Up to no good

Like A Dream

 

Jihae stumbled on the ground, staring blankly at Woohyun. He gestured her to get up.

“Thanks.” Jihae clenched the silver bracelet, not letting it go. For the time being, she was stoned and couldn’t even utter a phrase to Woohyun.

Woohyun blinked anxiously as he tried to hold her wrist. She shoved his hand away which offended the guy. He shook his head; not knowing where that pretty Jihae was a few moments ago.

Jihae trembled passed the Infinite boys without the boys even knowing what happened. Only one noticed something as Dongwoo flashed rapidly tagging his arm on her wrist.

Jihae groaned as she looked up to Dongwoo.

“Why did you take that?” He tried to open Jihae’s hand and snatched the silver bracelet away. “Woohyun…look at your wrist.” Dongwoo commanded. At that tiny bit of command, Woohyun held up his sleeve seeing that his silver bracelet was gone.

“Hey, where could that be?” Woohyun dug through his pockets. He sought help for his butler on asking for help to find it but Dongwoo shrieked. “Jihae had it, she snatched it.”

“No..no, let me. Let me…explain myself.” Jihae’s eyes were in fright, not of being caught but by what was taking place in her surroundings. She found him but she couldn’t even clarify it. Her nature was now being doubted by the boys as she just stared blankly, stuttering.

“No..I saw it.” Hoya defended Jihae. “She took it by chance, and didn’t steal it. It snapped off…”

Dongwoo examined the bracelet, and looked at the broken chain.

“I just don’t know why she insisted on taking it since it was broken already.” Hoya dismissed, seeing through Jihae’s eyes. “But, I don’t want to see her as a thief. Thievery is lame afterall.”

“Did you befriend us because of money?” It was now time for Sunggyu to raise a question.

“JUST LET HER EXPLAIN. GODDAMIT!” Hoya scowled, groaning over the fact that he didn’t believe how Infinite act.

“It’s nothing. Just give it to me…” Woohyun forced a smile, taking the bracelet from Dongwoo. He then gave it nonchalantly to Jihae. “I think you need this. But, can I ask you why?”

Jihae broke into tears. She cried like a little child rubbed off of innocence, Dongwoo felt guilty as he curt to apologize.

“No..no, I’m sorry…I…I don’t know how to explain this.” Jihae rubbed her eyes. Sungjong handed her a tissue as she sniffed.

“You can tell us the next time.” Woohyun consoled her. Jihae looked up to see his bright smile. Did he just found that person she was dreaming over and over again?

“Let’s just call this a day.” L rubbed his temples. “Uncle is outside, about to fetch us.” He shot a look at Sungjong. He nodded, sensing that his dad was outside already.

“I just hope you could explain this clearly.” Dongwoo sulked, his selfish side got too much of him. He rubbed the back of his neck as he side-glanced at Jihae who was crying on Woohyun’s chest.

 

Jihae arrived at the dorms. She waved goodbye to Woohyun, without even sparing him a smile. Woohyun nodded and broke a smile to assure her that everything would clear out. Of course, it would be since he knew Jihae wouldn’t do that. He rubbed his chest as he imagined Jihae’s face. He was angry that he saw her crying.

“Hyung…” Woohyun glared at Dongwoo. “Please…I don’t want Jihae to cry.”

“I was just helping.” Dongwoo became anxious. “And..I also felt guilty.” Sunggyu noticed Dongwoo’s trembling hands.

“Let’s stop this. That bracelet doesn’t even cost a lot. No one on their right mind would steal it since it’s old and pretty rusted already.” Sungyeol joined in the conversation. He looked at the busy streets, as he wanted to avoid the cold atmosphere inside the car.

“Yeah, and…I was looking at her.” Hoya reckoned the time when Jihae crouched down to touch the bracelet. “It looks like she just found something.”

“Is there anything that she’s been keeping a secret?” Sungjong put his hand on his chin, overanalyzing it.

“I don’t think we ought to know about it.” Woohyun cleared his throat. “Everyone has to keep a secret or two to be called human.”

“I just have a hunch…” Dongwoo sat up straight. “Maybe, this involves us. She’s pretty particular on choosing us to hang out with.”

“That could be a point, too.” L broke off his silence. “Noticing how she looked eager to befriend us.” He closed his eyes momentarily; flashes of images came to her mind.

“Aigoo…”  All of them broke off into hearty laughter. “We’re just thinking about this too much.” Sunggyu called it the end since the atmosphere got a little bit loose.

 

Near Jihae’s dorm,  Woohyun came abruptly to welcome her. But, when he asked the landlady she was already out. Woohyun scratched his head. He couldn’t probably miss her. Woohyun studied the whole place where his girl resided. It was a pretty fine building.

He finally noticed Sunhee checking out of the dorms. He hid behind a pillar and surprised her with his presence.

“You’re Sunhee, right?” Woohyun called up.

Sunhee nodded eagerly. “Oppa…why are you—“ Sunhee didn’t continue. As a matter of fact, it was pretty obvious. It was too obvious that Jihae was the only reason he would muster his courage to go there.

She felt a tinge of pain. This brought tingles on her whole being.

“So…Sunhee, auhmm….” Woohyun acted all cutesy to mesmerize her. He knew just the way to do it.

Sunhee pinked. “Anything you want to ask?”

“Well…do you know anything about Jihae’s past.”

“Jihae?” Sunhee became sad instantly. It was this topic again that made her tummy sick.

“Yeah.” He nodded.

“I could tell you anything…in exchange of a date.” Sunhee smirked, thinking that he would obviously decline.

But, Woohyun didn’t. He did the opposite as he willingly took part. “Anything, anything…” He put his hand on his chin. “Tell me?” He inched closer to her, making Sunhee blush even more.

“Well… I would just tell you a revelation to why Jihae came here from Busan?”

“Busan? That’s so…” Woohyun’s eyes bulged out. “…far” There must have been something that she was hiding about.”

“Well… after the date.” Sunhee stuck his tongue. “Believe in me first, okay?” She darted off to the school.

“Fine…I don’t have something to lose.”

 

This Saturday Woohyun waited for Sunhee at the dorms. Jihae peeped through the glass window just to see Woohyun’s car parked at the entrance. She blinked, she didn’t order him to. She was quite positive of that, but she saw Sunhee acting all cutesy over Woohyun. She was wearing a pink, lacey dress matched with her rosy make-up emphasizing her beauty from within.

“Why?” Jihae’s eyes were in awe.

It had been a couple of days since that incident. She was not being pestered by Woohyun any longer. She thought that maybe it was because Woohyun liked Sunhee already. Her chance of having the man of her dreams shattered in front of her sight. Without even doing anything, she regretted it. She wanted to be with him but lost all of the chances due to her nervousness.

She punched her pillow, and face-palmed herself. What could she do to reverse everything?

It was Woohyun, it was Nam Woohyun.

 

Meanwhile, Sunhee hopped her steps as she rode off with Woohyun. Woohyun was being a good oppa to her. Sunhee knew that he would do anything just to uncover any revelation from Jihae. It hurt her somewhat that she needed Jihae just to get happy.

All along, she knew that she was up to no good. But, it was her dreams that led her to this. There was no backing out.

They arrived at the mall and they ran to the nearest fast food chain for a snack. Unlike other rich people, Woohyun knew how to get along with middle class ones just like Sunhee. She looked thrilled as she met his twinkling eyes. She compared it over the midnight stars shining upon him even more because she knew he couldn’t reach him. He was too close yet so far.

Jihae sighed, Woohyun ordered so many foods. He munched them on one go with Sunhee only eating a burger and drinking a fruit smoothie.

They then went to the shopping malls. Sunhee picked a dress for herself and as a gentleman he was, he bought those for Sunhee. She gratefully smiled at him.

“Don’t forget the deal.” He winked, Sunhee got flustered.

They went to some arcade as they rocked the whole place. Woohyun felt happy for the first time to play games and whatnot, to experience a life of being a normal highschooler.

“Thanks for this day…” Woohyun shook Sunhee’s head. He inched closer and pressed a kiss on her forehead. “This day is a happy one.”

Sunhee wasn’t able to control herself and gave a shrill shriek. Woohyun got alarmed by it and put his hand on his mouth.

“Oppa…” Sunhee fanned herself.

 

After the whole day, Sunhee and Woohyun looked tired.

“Tell me…” He looked exasperated.

“Well…” Sunhee smiled, her tears gathering on her eyes. She sniffed but Woohyun didn’t even bother to look at her. He was looking calmly at the sky. “Jihae had been chasing the man of her dreams. She’s always dreaming of him countless of times. First, he came to this dream place, the school on her dreams and now she was near to figuring who it was. Maybe, because of that silver bracelet, she got frantic when she dreamed of it.”

“Silver bracelet?” He reckoned her behaviors. “Of course…she’d act that way. But, why was she dreaming of that?”

“I don’t know ever since I never knew she got to chase a guy. And, after asking it to her last night, she thinks it’s you, Oppa.”

“It’s me?” Woohyun looked terrified. “How could it be me?”

“I don’t know as well. But, maybe Jihae is strange on her own ways but she’s sincere and honest. I didn’t doubt her a second when she talks to me of her problems.”

“You’re a great friend. “ Woohyun got up. “Let’s go I’d be sending you home.”

Woohyun was smiling ear to ear from what he heard of Sunhee. He didn’t know how much she was grieving of what she did. She liked this man and to say it aloud and so true, she felt her heart shattering. But, it was worth it. Maybe, she could have placed an existence of a friend to him on her. This was a good start and the best end.

“Sunhee…” Woohyun looked up to her as she was getting off. “Thank you so much. I wouldn’t forget how good of you as a friend.”

“Mnm.” She nodded, hiding her tears.

“Tomorrow, I’d be confessing my feelings to her.”

“Do that…” She faltered. “I’d be going.” She ran off to the entrance of the dorms only to sulk and groan on her pillows as she cuddled them on her sleep.  She was truly broken-hearted.

 

Double-update. :))

Like?