Seventeen

Babysitting Future Boyfriend

Strolling around the busy streets which were packed with people rushing for work, laughing and enjoying their time with their friends, families out on a bonding day and even lovers having dates, Youngjae can be seen walking with a purpose. He had made up his mind. He would find the stranger.

He walked by shops selling clothes, although he had to admit, he walked in and browsed through them for a while, which in Youngjae’s terms means an hour.

Then he walked by a large shoe shop, eyes caught by the designs and apparently lured him in, where he was greeted by a smiling boy which looked around his age and he, once again, diverted his attention to shoes. After trying on a few of them and an hour and a half later, he walked back out carrying one big bag with 2 sets of shoes.

Smiling gleefully at himself, he almost skipped along the pavements at his new purchases before he was stopped by a rumble from his stomach. Puffing his cheeks, he looked around for food shops while mentally deciding what to eat.

Lost in his thoughts, he did not realise someone walking up to him and patting him on his shoulder.

Furrowing his eyebrows in annoyance at being disturbed from his thoughts on his food, he turned and stopped with his mouth halfway open and disbelief on his face.

“Long time no see.” A chuckle escaped from the person in front of him.

 

Staring into the eyes of the shocked face in front of him, he was once again reminded of why he was always amused when in his presence. Waving a hand in front of his face, he watched as the face changed from being shocked and was awarded a shy smile.

Well, well..

“W-W-What are you doing out here?” a stuttered voice asked him and he did all he could to not laugh out right in front of him.

“Just walking around, heading to a bookstore. The heat is getting to me.”

It’s no wonder really why the heat was fast approaching him. He was wearing a long sleeved knitted sweater, which he swore was of thin material, outside a plaid long sleeved shirt. On top of that, he used a cap to cover the blinding sun from his eyes.

‘’And you?” he tilted his head in response and looked down at the hands that were clutching a big paper bag.

Seeming to notice that he was being analysed, he timidly held up his hand with the bag. “Just doing a little shopping.” And maybe actually finding someone.

 

As it turns out, he didn’t need to find that said someone. Said someone was actually standing right in front of him. Said someone actually approached him, even though they met only once before.

“So Jae, shall we go to a café and talk, maybe? Don’t think this is a good spot to talk.” He watched as the person looked up and squinted into the sun, all the while feeling butterflies in his empty stomach and trying to contain his squeal, mentally willing himself not to embarrass himself by fainting in the presence of this god-like creature.

“Sure Daehyun, I’d like to.” A beaming smile appeared on his face and he was sure it would stay there for the entire day.