What is the girl of your dreams for you?

Like A Dream

Today was the very first time Jihae was so frustrated about something. She hit the ground with her feet repetitively, seeing how much hopeless the situation was. She shot a death glare at Hoya who was beside her. He ruffled through his hair, making face.

“How could you get this wrong?!” Jihae shouted. “You just classified a complex sentence to a compound one. Can’t you see the difference?” She paused for a while, surveying him.

“I don’t know…” His face fell. He crumpled the piece of paper and threw it straight into the dust bin. The Infinite boys looked flustered at Jihae. They were truly scared of her as they watched her actions. Her simple keen eyes for imperfections made them tremble in fear. Hoya did a bad thing on throwing the questionnaire Jihae had prepared beforehand.

“Let’s just… have a snack.” He announced, standing up. The boys agreed and were about to stand. When suddenly…

“No!! No one will eat until he gets a 100% in this practice test.” She hit the desk with her hand forcefully. She rolled her eyes signaling them to go back to their chairs.

“Ahh…I’ll go get it.” Sungjong was very obedient as he sifted through the dustbin looking for the paper Hoya just recently threw.

“I’ll help, too.” Sungyeol joined arms with Sungjong on finding it. Their teacher was very pissed they were more scared of her than their Teacher Lee.

“Let them have a snack.” L fiddled through his phone.

Jihae looked at him, questioningly. “Your phone is confiscated.” She snatched the phone away from his grasp.

“No..no, look at my papers.” L threw the paper on her hand. She saw it and observed that he got a perfect score in this test.

“How could you…perfect this? I’ve made it clear that no one could answer it as correctly as you unless you came from America yourself.”

“He’s a native, no kidding.” Woohyun commented.

L shut him up.

“His past lives are, that’s what I’m saying.” Woohyun forced a smile. He tapped Jihae’s shoulders. “Time for a break. Someone got a perfect score already. Hoya is being sincere and I know he could do this. Look at the two persons looking for the questionnaire. Aren’t you pitying them already?”

Jihae scowled. “But, I thought I was doing my best….”

“Yeah, you did.” Sunggyu consoled her. “And, I’m thankful that my dongsaengs are very aware of that. They just need a clear mind for answering.” He eyed s.

“Fine…fine, let’s just eat for a while. Jihae prepared something for all of you.” Sunhee who was watching them all along winked at Jihae’s direction.

Jihae smiled inwardly. Sunhee set aside the papers and let out the doshiraks Jihae prepared. But, the truth was she was the one who did everything. Jihae wasn’t good at anything of home economics type. She best suited herself with outdoor activities. Sunhee nestled on the indoor ones so she was pretty adept on it.

Sunhee decided to taste the omelet. “Hmn…” She nodded. The Infinite boys gulped as they saw how tasty it looked like. “Don’t you all want this?” She had another piece with the same expression.

“Okay, I’ll go first.” L made himself comfortable, sitting down. He reached for his chopsticks and rubbed them. He snapped it into two, as he rolled his eyes. “Nothing best suits this salad except rice.” He dug on as Sunhee gave the first lunchbox to him.

The others got carried away and thanked Jihae in advance.

“But…” Jihae was about to say that she didn’t do it. Yet, Sunhee nudged her on her elbow.

“Sheesh.” Sunhee silenced her best friend. She had a few cuts and burns just the previous night while making the dishes. She made them look very scrumptious and healthy for their active minds.

“Come sit.” Woohyun waved at Jihae. He moved the chair for Jihae to sit on.

“Thanks.” She smiled back at him.

“Sunhee, you too.” L called on to her. “Here, here.” L said while munching the rice.

“Take it easy.” Sunhee pinked as she sat beside L. “Myungsoo…” She whispered.

“Myungsoo?!” Dongwoo was much occupied with the food but it didn’t leave his mind. “I thought…you don’t want any girls to call you—“

L creased his forehead. He gave him a death glare. “Wanna right your own name on my death note?”

“That’d be suicide.” Hoya grinned.

“Yeah, yeah.” Jihae chucked. It was pretty surprising for all of the boys since they never saw Jihae that happy.

“I like you when you smile.” Woohyun held on her hand. “You have a grain on your face?”

Woohyun removed it and chuckled softly.

“Oppa~” She sang, directing her attention to him.

“Stop with this…” Sungjong and Sungyeol were about to vomit.

“Okay, okay.” Woohyun put his hands up. “There’s nothing wrong with this.” He frowned.

 

Whilst eating, L looked pretty empathic seeing Sunhee like that.

“What’s the problem?” He muttered.

“They just looked good together.” Sunhee said after finishing her meal.

“Are you perhaps jealous?” L questioned, diverting his gaze on the two persons.

“Of course, how could I not be?” She gulped the glass of cold green tea.

“They pretty much had developed rapidly.” L sighed, his face fell.

“I know..” Sunhee felt a tinge of sadness. She was observing Woohyun and Jihae as they looked very happy at each other’s company. Yet, she could feel that everything about them was all a lie. It was like there’s nothing but hopes of them having a good future but that future would never come. She didn’t want to feel that way, but she couldn’t. She hated this scenario.

“It’s alright..” L held onto her hands, squeezing them together. “You could find other people who value you more than his life.” He pointed to himself. “Like me, no…I was just kidding.” He hesitated.

“Pfft.” Sunhee laughed out loud. “Too cheesy…”

Sunhee and Jihae washed the dishes as the boys finished their practice test. More and more, they were being instructed kindly by L.

 

L was acting a bit strange nowadays for the boys. He was being patient. They knew L to be hot-headed and if pissed, he would deliberately write their names on his death note. There was no doubt about that. He was also being a bit warm-hearted unlike the cold façade he always put on his own. They knew that he was of noble nature, but it was just really really strange.

“Stop the act…” Sungjong was about to vomit. “Hyung…you looked like you’re forcing yourself.”

“What?” L avoided his gaze. “I don’t what you are talking about.” L sighed as he looked at Sungjong’s paper. He changed the topic, “You’re getting the wrong idea about the subject-verb agreement. Well, this is a common mistake among high school students.”

“I…I don’t know.” Sungjong began to incline more on English as much as how L influenced him. He scratched his head as he got more and more hopeless.

“You’re doing it the wrong way.” L shifted his student to Hoya. “This is how it goes…there’s quite a pattern on this. Try to follow and you should know each and every sentence pattern.”

“Oh, that’s how.” Hoya beamed, finally getting a glimmer of hope on passing the test.

L paid his attention to the others. “Good job, hyungs.” He smiled gleefully.

“Oh…really?” Both of them said in unison.

“Yeah, of course I could do this. Your notes are pretty organized and neat.” Woohyun looked at his papers. “I wanted to impress Jihae about this.”

“I know.” Sunggyu slung his arm on Woohyun’s. “What a lover boy.”

“L, really…you could be a good teacher.” Dongwoo complimented L.

L surprisingly stood up, looking all high and mighty with his strange poses. Jihae hit him with an iron pan, smacking him off his daydream.

“What are you doing?” L felt the swollen part on the part of his head. “Meanie.”

“Me?!” Jihae narrowed her gaze on him.

“Ahh..what a shame. I’m not yet finished with washing the dishes and I also need to study.” Sunhee face-palmed.

“I’ll take over.” L advised, letting Sunhee to study. “I’m quite adept at house chores.

“Is that so?” Sunhee was obliged to sit beside Woohyun while taking part on the practice activities outlined by Jihae.

 

Jihae and L were left alone at the washing area. They were talking of giving thumbs-up to them to give them inspirations on striving hard.

“You’re pretty nice indeed.” Jihae uttered, totally recognizing L’s talent on moving people. “With your nice face and stature, a personality to match it and that brain of yours, any girl could swoon over you.” Jihae’s mind was suddenly stuck with the thought if L had someone on his mind that he was showing interest to.

“I don’t really have a nice personality. I’m quite arrogant and stern every time I’m pissed. I hate this part of me.”

“Don’t worry…” Jihae paused. “A girl truly loves you if she could love all your flaws.”

“I don’t quite agree with that.” L alleged, while wiping off the dish with the rag. “A girl would always have a reason to like a guy. She wouldn’t be so kind to give love without even knowing that person. They always wanted to find their dream boys or their ideal men.”

“Not at all, true…” Jihae grinned. “Woohyun is---“

“The man of your dreams. So childish.” L finished wiping the dishes and brought them on the rack. He cleaned the sink with Jihae already lost in her own thoughts.

“Then, what is a girl of your dreams for you?”

“Hmn.” L didn’t hear it clearly.

“What is a girl of your dreams for you?” She repeated, making it clear the second time.

“Someone…just someone who I love.”

“WHAT?!” Jihae shrieked, getting attention from the rest of the Infinite boys and Sunhee at the studying area.

L turned his back as he saw her reaction. “Cute…” He mused, going back to the Infinite boys.

 

Happy birthday, Myungsoo.

Keke. My bias~

Haha. Greeet him.

Or else, the death note kid would frown.

Haha. Annyeong~