"I'm here."

Like A Dream

chapter one.

Jihae-yah!” Jihae heard some knocks on her door.

She was located at the far-off near to rooftop room where she resided just recently. She ran away from home, expecting a great load of happiness after stepping onto the gravel road of Seoul. She wasn’t used to being alone and independent but she gritted her teeth and tried to swallow her pride.

“Coming…” She said, getting up from her bed. She reached for her alarm clock and was truly alarmed by it. It was past seven and she needed to go to school before eight o’clock. She hurriedly arranged the bed sheets in place and tried to open the door.

Mrs. Lee, who looked stern while looking at her, saw her bed hairs. Jihae nodded as she got to the bathroom. She went to the bathroom as the girls who were brushing their teeth ready to leave saw her.

Her face was porcelain white, and her eyelashes were long and pretty. Her skin was soft and her eyes were tantalizing, enough to mesmerize every one of them. Jihae looked at the mirror and reached for a brush. She decided to smooth out the bed hairs and put on her glasses. The moment she yawned loudly like a man the girls gasped behind her. She was a trapped man on a supermodel’s body.

But, there was still a glow on Jihae’s face as she marched out of the bathroom. Everyone’s eyes were still fixated on her as she rushed off to the dining hall. There were only a few people in there, as she got herself a meal for breakfast. She trailed her eyes off the other girls and saw a particular person.

“SUNHEE!!!” She waved passionately.

Sunhee who was facing her back, choked at the spot. She reached for a glass of cold water and swallowed her food. She paused for a while, and then tilted her head. “Care to join along?” she gestured.

“Yeah, I’d do so.” Jihae neared the table occupied already by Sunhee’s fans. She was giving them a lot of tips about love and other sorts. Something that Sunhee was not truly used to, she probably was thinking that if she read the papers and articles she was more than informed.

Sunhee stole a glance on Jihae as she grabbed a toast. She felt disappointed on Jihae’s curvy body as she was desperately aiming for it even before. They came from the south part of South Korea as they transferred there because of Jihae’s own reasons. Jihae got up and tried to dump the tray on the washing area. She gave Sunhee a last smile, and tried to slang her bag on her shoulder.

“Wait, I’m also going.” Sunhee followed Jihae out of the dormitory.

Sunhee tried to act all high and mighty, while Jihae tried to hide her face from everyone passing by them. Sunhee looked so pretty with a light makeup on but Jihae didn’t bother to even put powder on her face. She was contented to have nothing put on her face which she felt burdensome.

“You’re really fast considering how late you woke up.”

“I’m not like the other girls.” She commented.

“You used to be so pretty…” Sunhee sighed.

“Well…that’s not for you to meddle about.” They arrived at the bus stop and hailed for the bus to halt. They got on as they surveyed for empty seats. But to no avail, there wasn’t. Since it was the start of the year, many students going to different schools were fitting themselves on the cramped bus. As Sunhee and Jihae were looking, someone stood up pointing at Sunhee.

“Ahgassi, here.” The twenty-something guy announced.

Sunhee brightened up and thanked the guy whole-heartedly. She plopped herself on the seat, bouncing off. She thanked her light make-up that made her face look flawlessly white, hiding away her acne marks. She looked grateful, but deep inside; she continued to believe that it was the fruit of her labor. Jihae just looked absent-minded as she looked at her happy-go-lucky friend.

She still remembered how Sunhee tagged along with her, unbeknownst of her own reasons.

 

The Past

Jihae used to be such a cute person. She was full of smiles and laughs and not minding the constant stares of the people around her. Everyone loved her company. Many people loved to hear her play the piano or the guitar. They loved hear her beautiful voice while plastering a deep smile on her face. They enjoyed seeing her kick the ball, not minding the dirt on her face. She was nagged by her dongsaengs to teach her about the lesson for the day but never got angry to them.

She was a perfect model, not to mention, a near-to-perfection person. She always kept someone beside her. Many people thought that she was her psychic but Jihae regarded her as a true and nice friend truly dear and close to her heart.

“WHAT?! YOU’RE GOING TO SEOUL?!” Sunhee rose from her seat, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah…” Jihae adjusted the eyeglasses on the bridge of her nose. “Does this look fine on me?” she pointed at the glasses.

Sunhee shook her head. “Why do you need to go there?”

“I’m looking for him.” Jihae uttered sheepishly. It was her turn to rise from her seat. “Well, I needed to go and buy some plane tickets at the end of the day. I’d be visiting Seoul.”

“WHAT?!” Sunhee looked baffled. She was observing her friend’s strange behavior recently. She followed along and darted off to go out of the classroom. Sunhee’s face looked unreadable, acting like a nice follower of Jihae.

“You know, what?” Jihae muttered, sensing that Sunhee would follow her all the way to the depths of hell. “Do you want to tag along with me?”

“Could I?!” Sunhee didn’t mind going to Seoul. She knew that many opportunities would knock on her doors. Just thinking about the hot guys of Seoul, her face looked pure and innocent.

“I thought so.” Jihae nodded, marching off to leave. Sunhee trailed her eyes off. “Let’s go then.”

“Really?!” Sunhee beamed.

“Sunhee-yah..do you know what I’ve been telling you all this while?” Jihae opened the topic. Sunhee seemed not to care as Jihae continued along. “I’ve been dreaming of this guy every damn night of my life. He’s perfect, pure and in my dreams, I love him so much.”

“Why do you look so desperate?” Sunhee noted, her friend was acting really weird.

“I’ve always been living according to how my parents want me. I hate my life. I feel so sick and tired of it.”

Sunhee wanted to mentally smack her friend. If only Jihae could know how Sunhee viewed her life to be perfect. And, Jihae too. She was truly perfect for Sunhee. Jihae wouldn’t imagine how Sunhee would want her life.

“One question, are you truly dumping your life right now just to go there?” Sunhee remarked. Jihae faltered, her friend truly knew her the most.

“Yeah…do you want to come to Seoul with me?”

Remembering those past memories, Sunhee was happy that she got the spot Jihae left behind. She looked thrilled and contented. Why would an ulzzang girl throw away her almost perfect life just to find that person she’s constantly dreaming about? When Sunhee first heard of it and tried to analyze the thoughts, Jihae might even go to the mental hospital. She was being insane for goodness’ sake.

How could a genius such as she become a prey of the society’s need for dreams to come true. Jihae was Sunhee’s dreams after all. She honestly couldn’t figure out why Jihae’s life could be boring.

“Now…I’m here.” Jihae said to herself as she stormed on the Woolim High. It was only open to prestigious students of high stature in life. Thank God Jihae was dreaming of this school, it wasn’t that hard for her to convince her parents to fund her bills even just a little.

This school was her first destination and as she set her feet on the gravel road, her own few thoughts got her mind clouded. She envisioned how she could have him pay attention to him. She wanted to face the challenges of getting close to him. And, for the first time in her life… she wanted to be happy and try to work hard on achieving her goals.

Sunhee shook her head in amazement. She couldn’t believe that behind them were seven ulzzang guys. She only knew them on live television, she held on Jihae’s uniform and whispered to her ears for only her to hear, “Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong. “She squealed, controlling her happiness.

“Who…are they?” Jihae’s mouth ran dry. She had seen this image on one of her dreams.

 

First chappie up!!

Please do comment.