The Ex

My Baby's Surrogate

A/N: Hii ^o^/
I'm finally here with a new chapter! I know a lot of you have been asking me to update and I haven't been in a good mood lately but I'm glad I can write again :)

This was supposed to have an extra part but that will take me more time (you'll understand after reading) and since today is a holiday I thought I can use my free time to give you this. I hope you'll enjoy ^^

 


 

Ten hours ago…

Kyuhyun woke up with a big wide grin on his face, rolling in his bed, before shyly biting on the tip of his index finger after tracing it over his lips. The kiss he shared with Siwon still lingering there, causing his heart to beat whenever he replayed the scene in his head.

Excitedly trashing around, he thought about the events that happened the night before and how Siwon kept on surprising him day after day. Although he had never been with a man before but he was sure he was in love with Siwon. He had never felt such a need to be with someone before and although it kinda scared him, at the same time it excited him.

He was glad when his request for a kiss wasn’t rejected and since it did happen, it meant Siwon was feeling something for him as well, right?

I can’t believe he kissed me! It was short and I still want more… will he kiss me again?

“Aaaah~ Ruffling his hair in excitement, his face still plastered a wide happy smile that he was sure nothing can erase it.

.
.

Finally able to drag himself out of bed, he took a quick shower and headed downstairs to have breakfast. As he sat down on the counter taken by the food laid before his eyes, Kyuhyun was happy. He was sure Siwon’s heart was wavering toward him and he was hopeful about him reciprocating his feelings soon.

After putting all the food in his big tummy, Kyuhyun moved to the couch to watch TV but as he was reaching for the remote, he suddenly had an urge to hear Siwon’s voice. Picking his phone instead, he decided to give him a call…

> Good morning, Kyu <

Blushing at the nickname, Kyuhyun smiled as he sweetly muttered “Good morning, Siwon hyung”

> Had a good sleep? <

“Hmm”

They kept silent for a few seconds but strangely it wasn’t awkward at all. They surprisingly liked the sound of each other’s breath.

“Hyung?”

> Yes? <

“Can we go somewhere tonight? I’m tired of staying at home or just going to my brother’s house”

> Where would you like to go? <

“Hmm… Can we get ice cream from that stall on the Han river like last time?”

Kyuhyun’s excited tone made Siwon prick a smile as he vividly recalled that day and how he found the surrogate cute and irresistible.

> We’ll do that then <

“Can we also have Tteokbokki?”

> Are you craving again? <

“No, this is just me. The babies haven’t been too needy lately”

Laughing, Siwon completely forgot about all of his surroundings and was engrossed in the conversation, not noticing his friend who already stepped inside and made himself comfortable on the sofa, watching his every move with an amused smile.

> Tteokbokki it is <

“Can’t wait! Go back to work now, I’ll see you later. Bye!”

> Call me if you need anything <

“’Kay”

Staring at his phone, Siwon’s lips were stretched into a big smile as he anticipated his date with Kyuhyun. Well, not a date date, because he wasn’t very sure about his feelings yet, but… he couldn’t deny that the kiss they shared the night before, although short, had made him realize something was definitely going on.

“Dude, you’re whipped!”

Snapping his head to the intruder, Siwon quickly put back his poker face as he stared at his friend for a couple of seconds before focusing back on the papers in his hands with a small ‘Shut up’

Hyukjae laughed, shaking his head at his best friend’s clear denial though he was secretly happy for him.

.
.

With a grunt and a little curse to whomever was disturbing his almost sleep, and with the pillow still clenched to his chest, Kyuhyun lazily dragged his sleepy body to open the door, and was surprised to see a beautiful girl standing before him wearing a short blue skirt and a red blouse accentuating her white glowing skin and making her look very good to the eye.

“Hi, is Siwon oppa home?”

However, when Kyuhyun realized that she was asking about Siwon, his face expression immediately turned serious, clutching on the pillow he was holding against his stomach, successfully hiding his belly.

“I’m sorry, who are you?”

With a sweet smile she said “His girlfriend”

Kyuhyun’s eyes bulged out, fingers digging in the material in front of his stomach while his free hand reached for the door as his knees felt weak all of a sudden and his heart was about to explode from his chest.

Girlfriend? Siwon has a girlfriend? … B-But that’s not possible! H- …How?

“Um... Is he here?”

The girl asked again, cutely tilting her head to the side as she inspected the sudden paleness on the boy’s face

“H-he’s at work”

Kyuhyun managed to mutter between his tries to take a deep breath because there were lots of questions running in his head at the moment.

“Ok. I’ll wait inside”

He unbelievably stared at her back as she made herself welcomed and stepped inside the house, making her way to the living room, and Kyuhyun didn’t miss on how she seemed quite familiar with the house.

“You’re a friend of Siwon oppa?”

She asked as she settled on the couch, a little blush adoring her face which didn’t go unnoticed by the shocked Kyuhyun.

“Y-yes”

He muttered, taking a seat as well while tightly clutching on the pillow in hand.

“Well my name is Stella, did he ever mention me?”

He wanted to scream at her and tell her that he never heard of her and that she should just leave because Siwon was his, but… he couldn’t. After all, he wasn’t very sure that he had the right to call Siwon his. The man never even said that he liked him.

“N-no” Feeling the slight twitch in her orbs, he felt the need to add “I mean we haven’t been friends for too long”

“I see”

They sat silently for a minute before Kyuhyun dared to ask.

“Does he know you’re coming today?”

“No, it’s a surprise. I haven’t seen him in a couple of years. We used to date”

“Oh…”

Kyuhyun’s heart clenched and he regretted striking a conversation with this girl because he definitely wasn’t ready to hear about her relationship with Siwon.

“I left town but now I’m back and I’d like to take it from where we left of. I mean, technically, we never really broke up so I’m kinda still his girlfriend, right?”

Chuckling, she shyly hid her blushing face between her palms as she remembered how in love they were, and while Kyuhyun was too lost in his broken dream, neither had noticed the figure standing still by the entrance.

“Stella? What are you doing here?”

“Hi Siwon oppa”

She quickly stood up and sweetly smiled, her heart beating crazy as she had always imagined about their reunion.

Siwon was clearly surprised. He hadn’t seen Stella for two years and now she was simply standing there like she had never left. His eyes stilled on her face, thinking she still looked as beautiful as before, the smile he fell in love with was still there which made his heart ache a little at the memory of how they parted.

Both engrossed in the lane of memories, not noticing the sad figure sitting by the edge of the couch, eyes fixed on Siwon trying to read his thoughts.

The boy’s heart was clenching at the sight, doubt rising in his chest as all of his earlier thoughts about the kiss and what it might’ve meant to Siwon had suddenly vanished. Not able to stand the scene going before him any longer, he abruptly stood up and excused himself.

“If you’ll excuse me”

Kyuhyun’s words snapped Siwon out of his reverie and not until he noted the pained look on the younger’s face that he realized what he might be thinking about all of this.

“K-Kyu”

He held his arm to stop him from leaving but the sad desperate look in Kyuhyun’s eyes and how his orbs glistened from the unshed tears startled him and he unconsciously loosened his grip.

“I’ll be in my room”

Siwon was still abashed and torn between following Kyuhyun and listening to the reason behind Stella coming to his house. He knew Kyuhyun must have misunderstood the situation about who Stella was to him, but then again, he himself had no idea what to think anymore because his ex-girlfriend who was his first love just showed up after two years of absence.

“I miss you oppa”

She whispered, looking at her feet as she only peeked from the top of her eyelashes wanting to see Siwon’s reaction. However, the latter seemed at loss of words. All the things that happened two years ago came rushing back to him and the hurt he felt when Stella left him had reappeared again.

“What are you doing here?”

Ignoring the bitterness from the older’s tone, Stella wasn’t too shocked about the question because she knew she had a lot of explaining to do. She did leave Siwon two years ago without so much of a goodbye but there hasn’t been a day when she didn’t think of him.

“Opp-“

She was about to start when a loud thud was heard from upstairs making Siwon snap his head to the stairs to see if Kyuhyun was there. When he didn’t, he immediately rushed upstairs not really caring about the girl calling after him.

A short knock before abruptly opening the door, Siwon gasped when he was met with Kyuhyun’s body sprawled on the floor, the boy clearly fell unconscious.

“Kyu! Kyuhyun!”

Hearing no response, Siwon didn’t waste any time in picking him up bridal style and heading back downstairs, not sparing Stella a glance as he sprung out of the apartment.

Putting him on the front seat and buckling the seatbelt, Siwon’s eyes widened when they laid on the red fluid on the boy’s thighs.

“!”

Rushing to the driver seat, Siwon clutched hard on the steering wheel as he sped off to the hospital. He was very worried about Kyuhyun and he silently prayed that he and the babies would be okay.

Reaching for his pocket to take his phone, he dialed Hyukjae’s number shortly filling him in.

“Meet me at the hospital now! It’s Kyuhyun”

He didn’t need to say more because Hyukjae muttered “Be right there” before hanging up the phone.

Cursing at the too many traffic lights, Siwon turned to face the unconscious boy beside him, a deep frown on his face as he tried to chase away all the bad thoughts.

Gently holding one of Kyuhyun’s delicate hands, Siwon lifted it to his lips, pressing a kiss on each finger before assuring the sleeping boy that everything would be okay.

.
.

Storming into the emergency ward with Kyuhyun in his arms, Siwon shouted for help when he spotted a familiar face coming toward them.

“Siwon-ssi? What happened?”

“Ryeowook-ssi! Please call Dr Park. He just fainted and he’s b-bleeding! I-I don-“

“Siwon-ssi, please calm down”

Getting a stretch to lay Kyuhyun on, Siwon reluctantly freed Kyuhyun from his embrace, not wanting to let him go. When they had to take him to the examination room, Siwon’s hand was still clasped tightly on Kyuhyun’s, shaking his head furiously as he insisted to stay.

“Siwon-ssi, please wait outside”

Dr Park assured him as he looked into his unfocused orbs, but Siwon still shook his head. He didn’t want to leave Kyuhyun alone until Hyukjae came in and forcedly made him come with him to the waiting room.

“What happened?”

Hyukjae asked the second he managed to make Siwon sit down.

“I-I don’t know! I heard a thump and when I went to check on him, h-he was on the floor!”

Siwon shakily explained, feeling his heart ache as he recalled the scene of Kyuhyun sprawled on the floor unconscious. But then as he remembered the surprising guest that he found in his house, he could finally put the pieces together.

“! ! !”

“What is it?”

“Stella”

“What?”

Hyukjae confusedly watched Siwon stand up and pace before him, hands on his hips as he cursed some more under his breath.

“She’s back”

Eyes widening, Hyukjae immediately stopped his friend, hands on his shoulders as he made their eyes meet.

“What do you mean she’s back?”

“She’s here. In Korea”

“Wait… did she call you? But what does it have to do with Kyuhyun?”

“When I went home earlier I found her in my house, in the living room talking to Kyuhyun”

Mouth forming an O, Hyukaje harshly rubbed his face with a sigh before looking back at Siwon “Doesn’t Kyuhyun love you?”

Sadly nodding, Siwon ran his hands through his hair in frustration as he imagined what Kyuhyun must’ve felt like when he saw Stella.

Not having much to say about the matter since it was very clear to both of them what Kyuhyun must’ve felt like seeing his love interest’s girlfriend showing up at his door step, they could just silently wait for someone to fill them on the pregnant boy’s state, which happened half an hour later when Ryeowook came out and told them they could come inside.

When Siwon’s eyes laid on the still unconscious boy laying helplessly on the white bed, his heart ached again as he suddenly realized how important he was to him. It had been six months since that first encounter in Sapphire Hope, and ever since, Kyuhyun had gradually and successfully graved his place in Siwon’s life.

“Don’t worry Siwon-ssi. He’s okay now, he’s just taking some rest” Dr Park informed as he sensed Siwon’s wordiness.

Nodding, Siwon took a few steps closer, approaching the bed until he was hovering over Kyuhyun. Taking his small hand in his big one, he pressed a kiss on it before engulfing it with his other hand.

“The babies?”

Before the doctor could answer, they both turned to look at the girl who just stepped in to the room.

“Oppa…”

Siwon’s grip on Kyuhyun’s hand protectively tightened as he sternly said “You shouldn’t be here”

“Is he okay?”

She still asked, not wavering under Siwon’s intense gaze.

“He will be okay. He shouldn’t be under a lot of stress though. It’s not good for both him and the babies”

Dr Park explained, then giving Siwon an assuring smile, he finished signing Kyuhyun’s chart then left the room.

“The b-babies?”

“He’s pregnant”

Hyukjae felt the need to clarify as he glaringly looked at Stella. He didn’t like how she could just come back and expect everything to be okay. Hyukjae was her friend as well, but watching what Siwon had to go through because of her, he could never forgive her.

“W-what? How?”

“H-hyung~” The boy stirred, eyes slowly blinking as they adjusted to the light.

“Kyuhyun? Hey, I’m here. Are you okay?”

Finally able to see the face hovering above him, he shortly nodded as he took a moment to recall what happened and where he might be. Then as it all flashed before him, his free hand flew to his belly as he started to panic.

“The bab-“

“They’re okay. Don’t worry”

Letting out a relieved smile, he closed his eyes again and drowned in Siwon’s touch as the older softly caressed his hair.

“Oppa, are the bab-ies y-yours?”

Abruptly snapping his eyes open, Kyuhyun gazed at where the voice came from and his body immediately stiffened when he saw Stella. He remembered what she told him earlier about wanting Siwon back and how they never broke up and his head started spinning around.

Feeling Kyuhyun tensing, Siwon shortly eyed him with a tender look before determinedly stating “Yes”

“H-how? He’s a man! And you’re not gay!”

“He’s an inter”

Hyukjae felt the need to interfere again as he didn’t like the girl’s offending tone. In the past six months, Hyukjae got to know Kyuhyun pretty well and he became very fond of him and treated him like an older brother. Also, being Siwon’s friend for a long time, Hyukjae could honestly swear that he had never seen him happier than he had been ever since Kyuhyun came in to his life, not even when he was dating Stella, something that he really didn’t want it to change.

“Who are you Oppa? How can you let yourself be played by someone like… him!”

“Don’t!”

Siwon quickly retorted, eyes piercing into his ex-girlfriend while Kyuhyun’s hand was still clasped tightly in his. He didn’t miss on the disgusted look on Stella’s face and it made him feel even more protective over Kyuhyun.

“You know nothing about Kyuhyun so don’t you dare judge him!”

“B-but”

Stella was speechless. She had never witnessed Siwon defending someone with such possessiveness which made her wonder if he really changed in the couple of years that they were apart, and what hurt her more, was that the pregnant boy lying before her was the reason behind this change.

“You left! You disappeared for two years and now you’re back and you’re expecting me to welcome you with open arms?”

“Oppa… I-“

“I don’t wanna hear anything. Just leave, you're good at that, aren't you?”

Tears fell down her face as she tried to mend her broken heart. Never a day had passed without her feeling guilty for leaving but she did it for Siwon’s sake! Now if only he could give her a chance to explain herself and to share her reason for leaving... but it looked like she was too late.

Instead, she covered to block her next sob and her heels to leave the room, and just as she did, a man who heard the entire conversation stepped inside, looking at Siwon with a hateful glare.

“You’re an idiot”

It was Kibum. Siwon’s and Stella’s friend from way back. Siwon’s wasn’t too surprised to see him. After all, he did leave with her when she left Siwon.

“Kibum please”

He didn’t want to argue or bring up the past. He only wanted to focus on Kyuhyun’s health at the moment. He had already felt all the hurt and the heartache that he could possibly imagine when Stella left him, and so he really didn’t want to dig into all of that again.

“She was sick”

“What?”

“Cancer. That’s why she left. She didn’t want you to watch her die. But she recovered. And do you know the first thing she did after that? She came looking for you”

“K-kibum, what are you talking about?”

“She never stopped loving you. She was just dying”

Everyone in the room was shocked including Kyuhyun whose eyes moved to stare at Siwon trying to read his thoughts. He felt the older’s hand trembling in his grasp and seeing the clear dejected guilty look on his face made his heart break again and so he freed his hand while looking away.

“Go after her”

The younger’s words snapped Siwon out of his shock as he looked at him.

“Kyuhyun”

“Just go”

Siwon was confused. He shared a look with Hyukjae asking for some help but his friend only shook his head because that was a decision Siwon had to make on his own no matter how much he wanted to side with Kyuhyun.

Fighting his tears, Kyuhyun rolled to his side facing away from Siwon and curled himself into a ball. He couldn’t look at him because he will definitely cry if he did.

Kyuhyun was right. Siwon wasn’t his and apparently he still belonged to someone else. He knew it was all too good to be true. His life was anything but a fairytale and Siwon was not his prince charming. He was only a surrogate. Someone who carried the man’s babies and who would disappear the second he would give birth.

He shouldn’t have had fallen in love. He shouldn’t have let his feelings get in the way. He should’ve… tears flew out, streaming down his face that was covered by his hands, hiding his true feelings.

.
.

“Kyu? Are you okay?”

“Chang! Thank you for coming”

Later that night when Changmin got the call, he didn’t waste any time in rushing to the hospital. Kyuhyun didn’t fill him in on the details but being his best friend he knew something was wrong.

“What happened? Where’s Choi Siwon?”

“Just take me home… please”

Kyuhyun pleaded, hands clutching tightly on Changmin’s arms, doing his best to block the new wave of tears.

“Kyu-“

“Please?”

“Let’s go”

.
.

When Siwon came back to the room, he was surprised when he didn't find Kyuhyun where he left him.

The room was empty and the cleaning lady was already changing the sheets to prepare for the next patient. Dashing to the reception, Siwon worriedly asked “Excuse me, where’s Cho Kyuhyun?”

“He was discharged an hour ago”

“What? By who? He doesn’t have anyone”

“He was with another man”

Dashing out of the hospital, Siwon was frustrated when he couldn’t reach Kyuhyun on the phone. He kept on calling him but it went straight to voicemail.

When he called Hyukjae and was told that Kyuhyun was picked up by his friend, Siwon’s rage had increased wondering what might’ve been going on in the surrogate’s head.

As he drove back to his apartment in hopes to find him there, Siwon was furious at how careless Kyuhyun was acting. He was still sick and the doctor clearly said he shouldn’t be stressed but what happened with Stella earlier was definitely stressful and must’ve left him hurt.

.
.

Storming inside the house, Siwon tried to search in the darkness for the figure with a heavy heart, praying he would be okay. When he reached the kitchen and found him sitting on the counter, he let out a big sigh of relief as he walked over to him.

“Kyuhyun! Where have you been? I’ve been worried sick about you!”

“You don’t have to worry about me anymore”

Came the calm response as Kyuhyun didn’t even spare him a look. His eyes were focused on the glass of water in his hands, trying not to let his emotions win over him.

“What? Kyu, listen about Stell-“

“I don’t really care”

“Kyu”

Siwon was confused. He knew Kyuhyun would be upset especially since he went after Stella earlier leaving Kyuhyun alone, but the boy asked him to and so he didn’t expect to be getting the cold shoulder. He wanted to explain everything to him and although he never spoke of what happened two years ago, he was ready to share it with Kyuhyun.

“I’m moving out”

“What?”

“I’ll move with Hae hyung again. I won’t stand in your way”

“Is that what you think? That you’re standing in my way?”

Nodding, Kyuhyun shortly closed his eyes as he took a deep breath to will away his tears, unaware of the shocked and the scared look on Siwon’s face.

The older couldn’t believe what he was hearing. True that today’s events were a lot for Kyuhyun to handle but he should at least hear him out.

Taking a step closer, he whispered “I thought you said you love me”

Startled, Kyuhyun turned to gaze at Siwon, regretting it the second their orbs met “I d-do ... But you don’t”

Narrowing his eyes at the words, Siwon was about to open his mouth to speak when his phone suddenly beeped. Pulling it out of his pocket, he read the message displayed on the screen and apparently so did Kyuhyun who quickly looked away.

“Just go. I won’t be here when you come back”

Feeling a sudden stab in his heart, Siwon fisted his hands wanting to punch something but knowing that would scare Kyuhyun, he only spat out “As you like before walking away, leaving Kyuhyun just sitting there trying to hold back from breaking down.

When the boy heard the door open and close, his body started to shake and he could no longer breathe properly. When he decided that he should move out, he didn’t expect his conversation with Siwon to be like this. Was he hopeful that Siwon was going to hold on to him? Yes. Did he wish for Siwon to hug him and ask him to stay? Yes. However, what just happened… broke his heart.

"Is it that easy to give up on me? HUH?”

“Wha-“

Wiping the tears away with the back of his hands to make sure he was hearing right, Kyuhyun speechlessly stared at Siwon who was back standing in front of him.

“You said you love me! You think it’s easy to take it back? I TOLD YOU TO BE PATIENT, DIDN'T I?”

Siwon had never raised his voice at Kyuhyun and that startled him. However, hearing Siwon’s doubtful tone as he spoke about his love to him? That he couldn't accept. Not wanting to be silent anymore, he turned to the side to fully face him.

“What am I supposed to do? You clearly don’t feel the same and I don’t want you to pity me!”

“Pity you? Kyu, that’s not what I’m doing”

Siwon's tone softened by the last words and it drove Kyuhyun crazy because that's how it always goes with them. One time they're good and Siwon being all caring and loving leaving Kyuhyun hopeful about his feeling being reciprocated, but then another time, Siwon would turn ignorant and act as if Kyuhyun had never confessed his love for him! Be patient? It had only been a couple of days and he had agreed to be patient but he couldn't just sit around when Siwon's ex-girlfriend had returned to claim him back!

“Then what are you doing? Huh? WHAT ARE YOU DOING CHOI SIWON?”

The next thing he knew, Siwon’s lips were on his, kissing him like there was no tomorrow. His face was tightly clasped between the older’s big palms as if scared he would disappear any moment, his mouth devouring his lips, passionately kissing him.

Heart fluttering, Kyuhyun didn’t hesitate to kiss back. His hands grabbed on the back of Siwon’s shirt, tightly pulling it as he sought for more of the man’s touch, even letting out a few moans now and then as he enjoyed Siwon’s lips tangling with his.

Reveling in their first real kiss, their tongues played with one another both knowing that they wanted each other so badly and they didn’t hesitate to convey their feels to one another. 

The tears that were locked managed to break free but Kyuhyun could care less. Siwon was kissing him and that was all he could focus on. He could only enjoy the feel of his lips sealed into a tight connection.

Sadly, the kiss can't go on forever and so they pulled away for air, Siwon stared into Kyuhyun’s chocolate orbs and whispered “You can’t walk away now”

“Why?”

Instead of answering with words, Siwon ran his fingertips over the wet flushed cheeks, then with a genuine smile, he scooped Kyuhyun in his arms, carrying him bridal style to his bedroom...

 

- Tbc -