An actor in the mids of pain

Casanova's True Love

Aaron drowns in the emotions he felt. What Gui gui said came to him like a bomb. He never expects anything like this… not even close. She’s leaving him. He knew she’ll come back but still 2 months without his Gui gui? How can he last? Ever since they had been friends which as long as they both can remember they have never been separated for too long. The longest they they’ve been were for one week and that was a record breaking attempt. But that was before he accepted the fact that he is wretchedly in love with her. “I never knew you wanted to study abroad.” He said in a low voice. “Never plan to actually but opportunity like this comes only once… most of all it’s free.” “Then if that’s the case wait for another month I’ll arrange my schedule” “Excuse me?” Gui gui ask in a confuse tone. Did she mishear him? “If you want to study abroad I’ll come with you. It’s too dangerous for you to go to a faraway place alone. You don’t need to think about the money I’ll shoulder all our expenses.” He said as he starts to list down what he needs to do in his mind. Gui gui stared with him. “Have you gone mad?” she asked after a few moment then laugh. Aaron didn’t say a word he just remains quite. “Oh God! You’re serious?” she exclaimed. “Why wouldn’t I not be?” he reply. “Ah bu you can’t be serious. Do you know how much that would cost?” Gui gui knew that look. The look in Aaron’s face shows determination. He wouldn’t care about the money… He’s rich. “Why would you want to do that?” she asked. “You can’t even stand in one place without causing disaster. You’re a magnet of trouble. You’re clumsy and you usually act before you think. You’re too innocent…” Aaron stops as he saw the annoyance in Gui gui’s face. “So you think I can’t take care of myself is that it.” “It’s not like that… It’s just…” Aaron sighs. “You know I care about you right?” he continued. “Of course I do. But Aaron it’s not like I’m not coming back.” She lets a mischievous smile. “2 months is not that long before you knew it I’ll be right back here banging on your door teaching you how to treat a woman nicely.” “I’m treating them nicely… you could even ask them if you want.” Aaron depended. Gui gui rolled her eyes. “Yeah yeah… heard that already. Try not to get too happy while I’m gone.” “I’ll try but I can’t promise you anything.” Aaron said with a face humor. He didn’t want Gui gui to notice how affected he is of the news. To Gui gui his just her friend and nothing more. He should act the way he is before or else… “Won’t you even miss me?” she asked in sad tone. “You knew I would but as you said it wasn’t that long and beside Japan is not that far it’s just a 2 hours flight from here you could come back every week and or…” “Wait! Ah bu I know you can’t live without me but don’t you think that overboard?” Gui gui Tease. “Who said I can’t? I just thought that Aunty might miss you, that’s all.” Aaron depended; His eyes suddenly unfocused… another lie. “I don’t think that’s a very good idea. I can’t come back every weekend. That would cause a lot and…” “Let me take care of that. I pay for your ticket” Again a playful smile curve on Gui gui’s lips. She teasingly squeezes his cheeks. “Ah bu you’re so cute!” she said in a baby voice. “Hey stop it” Gui gui just grins at him. “Tell me you love me” she demanded “What?!” Aaron’s Body suddenly becomes numb. His heart beat faster than usual he won’t be surprise if he’ll have a heart attack. “Say that you love me” she insists still with her mischievous smile. “Why would I say that?” Aaron denied. He can’t seem to look at her eyes. “Because I know you do.” She knew? Aaron’s eyes widen. He keep on asking himself if he had been so obvious. He lets out a sigh and stared at her. “You do know I feel the same way right?” Aaron held his breath the emotions overflowing him that he can’t even move. He’s so afraid of what would happen next. “Come on ah bu. Even if you’re the most conceited, hard headed, stubborn, check starve and commitment phobic Casanova I’ve known.” She stops as she saw Aaron’s horrific expression. His so serious and scared at the same time. “I love you” she whispered. She then giggles even more as he was his eyes widen. “You’re so cute” Again she pinch his cheeks. “You’re my best friend that’s why. You shouldn’t make face like that you look stupid. I’m not that stupid to fall for you.” She teases. Aaron stared at her for a few second of curse she won’t love him that way. His just a friend her best friend he should at least be happy. He felt the familiar pain again. Suddenly everything wasn’t enough for him. He wants to be more than that… more than being his friend. Aaron sighs and lets out a smile. He really should be an actor to put on that happy face. “Ah bu Xie xie ni… but I still thing you shouldn’t waste your money. I’ll be back soon and I would call you and mom every now and then that you wouldn’t even notice I’m gone.” Aaron sighs. “Ok, so when was your flight?” “2 days from now.” “What? How can it be that soon?” Aaron’s mind seems to feel light. How can this be happening? He thought he still has some time with her but he guess wrong. “Hey cheer up… I’ll miss you.” Aaron didn’t say anything. He just stared at her like his memorizing her face. To Gui gui’s surprise he suddenly hugs her tight. They stayed like that for a few minutes. “Aaron” Again he didn’t answer. “Aaron.” Aaron loosens his hug and looks at her face and smile. “I’ll miss you more…” he stops for a while and breathe. “So what time should I be picking you up?” he asked in his natural tone. “Excuse me?” “Ghost, have you gone deaf?” he asked teasingly as he place his arms in her shoulder. “I was asking you what time, should I take you to the airport?” “My flight would be at 8 in the morning I should be at the airport by 6. You sure you could wake up that early?” She knew him well that she knows he hate morning appointments. He always party at night. “No problem…”