Chapter 4

That Pair of Eyes...

 

 

CH 4 ;

 

"Lee Byunghun" , the sign read. No doubt it was him. Byunghun trudged his way towards the man dressed smartly in a black tuxedo, dragging his bulky luggage behind him.

"Lee Byunghun?" The man asked as he put down the sign and extended his right arm for a handshake, "I'm Mr Choi, the discipline master of Seoul Arts School."

Byunghun returned the gesture formally and bowed a little.

"My flight was delayed by an hour. My apologies..." Byunghun felt the bugging need to apologize as he tagged along behind Mr Choi to the car.

"It's okay. I chose to pick you up personally anyway, since I was afraid you would get lost." He unlocked the car door and walked over to him, "I'll help you with this." He took Byunghun's luggage and placed it at the boot of the car in a swift motion.

"Thanks..." Byunghun mumbled as he got into the car and fastened his seatbelt.

"You haven't been back for years, have you?"

"14 years." Byunghun replied without maintaining eye contact, looking out at the bustling city of Seoul in slight amazement.
 

------------------------------

 

"Here's the key," Mr Choi passed them to Byunghun, "Room 6. You're sharing the room with a guy from the same homeroom as you. You can find out the dormitory rules from him."

Byunghun nodded his head and set foot towards his dormitory. He hated the fact that he had to share the room with another person, but could not find the courage to voice it out to Mr Choi. Sharing a dormitory room meant no privacy at all. Byunghun had already started to bear a tinge of hatred towards his innocent room mate who have not done anything but agree to share his room with the new transfer student from California.

He unlocked the door and stepped inside, leaving his shoes neatly on the rack. Leaving his luggage carelessly beside the bed in which he assumed was his, he collapsed onto the bed and took a quick glance around the room.

At that very moment, the door clicked open. Byunghun continued to lie at the position he had been in for the past few minutes, not even bothering to wonder about how his roommate looks like.

"Oh, annyeong!" A high pitched voice chirped, "You must be Byunghun, right?"

Byunghun used his elbow to prop himself up to a sitting position, staring at the blonde hair guy standing before him blankly.

Despite Byunghun remaining silent, that guy continued, "You're so awesome! You got accepted just with your audition video! You gotta let me check out the audition piece you sent in someday!"

Byunghun started to feel greatly  frustrated by this guy before him, who was literally talking non-stop. He was still experiencing jet lag after being on the aeroplane for many hours, and this was only adding to his irritation.

"Have Mr Choi told you the dorm rules?" The blondie asked him.

Byunghun, upon hearing about the dorm rules being brought up, perked his head up and maintained eye contact with that cheery guy for a little while before looking away. Being a person with low self-esteem, he could never establish eye contact for long. Regardless of how pissed off he was now, he had to know the dormitary rules. Finally this blondie is talking about something that does not fall under the category 'nonsense'.

"So? Has he or has he not?" The blonde guy tilted his head out of curiosity.

Byunghun shook his head.

"Do you even talk..." The blondie muttered before telling Byunghun about the dormitary rules.

"Oh by the way, my name is Chan Hee! Just call me Chunji." The blonde guy randomly said when the both of them were about to turn in for the night.

Byunghun kept quiet, swearing to himself that if that annoying blondie were to talk again, he would be more than generous to donate his punches he had been keeping in to that guy.

"You're good looking," Chunji remarked casually, "Just saying."

Byunghun switched off the lightstand at his bedside and pulled the covers up till his neck, not denying to himself that what Chunji had just said boosted his self esteem, only by a tiny bit. He wanted to thank Chunji for being the first person to say he is good looking. He had never been complimented for his looks before; only bullied by others for his disability.

Of course, that wall that isolates him from the world stopped the two words, 'thank you' from leaving his mouth.

Byunghun turned to the side and stared at Chunji's bed before shifting his gaze to somewhere else, his eyelids growing heavier as he slowly started giving in to exhaustion.

 

 

A/N;

You sense some ChunJoe awaiting, eh?~ Sorry for making you all wait! School, exams, homework, CCA, tuitions... It's driving me crazy >< 32 subscribers and 3 upvotes already! You all really make my day whenever I see a new subber, comment or upvote. Really, thank you 

I don't have nice handwriting, neither am I blessed with artistic talent ~ But I just had to show my gratitude and appreciation to all of you ^^