Still Dreaming

Like A Dream

 

Jihae was relieved beyond belief. There it went as she found him. It wasn’t long as her heart already skipped a beat whilst seeing Nam Woohyun.

It was him who made Jihae tremble and hop to happiness. Jihae woke up early as she cursed her damn alarm clock. She brushed her teeth as she adjusted the bridge of her eyeglasses. She looked at Sunhee who was at the far-off side of the girl’s lavatory. As seen by Jihae, she was busy and too engrossed with her own thoughts. She didn’t notice Jihae coming by to greet her.

“Yah!” Jihae gleefully smiled.

Sunhee nodded, noticing her goofy smile. She averted her gaze to the mirror. Sunhee felt the pain stabbing her on her heart. She was just like a puppet to her, a puppet that Jihae was able to use unknowingly. She snatched her pink towel away and darted off outside. She packed her things as she strode to the entrance door.

Jihae followed her with light footsteps. Sunhee was running already, with her boots hitting the gravel road. Jihae ran as Sunhee sped up. They were exhausted until they were at the bus stop.

“Is there something that matters?” Jihae asked Sunhee.

Sunhee coldly shook her head. She turned to face the car that stopped right at them. She rode off to it. Jihae nonchalantly boarded with questions still stuck on her mind. She tried to go to the seat beside Sunhee’s but it was already occupied by a man who was seriously lusting over her friend.

Jihae sat at the opposite seat, looking at the surroundings. She was determined to let Woohyun know about everything but he was kind of heavy-hearted because of her friend.

Would she want to be happy when she knew that there was someone who was gravely going to get her?

Jihae fell asleep when they were half the distance to the school. She was patted by a concerned classmate. She blinked rapidly and followed along. Sunhee was out of sight and the only people she saw were the Infinite boys greeting him as if there was nothing that happened between them.

First off, Dongwoo approached Jihae. He held his hand and squeezed it firmly. Jihae flinched and felt the strangeness of his looks. “I’m sorry. “He bowed his head.

The rest of the members nodded, “We’re truly sorry.” Sunggyu apologized as he bowed low as well.

Woohyun his bottom lip, waving his hand to Jihae. “Okay… I know that this was too sudden. But, I’m going to say something to you. Let’s talk about something private.” Jihae paused for a while, as she let Woohyun to lead him. She already forgot the urge to know what the hell happened to Sunhee.

She was getting carried away by everything.

“Auhmm…” Woohyun started. Jihae plopped down to a nearby bench near the school’s auditorium. Woohyun escorted him there as he stood next to her.

“What is it?” Jihae looked up to see his features. He was truly remembering him on Woohyun. There was no mistake about this. Finally, she’s going to be with him for INFINITE.

“…I’m the man in your dreams.” Woohyun declared. His eyes met Jihae. “..I know you are confused.” Woohyun patted her shoulder worriedly.

“I’m not.” Jihae gave a lopsided smile. She held on Woohyun’s hand on her shoulder. “I’m not lunatic.”

“I love you.” Woohyun confessed. “Would you out with me?”

Jihae abruptly dug on the pockets of her bag. She let out the silver bracelet as she handed it to Woohyun. He looked at her questioningly and just took it since Jihae was being kind enough. She was like an angel already.

“I’d be happy, too.” She gave another assuring smile.

“Really?!” Woohyun inched his face closer. He did not believe this. How in the world had he developed strong feelings for a girl he just met a few months ago? He knew he was crazy but he knew as well that he was doing the right thing for now, that is.

“Yeah.” Jihae got up. She slung her bag. Woohyun linked his arm on her. Jihae pinked, not being able to look at Woohyun. “Oppa…let’s make happy memories?”

“Nm.” He didn’t hear it clearly since the tolling bells signaled the start of love on his mind. He was pretty chaotic as he looked at his wristwatch. “Damn. We’re so late.”

“Oh, yeah…” Jihae scowled. “Let’s make a run for it?” Jihae held onto his arm and decided to run. Woohyun just followed on her pace since they were being together for goodness’ sake. How lucky could he be that he got that bracelet from L’s celebratory party a year ago?

Of course, it was him. He was the man of his dreams. He was the only one on Infinite to have worn that damn silver bracelet as a commemoration of their strong bonds with each other. All of them threw theirs as it was too old-fashioned.

 

The Madame in front looked at them in disdain as they marched off the classroom. Both of them shoved each other’s hand away as they were afraid of getting caught. Sunhee had her eyes set on Jihae the moment she arrived with Woohyun. Ma’am Lee tried to call their attention and wanted to find the reason to why they were late.

“The alarm clock.” Both of them sang in unison. Teacher Lee raised an eyebrow. “I’m afraid both of you are getting cocky in my class.”

Yes, they were. But, they knew they were happy. This was what the consequences looked like. Their eyes met as they chuckled softly. Sungyeol and L groaned as they saw their cheesiness. Sunggyu face-palmed and Dongwoo ignored it all along. Hoya was not thinking about anything right now but the upcoming English test they’d be having.

“What’s up with Hoya?” Jihae looked stern as he surveyed Hoya. L whispered for her to only hear. “English. He hates it.”

“Yeah.” Sungyeol joined the conversation. “He’s gonna fail again. Every time he does his dad would cut off a thousand won from his big allowance. He’s got not much left.”

“Really?” She blinked, she was good at English. She might be able to help. She threw a paper on Hoya, landing it on his head. He scratched it and looked angry on Jihae.

“Waeyo?” Hoya didn’t bother to see her reply. It was good that he could cover up from his frustrations to English with his stern expression.

“I could tutor you?” Jihae muttered.

“How are you supposed to teach me? Are you that good, huh?”

Teacher Lee threw a chalk on Hoya’s desk. He trembled in fear, as he stumbled to the ground. He got up and looked at the students laughing heartily as if he was a laughing stock. It was rare for them to see Infinite looking so weak and vulnerable, especially Hoya.

Teacher Lee took a look on the class’ standings in their proficiency in English. “As expected, even if you don’t listen much, you’ll pass.” She eyed Jihae.

Jihae nodded, knowingly. “See?” Her eyes curved into small half-moons.

“Yah!” Hoya turned to L. “Care to teach me? I know Woohyun would be angry at me if I let Jihae to tutor me.” He looked at Woohyun who was about to burst.

“How dare you say that to her? Let’s just auh….” He tapped his chin. “…have a group study?”

A light bulb lighted on Sunggyu’s head. “Oh, yeah. Then we could get ready for the test next week.”

“Care to join along?” Woohyun elbowed Sunhee. Sunhee’s eyes were in awe to see him paying attention on her existence.

She forced a smile. “Of course.” She frowned afterwards.

Sungyeol and Sungjong made faces. They were always getting dragged at everything.

 

Right after classes, Jihae was sent home by Woohyun. She thanked him as she waved for a final goodbye. Woohyun looked at her drifting silhouette, looking as perfect as usual.

No matter what she was already his girlfriend and no one could ever change that. He chuckled softly as he imagined the Ms. Tutor Park Jihae with a stick and her black-framed eyeglasses. She’d have made faces that she hadn’t conjured in front of him. He’d be delighted for sure.

Meanwhile, there was a magnetic force that made Jihae’s eyes to falter and closed automatically.

Jihae found herself alone in the woods, with nothing on sight but a mansion. It wasn’t haunted as it looked like one from the fairy tales. She knew that she was alone because she already found her prince charming. Any time soon he’d come and fetch her.

She waited and waited but no one came. She looked at the surroundings and felt the coldness shivering through. She eyed the trees growing sturdy and strong as time passed. The forest became thick due to the sudden burst of trees growing from lame and weak to strong ones. She was scared to death as no one still came for her.

She was all alone, cold and empty again. Her eyes gathered tears as she face-palmed herself. The road she expected her prince charming would take to find her was now covered with vines and poisonous ivies. Her eyes watered as she fell to the ground.

There came the rain as she was soaked. Then, she heard a man’s footsteps approaching on her direction. A hand tried to hold onto hers as she never did let it go.

Jihae woke up feeling light-headed about everything. It wasn’t something to be happy about as she was never able to see Woohyun’s face on her dream.