Chapter 13

That Pair of Eyes...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CH 13 ;

 

 

Byunghun looked up from his mobile phone the moment he saw you walk into the library. You awkwardly walked towards him, left hand holding onto your guitar which seemingly got heavier when you walked to school.

At that very moment when you were about to break the ice and greet him with a soft "hello", the hair on your arms started to stand on ends and you suddenly realised that the cool air from the air conditioner was blowing in your direction. You clenched your teeth together and tried to fight back from shivering.

No, you had not even felt that cold sensation when you walked in because you were too nervous the moment you saw the rapper sitting on the chair. His side profile was simply intoxicating as you noticed the slightest of movement he made, even the graceful rising and falling of his shoulders whenever he breathed in. 
Hold on. 
Graceful?
You bit the inside of your cheeks at the adjective you used to describe his breathing. 
Breathing.
How can the way someone breathe be graceful?!

However, you were too busy hyperventilating over how charming Byunghun was that you missed out on how the latter's eyes sparkled when he caught sight of the guitar in your hands.

There was an awkward sound of a cough, followed by another awkward "Have you erm... Printed out the stuff... For the project?..."

Stuff? Seriously, stuff? Why did you even use that word?! And of course she did her research! You must have a hole in your brain or something... She must be thinking how much of an idiot you are...

"Yup!" You cheerfully replied, hoping to drive away the oh-so-awkward situation, "Shall we start?"

Taking a seat opposite Byunghun, you unpacked the materials you prepared for the project and avoided eye contact with Byunghun despite knowing it will be even more awkward if you look at everywhere else but him.

You did not know why you always avoided eye contact with him.
Was it because of the video you came across on Youtube, or was it because it was just that awkward?

Awkward. 
Especially when the school is so quiet, with almost everyone going home for the weekends.
And of course not to say, the both of you were alone with the librarian in the extremely cold library.

"Erm... Shall we start...?" You choked out in an almost inaudible volume.

"Yeah... We should..." He replied you with the same volume you used earlier on and placed his own papers on the table.

And I am more than glad to tell you, you are very welcome to assume that the next few hours ticked by in that way.

Because it certainly did.

 

 

• • • • • •

 

You pulled the thumbdrive out of the laptop and kept it safely in your bag, stealing a glance at the guy opposite you who was switching off the laptop.

"So... You play the guitar?" Byunghun punched himself square in the face internally because one would not bring around a guitar for no reason.

You sat up the moment you heard him ask such a random question, "Yeah, I do." You eyed your guitar, "Do you?"

He shook his head, "Only the piano..."

Sensing his self-consciousness as he revealed the fact that he does not know how to play the guitar, you replied him with the hope of making him less self-conscious, "I don't know how to play the piano either." You watched as his gaze yet again settled on your guitar.

"You're interested in learning how to play the guitar?" You asked, raising an eyebrow, and somewhat finding yourself captivated by his eyes which were so full of emotions.  
That particular sentence found its way back to you once again.
"On behalf of the owner, thanks."

This guy sitting opposite you was just so mysterious you had no choice but to wonder so much about him.

"Yeah, I've been wanting to learn it for years but-"

Byunghun paused mid-sentence, caught in a daze. 
He had almost told somebody that he was blind.

"But?" The sound of your voice jolted him out of his reverie.

"Nothing." Byunghun shrugged it off as naturally as he could so as to not arouse suspicion within you.

"Oh..." You grinded your teeth and played with your fingers under the table, contemplating whether or not to ask him if he wanted...

"Do you want me to teach you?" You blurted out.

It caught both and Byunghun off guard. You were clenching your fists so hard from your own recklessness. Why had you let that question slip from your tongue?!

Byunghun's circulatory system seemed to fail him for a moment as he stared a hole into the table. He really wanted to learn how to play the guitar, but he had no idea how to say "yes".

Something was definitely wrong with him, he thought to himself ad he brainstormed a million ideas on how to say "yes" to you.

"I mean-" You shook your head vigorously as you tried to explain yourself before giving up and continuing with "I know I'm random bu-"

"Okay." Came a soft reply from the latter.

You blinked. What did you just hear from him?

"I don't have a guitar though..."

You blinked again.

"You may use mine!" You replied enthusiastically before slapping yourself mentally as the librarian shot a glare in your direction.

 

 

 

 

A/N;

Updated as promised in the story feed yesterday! ^^ Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! :) 

Oh, and a biiig WELCOME to all the new subscribers! I was so happy and surprised that there were still new subscribers despite me not updating fast! <3 You all make my day ^^

School holidays are over... :( But I'll try my best to update more often! :D

Lastly, I want to thank all of you (Okay, I know I do this everytime I update .__.) I was being random earlier on and I went to browse fanfiction under "Ljoe" tag. I scrolled down and there "That Pair of Eyes..." was at the third page under "Most Upvoted" ! Then I went to search the "Byunghun" tag and this fanfic was at the first page under both "Most subscribers" and "Most upvoted"! It was totally unexpected! I really really want to thank all of you so much.

This fanfic will never be able to reach where it is today without all of you <3 Gomawoyo! <3