Too Little Too Late. But I'll Fix This...After All, I'm "The One"

One Good Reason

 

Our tour of the Eiffel Tower seemed to drag on forever, and then on top of that, on the way back, the traffic was so bad from the rain that we got back to the hotel around closing time.

 

Our chaperones went to check on the weather for tomorrow, when one of them comes up to me.

 

“Mona?”

 

Oh no, are they going to chew me out for running back into the hotel this morning? Elyse already gave them my alibi...I was feeling sick because I had started eating. That's why I don't eat in the mornings, to avoid that sickness.

 

“One of the receptionists would like to speak to you.”

 

What? I shoot Elyse a confused look, which she also responds with. She shrugs, and then walks off with the others back to the room.

 

I make my way up to the front desk. “Uhm, I'm Mona Elrich...is there a problem?” I ask nervously.

 

“Oh, so you're the one,” a woman giggles with a French accent. She leans on her left hand, giving me a swift one-over. She doesn't seem repulsed, so I continue on.

 

“Um, 'the one'?” I ask. “I'm afraid I don't know what you mean.”

 

“Someone else who was staying here has been in the lobby all day looking for a 'Mona Elrich',” she says kindly. “I suppose that was you?”

 

Looking all day for me? Wait...was staying here?

 

“Uhm, well, yes, that is my name,” I say, shrinking down with my faltering self-confidence. “But, you say someone was looking for me?”

 

“Oh, oui,” she replies in French. “He's was a tall, confused looking man. Quite pretty, too. You know, you look like a good match for him. You're quite pretty as well.”

 

“R-really?” I blush, trying to shield my face and my frizzy hair. “Th-thank you. Uhm...did he say anything? Like, uh, did he leave any kind of message? For me?”

 

“Hmm...no, not that I remember. He kept calling your name, like a little boy looking for his mother. It was kind of cute,” she blushes.

 

“Oh, I'm sorry if he was giving you any trouble,” I bow out of habit.

 

“He was no trouble at all. It was amusing, actually.”

 

I'll bet it was, watching poor Yunho think I was avoiding him. Just you wait, woman, revenge is a nasty thing...

 

“Can I get his room number?” I ask desperately. “You know, to check on him.”

________________________________________________________________

Dragon Update~

XD Typing that never gets old. LMAO

I know this isn't the longest chapter ever, but please bear with it :3

I adore this story. And thank you all who are reading~ ♥