That similar behavior

Like A Dream

Out of the ordinary, Jihae was sulking near the bed side of Sunhee. She was resting comfortably since the doctor checked her status. Well, she was admitted due to how fever due to stress and lack of sleep. This caused Jihae to blame herself for not even noticing her friend.

“Sunhee-yah…” Jihae sniffed, in front of the sleeping Sunhee. The doctor gave her some medications.

She felt restless and most of all, she was the one who deliberately took Sunhee out in Seoul when she could have fun in Busan.

Yes, Busan. That place she was having fun as well. Yes, she could the accent and yes, she could also not. Jihae leaned on her seat as a slight gasp took over her. She was chasing for her dreams, but she was not progressing at all. And it took her time to notice that Sunhee was also suffering.

She wanted to ask herself if she could take on the challenge and finish her tasks.

She momentarily closed her eyes as a magnetic force drew her to. Her body was weak and frail to that, as she fell fast asleep at the hospital room.

Her thoughts drifted far wide into the horizon. She woke up, seeing the sun and its beaming radiance. She looked around and saw that she was resting herself on a hospital. She looked at herself, bewildered. It was the same spot outside of Sunhee’s room. She shook her head, as she scratched the back of her neck.

There was no one and she felt like there was no need to be. The scent of the hospital made her puke, the scent which she hated the most. It was never, ever gonna change. The sickening scent of the medicine and how there were cries and sobs hovering the whole infrastructure.

It was just like how her grandmother used to stay there and now she was in that very cold tomb.

She bit her lip, remembering her grandma. She was very special to Jihae and the only one who stood up for her was her grandma.

She tried to wrap herself on her arms, as a man’s arm tugged on her.

He was smiling, but his whole face was covered with a blank expression. Jihae couldn’t even see his eyes. She inched closer to him, her hands wanting to touch his cheek. The man held on to it and tried to hold it closer, touching his cheek. Jihae got flustered, her eyes radiating as ever.

“You couldn’t be a dream, right?” Jihae was at the brink of collapse.

The man shook his head which made Jihae even more hopeful. He never got to amaze her of how he influenced her at the course of her short life.

Now, the man followed Jihae like a bodyguard as they were taking their time for a walk on the hospital. She was tugging her arm on his, as he was not talking. Jihae felt the need to see his face but she never could. Only his silhouette made her think that she was not alone in these dreams of hers.

“Are you also dreaming of me?” Jihae’s eyes welled up.

The man nodded, as Jihae hopped her steps. “Really?”

The man smiled, patting her head. He then tried to point something out in the window.

Jihae saw a wide garden as she followed his finger pointing into a scenic view. It was a park near the hospital where many people were strolling freely as if time collapsed at that spot.

“Do you want us to go there?” Jihae tugged on his shirt, as she tried to go to that park. But, the man paused momentarily and couldn’t come.

As Jihae’s steps grew even more distant to him, she noticed of how much her feeling couldn’t get through to him.

“Who are you? What are you?” She fell at her spot.

The man ran on him, and comforted her with an assuring hug.  Jihae put her hand on , sustaining the pain and tears she could.

The man’s face conjured, Jihae saw how he snarled.

“Why can’t I even see your face?”

“Because…” It was the first time that she could hear his voice. And yet, his voice was muffled. There was something unrealistic on his voice as Jihae sighed. “It’s not time yet.”

“What time are you talking about? When will I be able to be with you?”

“You are always being with me, at least in our dreams.” The man continued to hold onto her.

“But, I wanted to meet you….for real…” A tear trickled on her face. She wanted to shout and shriek but she couldn’t. This man she was facing right now was enigmatic.

He tried to support her, righting her on a bench near a hospital room.

“Cheer up!” He ran his hand on her hair, making Jihae feel contentment.  “You have more friends right now, I’m happy for you.”

“But, Sunhee….” Even though she didn’t know if it was his real voice, or the muffled version of it she knew that his voice was warm and cozy. There was a fuzzy feeling on her heart giving away to his voice. She wanted to stay there forever, but as she tried to peep through the hospital door. There was Sunhee as now wanted to get back to reality.

“That’s why cheer up. She’s just sick…” He tried to push her lightly. “Don’t worry everything would be fine.”

Jihae nodded as she tried to get inside the hospital room.

“Jihae, you didn’t know how much I wanted to hold onto you even more that…. We finally met each other for real.” The man’s voice was clear not already muffled by something. His mysterious silhouette changed into that of someone which Jihae on her wild imaginations couldn’t have guessed.

 

Jihae gasped into breathe, as she pried her eyes open. It was already morning as she tried to look for her phone. It was already past eight. She decided to skip classes since she’s guarding Sunhee.

“Sunhee…you’re stuck with me for today.” She smiled at herself, as she left the room. She looked at that spot where she saw him. It was the same, she felt like the need to sit there.

As tried to sit, she smiled to herself.  She pinked as she tried to get up. “I’m going to cheer up, kay?”

She said as she darted off to the nearest convenience store. She bought some things Sunhee needed as the doctor said she’d be discharged tomorrow afternoon. She bought some fruits, foods and toiletries. Mrs. Lee said that she would be going there to deliver Jihae and Sunhee’s change of clothes.

She got back quickly, wondering if Sunhee was awoke already. But, still she was not. Well, she was a sleepyhead for starters BEFORE. But, when she came to Seoul, she was always getting busy putting on her make up right after she woke up.

She was totally Jihae’s opposite. Jihae lived in a paradise called the dreamland, while Sunhee lived in the real world.

“I’m jealous of how she could accept this crumbling world.” Jihae uttered on her breath. She went to the small fridge and filled it with the fruits and food she bought just a while ago. She went to the information desk of the hospital to call Mrs. Lee.  She found out that she was on her way and to not worry.

“Thank you, Mrs. Lee.” She hanged up, ending the call.

Seeing that Sunhee was not waking up any time soon, she tried to recollect her thoughts. She now went outside of the hospital, at the back of it. She wasn’t sure if the garden stood there but she was hopeful.

Then, there came the beautiful garden. There were lilies, marigolds and roses planted. The butterflies flew by the wind as they were fluttering around like fairies did.

It felt like the Garden of Eden. And, she saw the hundreds of people busily tending their sick relatives if they needed something. Some are hopeful that they could go back to their usual life, some weren’t. They threw the food their relative gave away as they were grumpy and looked stern.

Jihae knew of this that she should cherish her life as she could live normally like many others. This was also why she wanted to see him because life was too short, she wouldn’t want to leave regrets behind.

She peered at the middle of the garden, at the fountain. It wasn’t an ordinary fountain. It was a wishing fountain. Many people tried to drop coins in there. If Sunhee would wake up, Jihae wanted to throw coins and wished with her. It would be a thrilling experience. She looked at the windows in the infrastructure. She gasped as she looked at Sunhee who was looking at her.

She ran back to the hospital at the fourth floor where Sunhee was.

“Sunhee-yah!!” She shrieked, alarming some of the patients on the same room.

“What took you so long?”

Sunhee was well enough to talk but she knew she was truly fatigued by the culture shock she had.

“I’m hungry.” She grumbled, pointing at the mini fridge.

“Yeah, I both you something.” She let out her favorite fruit, the strawberry and handed a couple of it to her.

“Woah~ Strawberries, thanks Jihae-yah.” But, her face fell. “Who would pay the hospital bills?”

“Huh? Do not worry about it my parents would send money for this.”

“You really have everything.” Sunhee sighed, as she played with the strawberry. She shoved them on , munching rapidly.

“What is this again?” Jihae did not like her tone.

“Nothing.” Sunhee’s face slightly curved into a smile.

There came Mrs. Lee who looked pretty worried about Sunhee. She gave a handful of clothes for both Jihae and Sunhee. She really liked Sunhee but didn’t like Jihae much. She didn’t know but her eyes wouldn’t lie to her. Park Jihae would never ever be normal for her. She had this scent lingering around her that she was truly weird and needed something to be called normal.

Maybe, if she would fall in love she’d be…not so emotionless that Mrs. Lee would think that she was a human being.

“Park Jihae, go home and try to ask for your homeworks for the day. You also need to rest.”

Jihae’s face conjured into disbelief. “I…I see.” She scratched her head. “Well, I’d be going then.”

“Annyeong~ Jihae.”  Sunhee waved.

“Mnm.” She replied, with a tone of disappointment. She never got to face the Infinite boys again, especially how she was particularly weird with all seven of them.

 

As it was now time for dismissal in there, she was alarmed as she saw Woohyun peering his small eyes on her.

“Nam Woohyun-sshi.” She hid her face. She didn’t want to him ever since Sunhee declared that she liked her.

“What’s up with the formality? You can call me Oppa I told you already.” Woohyun patted her shoulder. He crouched down near on her eye level; he tried to touch his forehead.

Jihae shoved his hand away. Woohyun looked baffled at her.

“Yah! Play nice.” L shot her a look. She didn’t notice that the six guys were nearing Woohyun.

She made a face, not liking that they were here again. Infinite normally had all eyes of them even without Jihae slightly slapping Woohyun’s arm. Woohyun tried to look at her, his face creased.

“Hyung…” Sungjong tried to pat his shoulder.

Without realizing it, Woohyun pinked. “It was the first a girl did that to me.”

“Pabo-yah… This just clearly states how much she doesn’t like you.” Dongwoo commented, his face still fixated on Jihae’s drifting silhouette.

“After coming this far…” Sungyeol tried to send their stares. He was the one whom the others took the liberty to hand notes to as he was the one who carried it all up to here.

“Aish. This girl really is strange.” Hoya dismissed his thoughts, “I’ll just follow her.”

 

Jihae was about to hail a taxi when someone tugged on her arms. She looked baffled as it was the same thing that person did on his dreams. Her eyes grew even more wide as she saw that it was Hoya.

“Hey…” Hoya beamed.

“What is it?” She looked pretty cheeky, different from her friendly side that she showed to the Infinite boys.

“Come here for a while.”

“No…don’t.”

“Hey, don’t…”

Jihae scratched his face with her claw-like hand. Her fingernails made Hoya’s face to lightly have a scratch. A blood dripped on it whilst Hoya didn’t mind.

“I…I’m sorry.” Jihae sifted through her pocket, looking for her handkerchief.

“I said I’m okay.” Hoya just let her wipe off the blood.

“No, you’re not. I’m sorry…” She then rummaged at her things on her bag and tried to give her a cute duck adhesive bandage.

Hoya pinked. “Thanks.”

“No, I should be the one to…”

“Just come with me…” Hoya tugged on her arm which Jihae grew even more stressed.

He acts the same way as him.

Jihae gulped as she was face with Woohyun. Woohyun came to her and handed her some notes.

“I asked some of the girls to take down notes for me…and I handed it to you.” He looked weird as he handed the English notes for the day.

“And, here is the math lectures….” L shoved it to her.

“Thanks, Kim Myungsoo….”

“Don’t call me Myungsoo.” He scoffed.

“Why?”

“Only the girl I like would be the one to call me that.”

“Talk about being cheesy.” Sunggyu nudged him. “You’re too old-fashioned.”

L pinked. “Whatever. “

“You’re too moody.” Sungjong couldn’t contain his laughter.

“Yeah, ‘coz it’s hot today.” Hoya considered it as the real reason.

“Well…thanks guys.” Jihae saw how there were welling up tears on her face.

“Don’t cry, drama queen.” L tried to wipe her tears away, inching his hand near her face. Jihae gasped, taken aback.

 

Somehow, a long chapter.

No classes for today.

Yieeh~ <3

fasdfjklsdgjklfk.