Chapter 8

That Pair of Eyes...

 

 

 

CH 8 ;

 

 

 

"No! Sistar's going to win!" Ji Hee threw a pillow at you and turned back to the television as the scores started to tabulate on the screen.

"Dream on!" You stuck a tongue out at her, "4 Minute's going to win!"

"Bet on it?!" Ji Hee grabbed the pillow back from you without tearing her eyes off the screen.

"If you lose, you change your ringtone to Oppa Gangnam Style!" You screamed as the results were starting to add up.

"I dare you to strike a conversation with the new guy in front of us if you lose!" Ji Hee shouted back at the last moment before the final results were shown on the screen.

"You're on with it!" You replied thoughtlessly.

"Congratulations to Sistar!" The emcee passed a bouquet of roses and the microphone over to Sistar for them to deliver their speech.

You sat there, stoning as you watched 4 Minute congratulate Sistar on stage while Ji Hee jumped on the sofa, boasting about how she knew Sistar would win. You cursed her silently in your head that she would just fall off the sofa while jumping. Oops? Okay, let's take it as that cruel thought has never crossed your mind before.

"Can the both of you just shut up?! I swear my eardrums are going to burst someday!" Jae Ah slammed the fridge door after she finished her ranting.

"Just care about the flour on your face first..." You mumbled before collapsing on the floor, "Did you see how sad 4 Minute was?! My poor girls..."

"Tomorrow before home period, go and strike a conversation with him. Got it? Loser!" Ji Hee made a letter 'L'  with her fingers and placed it on her forehead with an expression on her face that screams "I love watching you suffer!". You rolled your eyes and hugged your knees as you sat on the floor, sinking deep in thoughts. What do I say to him? He's so cold... Would he find me irritating? What if he ignores me?

"Done!" Jae Ah and Seo Hee each held a plate of cupcakes and cookies that they had baked while you and Ji Hee were in fangirl mode.

You stood up from your position, heavy hearted and overloaded with worry. "Can you change the punishment?" You begged Ji Hee.

"Dream on. I had to live for a week without 'Krisus', you know how painful that is?" She dramatically wiped a few imaginary tears away from her cheeks.

"Fine... You're so cruel!" You looked away and started brainstorming things to talk to Byunghun about as Ji Hee started to sing "Heartless, mindless, no one who cares about you," continued with "Nobody cares about your suffering. Mehrong!"

Oh my goodness. Now tell me, how did I even get on such good terms with such a heartless girl?

No, you could not think of anything to talk to Byunghun about. You knew nuts about rapping or composing or singing. You only knew how to dance. You had no idea what was his favourite colour or food. You only knew about his eyes, and his eyes only. All you knew was that the deep look in his eyes had a story hidden behind it. And to top it off, his anti-social attitude made it hard for you to even say "Hi" to him. What can you possibly say to him? Absolutely nothing. You gave up and munched on the cookies, deciding to just go along with the flow the next day.

 

------------------------------

 

You noticed that Byunghun had been using his right hand to graze the wall as he walked up the staircase and towards the classroom.

Not that you were stalking him or creeping up on him. You merely happened to be walking behind him after exiting the dormitary area.

Byunghun continued to feel the wall as he walked with his eyes glued to the floor. What was so interesting about the floor? Nothing. People with low self-esteem just cannot get themselves to keep their head up as they walk.

He has his sense of sight now. Regardless, if he does not have a wall to graze his hands on, he can not walk with a sense of security. Walls were the only thing that guided him around for years after all.

Some people whom the new student walked past started to gossip about him sticking to the wall and him using braille. Nevertheless, there were still fangirls who were bugging him to accept their personally made lunchboxes.

You took a seat beside him and glanced behind you. "Now!" Ji Hee mouthed with an exaggerated action.

You turned back to the front and cleared your throat, fiddling with your phone.

Just the thought of having to talk to him sent chills running down your spine.

As much as you wanted to learn more about him, you did not want to dig your own grave. You looked at Ji Hee pathetically, trying to gain some sympathy points. All she did was to point at Byunghun and mouth "Faster". Heartless person she is... Does she not know how cold Byunghun is?

You slowly turned to him and muttered a "Hi" before mentally slapping yourself for being so awkward.

He looked at you for a split second before looking away again.

Embarrassed, you looked back at your clique, who was now pretending not to acknowledge you looking at them at all.

You stared at Byunghun again, gazing at his perfect brown orbs.

Unknowingly, you blurted out something you did not plan to say at all.

"Your eyes are pretty..."

Byunghun stopped whatever he was doing and stopped to think.

My eyes? Pretty?
Did she not hear the rumours that I am blind?
Or is she just being sarcastic?

He hates it when people compliments "his" eyes, which were supposedly someone else's.

"My eyes?" He smirked sacarstically, "On behalf of the owner, thanks."

No. You had not seen that coming your way.

Your eyes shifted about uncomfortably and you kept quiet, not knowing what to do.

On behalf of the owner?

What was that supposed to mean?

 

 

 

A/N; School is killing me ;~; Finally the quote made it into a chapter! ~~~ Hehehhh xD  Hope you enjoyed the update! ^^ Thank you to all who commented, subscribed and upvoted this story! Jeongmal saranghaeyo /throws hearts/

ChunJoe OMG *-* No not on the stage, Chunji. I know he's irresistable but still-