Chapter 11

That Pair of Eyes...

 

 

 

CH 11 ;

 

 

 

You trudged your way to the classroom, not knowing what to feel. You were numbed with a dozen mixed emotions. The class was in a big mess. Fangirls were crowding all over your desk because of Byunghun.

You reached your desk and slammed your books on the table despite not having the means to do so. You were frustrated and irritated by the tiniest of things. You were deprived of sleep, and any one who got into your bad books today will be doomed for sure.

The girls threw you dirty looks as you slumped into your chair and unwillingly left Byunghun.

"Thanks..." He muttered.

You looked at him in ultimate shock. Did he just talk to you again? Something must have gotten into him...

"For?" You replied, sounding a little less happy than intended.

"Getting those people to leave." He played with the volume buttons at the side of his phone.

"Well I didn't exactly got them to leave..." You mumbled.

"What?" He cocked his head to the side and stared at you for a second before looking at the table.

"Erm. No biggie!" You tried to reply cheerfully and quickly pried your eyes off him. You found that you could not get yourself to look at him in the eyes.

There was no reason for you to be angry and upset with him just because you found out that he was blind through a Youtube video.

The was no reason for him to disclose his past to you either.

Why?

Simply because the relationship between the both of you is just under the category 'classmates'.

Classmates who barely knew each other, to be precise.

You knew more about him now, but it felt as though you invaded his personal space.

Why were thoughts of him haunting you all day long?

Deprived of sleep, you thought, all thanks to Lee Byunghun, this anti social idiot.

Apparently, you were unable to sleep the previous night because you were busy tossing and turning in bed, thinking of Byunghun being blind and the treatment he received from people who judged him. Before you knew it, the sun crept up the horizon again and there went your beauty sleep.

You turned to your right and stole a glance at Byunghun. He could see well now, couldn't he?

As you propped your head up on a hand to look out of the window, you suddenly thought of the skinship you shared with Byunghun again.

A slight curve unknowingly played on your lips and a familiar shade of red started to haunt your cheeks again.

Should you keep mum about what you found out or should you clear your doubts with Byunghun?

It was hard work getting this guy to break off just that tiny part of his wall... Before the rest falls, I better not give him reason to build up that wall again...

You decided to keep quiet about it.

Why was he always on your mind anyways?

It was the millionth time you asked yourself that question, yet there was never a proper reply to it. It was always excuses, you admitted to yourself.

"Choi Haneul, would you pay attention?!"

Your reverie was rudely interrupted by Mrs Kim calling your name in a not-so-happy tone.

Flushing in embarrassment, you quickly nodded and sank into your chair as if it would cover you from the looks your classmates were giving you.

You often daydreamed in class, and teachers rarely called out your name to bring you back to Earth because they were fine with you building sandcastles in the air, as long as you did well in the various subjects.

"As I said, you all will be doing a project. It shall be done in pairs."

"Byunghun op-"

"Before you all start making a commotion, your partners will be the person sitting beside you!" Mrs Kim raised her voice so as to sound firm. She was fast enough to say that, because students could not even finish their sentence.

Almost all the females were cursing you internally at that very moment-- You could feel the arrows shooting at you from all directions already.

Sighs and complaints about how they hated their partner could be heard from literally every pair in the class.

With an exception of you and Byunghun of course, which was, as usual, sitting quietly and awkwardly beside each other.

Hold on. What was this project all about anyways?

What is life... You breathed, bashing yourself up internally for not having paid attention while Mrs Kim was explaining.

You decided to play it cool anyways. You stayed silent. Well, that was all you could do right? You could not possibly ask Byunghun, "Hey, wassup, what's the project about huh? I was daydreaming while teacher was explaining."

Heck, no, that sounded stupid.

"We'll go home and do some research first and then we'll go to the library this Saturday to discuss further. Okay?"

You stared wide-eyed at Byunghun, lips slightly apart. Did a long sentence just come out of his mouth? Yes, it sure was him talking.

Goodness. When it comes to academics, he can actually talk this much?

It was not that you did not see him as human. But he carried himself as a guy with low self esteem that could not maintain eye contact for long; a guy that was anti-social.

Not that you did not know what the reason is for him being like this though.

"Okay." You finally replied.

"11 in the morning?"

You nodded your head.

You thought you saw the ends of his lips go upwards a little bit.

Must be my eyes playing tricks on me... I'm deprived of sleep so my eyes are playing tricks with me... Yup, it has to be this way...

You watched as Byunghun let his index finger slide over a page of a storybook made in braille before gazing at the morning sky outside the windows again.

This time, you found yourself thinking about the meeting with Byunghun the coming Saturday.

Heck, were you actually excited?

No, Choi Haneul.

No way.

Stupid heart, slow down a little...


 

 

 

 

 

A/N;

119 subscribers, 11 upvotes. Honestly, I have never expected this story to even reach 50 subscribers. But now I'm barely through the halfway mark of the story and it has surpassed 100 subscribers. I really don't know how to put my feelings in words now but thank you so much for staying with me despite my slow updates.

I promise to update as quickly as possible ^^ My exams are nearing and I have to study hard for it!

Also, I'm so sorry for the crappy chapter :( But I felt the urge to update still. 

I love all of you 

 

 

 

 

This has been so long yet I can't get over it xD GAH. FEELS.

Oh, and can you all please do me a favour by taking a few seconds to vote for this poll? ^^ Thank you! <3