The owner of the silver bracelet

Like A Dream

 

Woohyun pulled Sunggyu’s cover while he was still lying on his bed. He roused early today wearing his usual turtleneck looking like a boss as he marched through Leader Gyu’s apartment. He was given the privilege and luxury to enter since their brotherhood had bonded them to not share even a tinge of secret between each other. It sounded terrific for all of the boys since it was Gyu’s idea.

Sunggyu cursed him under his breath. The sun was blinding him as he tried to hide from it. Woohyun smirked as he shoved the curtains to even give Sunggyu a headache. Sunggyu grumpily sat down at the bedside and grabbed his alarm clock. It was darn 7:00 in the morning. The clock was not even chiming.

Sunggyu looked at the enigmatic expression on Woohyun’s face. He sure had something up on his mind.

“What is it?” Sunggyu couldn’t keep his calm as he got up and stretched out his hands. He went to the treadmill at the far-side of the room and did some usual exercises.

Woohyun sat at the couch comfortably, flipping at the channels with Sunggyu’s gigantic T.V. Since Sunggyu was used to it, he was just using his iPod to control his temper and start the day right.

Woohyun was not paying attention to the screen since he got to open it. He knew he was pushy and everything, he was the type of guy who wouldn’t give up. He locked on his target and from now on, Jihae was the only one he could care for.

Sunggyu looked at him interestingly as he was goofily smiling while staring into space. Woohyun let out his phone and giggled even more. Sunggyu came to him and whacked his head.

“Is there anything in your head?” He pretended to knock on it a couple of times.

“Yah! Hyung!” Woohyun puffed his cheeks.

“That…wouldn’t work on me.” He hesitated, as he sighed. “Now, what is it? Problems with girls?”

“Yeah.” Woohyun gave away his thoughts and even his mind. Sunggyu knew that he was always troubled but not with girls.

Gyu’s mouth was agape and his mind in total chaos. “Not the usual thing?” He offered Woohyun a boost of strength, the chocolate bars he was so fund of even when they were just kids.

“Thanks.” Woohyun munched the chocolate bar as if there was no tomorrow. “Jihae…I really, really like her.”

“For real?” He heard it to him countless of times. He was saying it religiously. Sunggyu grew tired of the fact that there wasn’t sincerity when he was saying it.

But, there was a bit of hope that it was different this time.

“Yeah…” Woohyun looked absent-minded. His mind was trapped to the time when he was texting Jihae and casually acting as if they were as close as siblings. The Infinite boys wanted to puke as they saw Woohyun always smiling around, making the boys weary of him.

“Then, do the usual thing.” Sunggyu acted nothing. To tell the truth, he wouldn’t mind if Woohyun would marry her on a whim. He was like a spontaneous chemical that acted according to his own will and nature. There was nothing more to him but all of his randomness. “I do pity her.” Sunggyu sighed for the second time, remembering Jihae’s remarkable eye smile.

“Waeyo?” Woohyun shook his head. “She is not something to pity on.”

“Of all the people…” Sunggyu didn’t want to look at his eyes. “Why was it Nam Woohyun? You’re such a player.”

“Am NOT! Hyung, she’s my dream girl.” He was bouncing off the couch, not minding how childish he could even get.”

“Fine..fine.” Sunggyu dismissed, as he got up. “I’d be readying my things as the event is going to start.”

“Oh, yeah.yeah.” Woohyun’s phone suddenly beeped. It was a call from none other than Park Jihae. Woohyun hopped in joy as he reached for his phone. Jihae on the other line was calm but he was totally hyperventilating. Hearing her voice even for a second would make him faint on the spot. He trembled as he asked, “Hello?”

“Oppa~”

There were chiming bells on Woohyun’s ears. He could hear the loud cheers of the Infinite boys in the background, congratulating him to find his perfect girl, his one and only Park Jihae.

“Mnm?” Woohyun could only nod, he couldn’t resist it.

“Where are all of you? I’ve been waiting for this…” Jihae reached their rendezvous with Woohyun not even noticing. He was engrossed in making the day as Jihae and his only. What was to think about was how to get fast there and pretended like Jihae never even waited.

“Ah!” Woohyun shot a glare at Sunggyu. “Wait for us…” Woohyun panicked as he hanged up. “Jihae’s waiting! Jihae’s waiting!”

“Arasseo.” Sunggyu tiredly yawned as the old man inside him kicked in. He didn’t arrange the bed sheets as one of the housekeepers came in to do the work. He and Woohyun left, of course with Sunggyu’s driver since the old man didn’t even have one.


On the other side, Jihae was staring blankly into space seeing all of the cars passing by her. She was alone near the car park of a convenience store just a few minute walk from the school. She was exhausted yet found a way to cure her boredom by attending this fund-raising activity with all of the boys.

The boys prepared a grandiose fund-raising activity for the elderly. They made many invitations to powerful people in hopes of collecting extravagant money from their bulging wallets. They sure did a good work by that since Sungjong’s father was in hotel business. They knew how to do it right.

There were games for children and children at heart with a tiny bit of valuable prize. There were also commoners, no normal people who would be coming in hopes of getting the golden couple rings sponsored by Sungyeol’s father in hopes of blinding the eyes of their ambitious sides.

 

Jihae sighed even more as the clock ticked to 8:30. Darn. Darn. Darn. She said to herself as she took a glance at her wristwatch.

She blinked rapidly as a car approached. Since the car was tinted, she couldn’t look at the persons riding it directly. All she knew was that it wouldn’t take her a minute for a walk out. Was she wasting her time in the first place?

 

Since L was always late and he rarely came early to these meetings, he decided for the first time to go early. It was only a whim but something was different on this day. Jihae would be one of the guests they’d be valuing. Of course, Woohyun would want to target that girl. L smirked as he envisioned his hyung acting like an idiot every time Jihae looks at his direction.

Over the past times, L never had an interest to a girl nor could he be happy to be with one. He had kept his own thoughts on his mind and the only people he had come to get accustomed with were Infinite. He wouldn’t consider anyone to have the same viewpoint as him if he wasn’t friends with them.

That was how he value friendship. And, that was how he thought that Jihae could change everything overtime.

L asked the driver to park the car near the convenience store. A girl pushing the bridge of her eyeglasses espied on them. Since L knew that he couldn’t be seen, he totally couldn’t hide his smile. He wanted to play along with this girl, even more and more.

He lowered the tinted blank window, as he peeped through.

“Yah! L-yah!” Jihae whined. “Where are the others?”

“Why are you so disrespectful?” L changed his expression intentionally just to get over the fact that everyone behaved abnormally every time Jihae was involved.

Something was different on this girl that he couldn’t figure out.

Jihae came near the car, signaling L for her to get on it. L flinched, he wouldn’t want to.

“Waeyo?” Jihae scowled, not believing this person.

“I’m not an idiot just like my hyungs. They like you but not me.” He shook his hand.

“I didn’t come here jest around, I’m here to help.” Jihae pushed him over the edge.

“Oh…really?” He crossed his arms, taunting him. “Then, fine…” L sprung out of the car.

“Why didn’t you let me ride…” Jihae creased her forehead.

L beamed. “Of course, I’m going to wait with you.” L thanked the driver, letting him drive off.

 

Woohyun was nervously riding Dongwoo’s car. All of his hyungs and dongsaengs were looking at him, his thumb. Woohyun hadn’t gotten any sleep and to meet Jihae with this condition would make his mind even become fuzzy. He was totally going to be mad any time soon.

“Okay…” Sungyeol slung an arm on his hyung’s shoulder. “I won’t promise much help but I’d do my best.”

“Yeah…yeah…” Sungjong agreed, patting his hyung’s head. “Just don’t fall for her too hard.”

“He’s already…” Dongwoo said, as he looked at his dongsaengs at the backseats reflected to the rearview mirror. “I just hope…he’s not going to lose his mind.”

“So, what’s the plan?” Sunggyu flipped through the pages of a health magazine. He was busily reading about good food supplements for s. What a kind leader he was, he was too engrossed to it that he didn’t mind Woohyun’s reply. He knew that he didn’t come empty-handed and he knew he would be able to swoon over any girls he had set his mind into.

Woohyun shot him a look. “Of course, all of you would let me alone with her. We’ll be organizing the events and let the candidates to have fun; socializing with them and making them feel comfortable. And not to mention, she’d be seeing my good side.” He pointed at himself.

All the boys grinned but inside their heads, he was a total lunatic.

All of them arrived to the car park, with Dongwoo left to park the car. Woohyun hopped on his steps as he gazed upon Jihae who was bored with Myungsoo. L on the other hand beamed as he slung an arm over their tallest member, Sungyeol. Sungjong greeted Jihae curtly like the others did.

Woohyun glared at Sungjong to stop being so cheesy as he held her hands. Jihae was taken aback, not believing the skin ships. She tried to shove his hands away but he was pushy.

“Oppa?” She questioned, somewhat irritated. She knew he didn’t mean any harm but his aura was different from L’s. L’s aura was enigmatic but subtle on its own way, Woohyun’s was the happy-go-lucky type. It was the sort of aura Jihae admired of casting from her own. She sighed as she looked at Woohyun who was gripping her hand tightly as they gestured towards the event grounds.

Without further ado, Woohyun’s plans commenced. Infinite let him alone with Jihae, not pestering them as the day had gone by. They knew it was for the best as they avoided the loving aura with the two. Sunggyu was with Dongwoo and Sungjong arranging things for some mini events. L was the one on the registrar, taking notes of how much money they had gotten due to the registration fee. Sungyeol was of course their mascot. He could attract kids as well as Hoya. Hoya in the other hand was like the prefect, leading the massive amount of people to where he thought they should be.

Jihae was used to this as she tried to let the people feel happy and gleeful about the surprises.

They hosted the grand couple event where they couples could aim for the golden couple ring.

The couples had an eating contest, with their hands tied with each other. The girls tried to feed their lovers with the best they could since their lovers weren’t all left-handed.

The couples had a test of knowing how much they knew of the other, Jihae jumped in enjoyment as she tried to interrogate about them of their first kisses and impressions on each other at first sight.

In totally, she envied them of how much they knew and loved each other.

The couple who won was a middle-aged couple who practically lost their wedding rings years ago. Sungjong happily presented the golden rings with an Infinite sign embedded. She was impressed on how they could go along and do embarrassing stuffs in front of everyone.

“Why do they do not look a bit embarrassed?”

“Because…they love each other.” Woohyun replied to the questioning eyes of Jihae. “There’s nothing more beautiful than unconditional love.”

Jihae followed Woohyun who congratulated the couple but as he ran off, his silverbracelet accidentally snapped off his hand as it fell to the ground. Only Jihae noticed it and saw how she had seen it long before.

It was the same silver bracelet with the same hangul words engraved on it.

She jumped into fright as she trembled, crouching to touch it.

“Nam Woohyun?” Jihae was near to crying. 

 

So long...really too long.

Woohoo! I've updated.