Seven

Babysitting Future Boyfriend

2 Years Later

 

"Da-da!" A high pitched screech broke through the silence of the once-quiet-and-peaceful atmosphere of Daehyun's house. Daehyun sighed before getting up, once again, to go to Youngjae's room where he found the little noise maker looking at him with bright eyes as he spotted his favourite person in the world.

In the past years Youngjae had grown more prone to having everyone's attention on him and him being the centre of the spotlight in the clan. He would have the vampires cooing over him within seconds when he showed his dimpled smile which Daehyun had begrudgingly called adorable in front of his clan and being teased for his softening heart. Which would lead to a knife-throwing fight everytime that happens because Daehyun was just not soft and unfortunately, for Daehyun that is, not one scratch was seen anywhere on his or his offenders' body. 

"What do you want you little hellion?" He spoke as he walked to Youngjae's outstretched arms and carried him. Only in front of the others would he be well-behaved.

Other than that one time when he met his dongsaeng outside his house, he did not see him anymore. Which was weird as there would be a few more times that he saw someone looking at him from afar. But since that person was only looking and not doing anything, Daehyun decided that he was not looking for any trouble.

"Let's go to them now. Eu-cha!" Daehyun softly groaned as he picked up Youngjae that seem to just grow nonstop with his bottomless appetite. "You've gained more weight now since they always seem to have food at the house for you when we go there." Youngjae giggled and snuggled up to the warm embrace of the crook of Daehyun's arms.

He was going to have to find a way to make the clan members stop feeding Youngjae everytime he made a little sound. He did not want to take care of an overly chubby baby. Youngjae is fine just the way he is now. No need to attempt to break an old vampire's arms.

He walked out the house without forgetting to lock it before spotting the same person staring at him.

"Why are you here? Who sent you?" He asked with a deep grumble at the person.

"The Guard sent me."

The Guard was the master clan of the vampire world. Offend even any one of them, and you would not see the next day. The Guard was known to be harsh for their punishment such as setting off a number of their beloved pets, the Gray Bats. If you are in a cage with those Gray Bats, you would feel your skin being ripped apart and the suffocating heat that is being given off by the Gray Bats.

The Guard is also known for their uncalled help and warning before tragedy. Usually when they step in to interfere matters, it was not a good thing. It was either death or help, which comes with a price. It was usually memories. Bits of memories from your past lives would be taken from you, to be placed into the history of each vampires.

"What for?"

"When one seeks the answer to all questions, one should know where to look. It can be in the wind, in the sea, or even in the blood." And with that, he disappeared into the night, leaving a clueless Daehyun behind.

 

"He's here everyone!" Sunhwa shouted when she spotted them at the front door.

Almost at once, all the clan members gathered in front of Daehyun with excited looks, a brow raised on Daehyun's otherwise expressionless face.

"Give him to me!" "No, me!" "Not you, me!" "He likes me the most!" "He absolutely loves me!" "Yeah right, small eyes!" "Who's small eyes, awkward aegyo-man?!"

"What did you say, small eyes, want to die?" "How're you gonna do it, with your failed aegyo?"

"Shut up!" a loud command broke through all arguments.

"You're scaring the poor kid." Everyone's eyes simultaneously moved to the big-eyed Youngjae shivering in Daehyun's arms. He grabbed his small hands onto Daehyun's jacket and shifted his face into it.

Daehyun glared at all of them.

"Nobody's getting him today."