"Is he one of them?"

Like A Dream

 

chapter two.

Jihae noticed the odd glimmer on the seven guys’ eyes. It was too enticing for her that she couldn’t take her eyes off of them even for just a milli-second. She blinked rapidly and noticed Sunhee, waving her hands on her face.

“Hey…star strucked?” Sunhee chuckled softly, noticing Jihae’s nervous trembles making her red.

“No..no..” she fought back. She was taken aback by her friend’s claims that she darted off to the ceremony hall. She tightened the grasp on her sling bag and went off. Sunhee murmured under her breath, “What an odd person...” she shrugged, and followed Jihae.

Jihae was again on the abyss of despair as she tried to recall her last night’s dream. It was filled with mysteries, as she tried to unravel those. Random dreams made her to not see what she was envisioning on her mind. She ran her hand on her hair, getting looks from the other students.

She looked depressed and most of all, desperate. She gritted her teeth and tried to make herself comfortable. She looked around for Sunhee who was having her time of her life with all of the attention the student body were giving to her. Jihae called out to her, needing a hand to help her by.

“What a person.” Sunhee commented, waving back at Jihae.

“Just come!” Jihae gripped her friend’s jacket. Sunhee gasped and tried to act cute for the people to not see.

Jihae adjusted her eyeglasses, nearly falling on the bridge of her nose. She looked for some peace of mind on the center stage. The people around her quieted as well. The serenity got over to Jihae as she tried to make herself composed. She waited for the opening speech conducted by the person who ranked first at the entrance examination.

Sunhee was anticipating a totally hot guy to take the lead. All she wanted was to have her first boyfriend in Seoul, of course. She was having her own daydreams, making her drool over. She was expecting so much from this school and all thanks to Jihae she could live a happy life as a high schooler.

As the principal looked at the backstage, he shook his head. He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling the pressure and rising temper. Jihae got the clue, there was no one in there to have the opening speech be read or be spoken out by someone. The principal looked around them, nodding at the students as if wanting to say sorry.

Sunhee just had her powder on daily basis and took it out. She was making certain adjustments on her make-up which Jihae didn’t mind. Jihae didn’t get troubled by the principal’s failures but to her dream last night. She found it odd to believe that everything felt like she’s dreaming of the future. Jihae clenched her fist and shouted, ‘fighting’ on her mind. She was ready for this whole school year of being close with him. But, she couldn’t guarantee that he was at the same school premises such as her.

What if he was just a dirty old man being a teacher in that school? Yet, Jihae hoped and hoped that she wouldn’t be so much disappointed.

There let out a sigh from the school principal.

She called for a trustworthy teacher to read the opening speech. The girls and boys yawned in disbelief of how burdensome hearing this at the start of the morning.

Jihae and Sunhee who were doing their usual things looked at the back seats. There were seven guys lined up in a row, also doing random stuffs.

They looked pretty obvious, but didn’t mind the attention they got. Kim Sunggyu, Sunhee took note of his nameplate was fiddling on his cellphone. He yawned loudly, enough to be heard by the people near him. He was playing the latest game on his phone and continued grinning on the wide screen of his smart phone.

Jihae took noticed of Jang Dongwoo, he was smiling and looking at the people also looking at him. He was replied with disgusting looks from everyone. He looked kind and somehow cute, and Jihae didn’t mind getting along with him. She had the strong sense that he was the kindest of these seven.

Next was this, Nam Woohyun. Sunhee surveyed his face and gave an okay sign to Jihae. Jihae just shook his eyes. She heard Nam Woohyun’s silent murmurs, maybe singing along with the songs he was playing on his iPod mini. He was at the brink of sleep as he rubbed his eyes.

Sunhee now looked at the fourth member; the person beside him called him Hoya which was peculiar. He had another name besides what was on his name plate. He was shaking his body as he watched an MV on his iPhone. He smirked, laughing. He must’ve been a dancer. He was quite proficient and from the looks of it, his passion was dancing.

Okay, the person beside him was Sungyeol. He was flirting with the girls at the front seat, same line as Jihae’s and Sunhee’s. He was very childish and was called a choding by everyone. He enjoyed keeping company with the girls. He slanged his arm next to someone.

Sunhee’s eyes widened. The person sitting beside him was the cutest, handsomest, and most gorgeous entity of all. He had his arms on both of his pockets, as he tried to sit like a lady. He had an upright look on his face and looked pretty tired and timid at the same time. He was looking at the center stage and whispered to the person beside him, “I don’t want Mr. Principal to call me and deliver that speech.”

Something hinted Jihae. He was after all the top one of the whole freshmen but avoided to deliver the speech and claim his place. He was more of like her .Jihae knew deep inside how much he must’ve been feeling bored and wanted to act all too different. She took note of the six, and equally to the seventh.

He looked the youngest, and pretty as a girl. He was Sungjong. He was the only one who was noticing Jihae out of all the other six. “What are you looking at?” he blinked. Sunhee face palmed and smacked herself mentally as well, how could his eyelashes be that long?

“Auhhh…” Sunhee thought it was her he was talking about. “Nothing?” she silently tilted her head. She blushed red.

“Why do you look frightened?” Jihae whispered softly.

Sunhee blew a raspberry. “Of course, I’ve found my ideal man already!!!”

“This…early?” Jihae couldn’t believe how her best friend was acting. Just a few minutes, and she was love-strucked. She fell in love at first sight. This world of hers turned upside-down. She was kind of jealous to Sunhee maybe because she thought that it was real, not like her it just a dream.

Now, Jihae remembered her dream last night.

She was at the calm sea, admiring the white sand she was stepping on. She looked at the clouds forming. She couldn’t anymore; the sun was hitting her face so much that she couldn’t take it any longer. She was wearing a knee-length floral dress and had her hair bunned. She pretty much looked perfect with that. She looked around, aiming her eyes on someone.

But, she couldn’t find that person. All she could see was how vast the seashore could become as she strained her eyes to look and admire its beauty.

Then, came a couple of people. She tilted her head and couldn’t count how many they are. Someone stood at the ground holding a bouquet of flowers. She looked mortified but thought that it was too sweet. Nothing could even be sweeter than this, more of honey-sweet and fluffy as marshmallows.

Her thoughts drifted of as much as possible and couldn’t let this chance to slip. She grabbed the flowers, not looking at the guy, being the shy person she was. Then, upon mustering the courage to look up at him, there came the sound of Mrs. Lee’s shriek.

Then, her dream ends. She could have dreamt more but she knew that time was up. How could dreams feel so short and cut at the same time?

Jihae mentally smacked herself. Sunhee wanted her to get up already, she was sitting there for damn thirty minutes losing all her time to roam around the school and feel like it was her home now.

“Aish…Jihae..why are you like this so recently?” Sunhee remarked, dragging her friend to the cafeteria.

“Where are we going?” Jihae looked absent-minded.

“EATING? My head was going to burst and my stomach was already grumbling?” Sunhee protested, holding tight of her hand.

“Okay… “ Jihae smiled softly. She passed again with a couple of people.

She noticed that she met someone’s eyes with hers. They looked at each other for seconds. And hell, for her it took her an eternity to avoid it. She was magnetized, and couldn’t even look straight to his face.

Damn. Damn. Damn. She could only talk to herself. “What’s that ulzzang group?”

“That’s INFINITE for you. They’re a bunch of friends who were gifted with everything.” Sunhee clarified. ”I already like someone there.” she blushed red.

“WHO?”

“Secret of course.” Sunhee and Jihae swung the door of the cafeteria open.

“Is he one of them?”

Babo Jihae. She met the eyes of someone in the ulzzang group and hell; she forgot that he didn’t know his face. She was petrified at that point and didn’t look straight to his face.

 

DEVELOPMENT? :P

Hehe.