again busied himself in work and tried not to think about everything that had happened in the last couple of days.

He focused on the meetings he had and avoided talking to Hyukjae because the looks his friend was giving him were scolding enough, no need for words.

He was planning on taking to Kyuhyun tonight and settling everything once and for all. Unfortunately, when he reached his house, he found the said man sleeping on the couch, wrapped in a small blanket with its half on the floor, giving him a perfect view of what Kyuhyun was wearing.

Smiling, he found Kyuhyun utterly adorable and y wearing only his white shirt and boxers. He even felt by the view but he didn’t have the heart to wake him up although he can't deny how much he had missed him. He missed talking to him, missed hugging him, missed kissing him... He really missed him.

Picking him up bridal style, he took him upstairs to his bedroom instead of his own because he wasn’t sure how he felt about their night since they haven’t really talked about it yet and so he didn’t want to startle him or push him into anything before they get to really talk.

Settling him on the bed, he stood there watching him for a few minutes, marveling at his beauty. It felt completely different than staring at Stella and he was very reluctant to let him sleep or wake him up, but he decided he would have to wait until the morning.

Placing a chaste kiss on his lips, he turned off the lights and walked to his room to sleep as well. He had made his decision and he had two persons to talk to the next morning.

.
.

When he woke up the next day, he got an early call from Hyukjae about some urgent matter in one of his café branches that he needed to settle asap. He cursed at his luck and decided the sooner he got to the office, the sooner he would be back to see Kyuhyun. 

Around lunch time, he hurried back to his house, a big wide smile on his face as he expected to find Kyuhyun waiting for him. However, when he searched all over the house and still there was no sign of him, he decided to re-check his bedroom and that was when he was shocked when he realized Kyuhyun's stuff were gone...

- Tbc-

 


Because Siwon is leaving tomorrow :'(
#WeWillWaitForSiwon