Love at the Age of Five

SeoHan Oneshots

It was a bright sunny day. Cotton ball clouds lazily swam across an ocean sky. A soft breeze blew through the trees, making the delicate branches sway and the green leaves dance. A child’s laughter could be heard from a small playground. “Oppa you can’t catch me!” A little girl with a flowery dress and pigtails that were held up by pink ribbons ran around happily giggling. “Oh yeah you watch me!” A little boy with dark hair and blue overalls ran after her. “Ya I caught you!” The little boy shouted as he tagged her. “No fair!” She pouted. “Ya I caught you chingu! It’s fair!” The little boy protested. “Whatever oppa!” She said pretending to pout. The little boy was worried that he had upset his friend. As she pretended to be sad the little girl tagged the boy. “Ya I tagged you! You’re it now!” The little girl shouted happily. You’re in trouble now!” The boy yelled and they started chasing each other again. “Ow!” The little girl cried as she tripped on a rock and landed painfully on her knees. “Chingu!!! Are you ok???” The little boy asks worriedly. “Ne.” She said, but tears started to fall down her face. “Let oppa see.” The little boy coaxed. He saw the bright red blood trickling down a long scrape. “Let’s go home and find your Umma ok? She will fix your leg.” The little boy said. “Ne, kamsahamnida oppa.” she quietly replied. “Don’t worry oppa will always be there to take care of you.” The little boy said as he wiped her tears away.

Luhan smiled, remembering the times that he and Seohyun had spent at the playground when they were little. They had been best friends ever since he could remember...

"Luhan come here!" My umma called. Wahh there was a new family moving in the house that was next-door to ours. "We have to greet the new neighbors." Umma said excitedly. "Ne! I want a new chingu umma!!" I say happily. "Keke aww you're so sweet." My umma affectionaly ruffles my hair. "Umma!" I protest. "My hair has to look nice for the new people." I explain. My umma laughs at my serious expression, and picks up the cookies that she baked. Umma makes the best cookies! "Umma can I have one?" I ask cutely. "No these are for the neighbors, but I made extra for you." She said. Yay cookies and a new chingu!!!^^ We walk up to the door, and umma rings the bell. A lady comes, with a little girl hiding behind her. My umma greets the lady happily, and hands her the cookies. The two start chatting, and I notice the little girl looking at me curiously. "Annyeong." I say. "Annyeong." She says quietly, looking at the ground. "Ah Seohyunnie why don't you take Luhan-ah into the backyard to play for a little while." Her umma suggests. She shyly nods and leads me to their yard. Wahh it's so big, with nice green grass, and pretty flowers growing! "So Seohyunnie is your name?" I ask. She giggles, and shakes her head. "Umma calls me Seohyunnie, but my real name is Seohyun." She says. "Ohh my umma calls me Lulu sometimes." I say, and she giggles at my silly nickname. "Is that your real name?" She asks. "No, my real name is Luhan." I say. "Keke that's a nice name." She says. "So Seohyun, can we be chingus?" I ask. "Ne!" She says happily. "Promise we'll be best friends forever?" I ask. She holds out her pinky, and I link mines with hers. "Keke here's a present Seohyun." I say, and I pick a pink rose that's growing. "Kamsahamnida Luhan." She looks so happy. Keke Seohyun we will be best friends forever!

Luhan happily remembered all the times they shared when growing up. He remembered at the age of 15, when Seohyun had to move away...

"Yah Seohyun come back here!" I shouted. She giggled, and ran away with my bookbag. We always walked home together, since we lived right next to each other. I chased her, and grabbed my bag back. "Keke Seo you're so slow!" I . She sticks out her tongue childishly. "Yah choding!" I say. "Whatever." She pouts, just proving my point. We walk home happily. "I'll come over soon ok? She asks, when we reach our houses. "K." I say. We separate, and I head upstairs to my room with a plate of cookies and two glasses of milk, waiting for Seohyun to come. She comes soon, but her face is red, and tears are streaming down her face. "Seo!!! What's wrong???" I ask. "M-my umma said we-we're moving. A-appa got a new job in a-another p-part of Korea." She says, sobbing. "Aish shhh Seo." I take her in my arms, and her hair. "Lulu I'm going to miss you so much." She used my silly childhood nickname. "Aigoo Seohyunnie stop crying." I hug her tightly. "Even if you're moving away, we will still be best friends." I comfort her. "Bu-but it won't be the same." She said. "We we can e-mail, video chat, call, text, write to each other." I say. "Aishh Lulu I don't know what I'm going to do without my best friend." She sniffles. "Shh it's ok, do you want a cookie?" She smiles, and takes one. "Your umma bakes the best cookies ever!" She bites into one. "Hehe duh! I can remember the time when we were six, and umma said she only baked cookies for you. I cried so much." I smiled sheepishly. "Yah and to make you stop crying I had to share with you." She said giggling. We talked about all the fun times we had, and soon Seohyun was cheerful and laughing again. The two weeks before the move, was when we spent so much time together. On the day of the move, I remember hugging her, trying to hold in my tears. She sobbed again, hugging me tightly, telling me she would call when she got to her new house. I waved, until her car was out of sight. I trudged up to my bedroom... seeing her empty house from my window, was my breaking point. All the tears I had been holding in, fell out at once. I cried and cried, knowing that I couldn't walk home with Seohyun the next day, knowing that we couldn't hang out everyday, knowing that I would never see her beautiful face again. We called, we video chatted, we wrote long letters to each other, but it wasn't the same... I felt like a part of my heart had been ripped out... I couldn't stop thinking about her... I started wondering, is the love that I felt for her more than a best friend love? As I comtemplated it, I started to know my own feelings... I was in love with her, but I realized it too late...

Luhan remembered the call he had gotten from Seohyun a week before, telling him that she was coming back to live here again. She wanted to meet him in at the playground that they always went to when they were little. He waited patiently. A girl, with glossy dark brown hair, and milky skin walked in. "Lulu?" She asks. "Seohyunnie?" He asks. She runs to him, and he hugs her tightly. "You've grown up so much." She says quietly. "You too." He says, breathing in her flowery scent, as his arms wrap around her protectively. The two sit on the swings, and start to talk, about the years that have gone by, the old memories that they share, what they're doing now. "Lu-luhan can I tell you something?" She asks. "Sure." He says. "When I was away, I started to think about my feelings. At first, I thought that I only loved you as my best friend...But when I saw how hard it was for me to be separated from you, and how I started to think about you...I realized I had a different feeling." She said. "I-I realized I love you Luhan." She blushes. He doesn't say anything, and she looks sadly away. But, takes her face in his hands, and plants a sweet kiss on her lips. "I love you to Seohyun." He says happily.

 

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh thank you to my 7 subscribers who already subscribed even before I posted a chappie!!!!! You guys are the best! Soo here's my first oneshot, please tell me what you think! Hehehe fluffyness overload ^^ Please comment and subscribe :)