Wait For Me!!!

One Good Reason

 

I hope Yunho got that letter under his door last night. What if it was the wrong room? What if he thought it was garbage that blew underneath it, and just threw it away?

 

Elyse has been my solace and comfort all morning. Geez, I wish I wasn't so shy around new people and met her sooner. I need to remember to ask for her number so we can keep in touch, or something.

 

I stupidly forget to do my laundry for the few days, and am stuck wearing a little white dress and heels...it would look stupid with flip flops, and it was supposed to be for the nice dinner tonight. Only I don't have any other clothes to wear before then. Kill me now.

 

If Yunho's going to the Seine River later, he's going to see me. IN A THIN WHITE DRESS. I'm stressed beyond belief.

 

Before we leave for the day, Elyse insists on doing my hair. I mean, we've only known each other for a day, but from the sweats I was wearing yesterday, doesn't she get I don't like to be dolled up?

 

Eh, who cares at this point? She's right, I spend too much time caring about an outward appearance that I'm neglecting what's inside. Not just with me, but for everyone. That's why I agree to let her do my hair...because I want to change.

 

Turns out Elyse can't do hair. So it ends up being clipped back and simply being it's normal wavy self. In a way, I hope Yunho doesn't get my letter, because I look horrendous. Yes, appearances aren't everything, I know that. I would just feel better if appearances weren't a majority of everything.

 

Our group is ushered into a tiny little motor boat to send us all along the Seine. Oh, great, how am I going to talk to Yunho now? I begin to drum my fingers on my lap, and Elyse grabs my left hand, signaling to stop. She doesn't look at me, but I know she's thinking the same thing. It'll all work out. I close my eyes as we sail along the river.

 

I keep my eyes closed as I can hear the water rippling underneath the motor. It's almost nostalgic, sailing slowly on the crisp, cool water of the Seine. Even if I am uncomfortable, being on the water is refreshing, and I slowly drift off into my own mind.

 

“Mona...?”

 

“Uh...what?” I drool, rubbing my eyes. “What's wrong, Elyse?” I ask her, trying to wake up. I guess my eyes were closed a little longer than I realized.

 

“Uhm...when you're all there, look out across the river.” she says monotonously.

 

Once most of the sleep is rubbed from my eyes, I open them, only to squint into the distant setting sun. I try to focus on the people along the shore, but my gaze is attracted to one person in particular.

 

He's holding up a large white poster board, with child-like handwriting scribbled on one side. I can't really see without my glasses for distance, but it looks like it says... “MoNa Ellrik...?” Oh...

 

“Are you alright?” Elyse asks, standing slightly to check my face. She hears me sniffle.

 

“I've been so horrible to him, and look at him,” I whisper, pointing out the side of the boat to Yunho. “He's trying to get my attention...still. Do you think he'll forgive me for being such a jerk?”

 

She smiles and sits back down. She pats my leg like a mother would. “I dunno,” she answers truthfully. “Why don't you say hello, and ask him?”

 

I jolt up, grasping the bar that's supposed to hold passengers on the boat. I start our ritual. “HI!!!!” I scream on the top of my lungs. “HI JUNG YUNHO OPPA!!!” I lean over the boat, waving one hand, while clutching onto the bar with the other.

 

The poster board lowers slightly. I wave more profusely. “HI YUNHO OPPA!” I scream again.

 

One of the chaperones tries to pull me away, but Elyse stands in her way. I can't make out what she's telling the chaperone, but whatever she's doing is more than I can repay.

 

I need to talk to him.

 

“Hi!” I can hear faintly. Oh, thank God, he's talking to me. “Hi, Mona Elrich!” he shouts, waving one hand back.

 

“Wait for me!” I cry out, my voice cracking. I cough. Great. This is exactly why I don't like singing...my voice is an unpredictable mess. There's no telling how many more times I can yell before I can't talk louder than a whisper. I could keep shouting all day, or once more, there's no telling when my vocal chords will pull the plug on my volume and go “Whoa, there, little lady, that's quite enough out of you.”

 

“Okay!” he replies, his voice getting fainter and less distinguished. I can see him shuffling with the poster, following the path of the boat from the shore. It brings tears to my eyes at how innocent and pure he is.

 

Elyse and the chaperone are having it out right now, I can here it more clearly than before. But right now, I don't have a care in the world. I'll have to send her a care package every day and make her the godmother of all of my future children before I can make this up to her. I bring my other hand onto the bar and squeeze down on it. I close my eyes once more, feel the cool breeze on my bare skin, and let the rippling of the water take me back to shore and to Yunho.

_____________________________________________________

Dragon note~

I'm sorry I haven't updated this story much lately >.< School keeps me nice and preoccupied :/

Enjoy~ I love this story so much lolz ♥