Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

One Good Reason

 

A man of his word, Yunho has called me, once a month, all this past year. We have a date set every month that he calls to check in on me. Isn't he a doll? He's called me for my birthday, and I've returned the favor. He's called to wish me luck on tests. He even called me right after I graduated my junior year. A year early, but hey, who cares?

 

Oh, yeah, and I got my phone back. Not to mention the crap load of pictures he took with it. All of himself, of course. Just as a memento of it's journey. Believe me, I don't see how my phone could forget about its incredible journey...nor will I, for that matter.

 

Yunho's English has drastically improved, and my Korean? Well...it's improved. Our conversations flow so much easier and are so much more meaningful than “Okay, you too!”

 

He's had a hard time with the whole group split thing...can't say I blame him, I'm just as devastated. But I've been helping him as best I can with dealing with it...and the boys. They've even been talking about it together. All five of them. I cried when Yunho told me. I'm such a baby, right?

 

Like the dedicated fan I am (what, I can't be his friend and his fan at the same time?), I notice that he has another comeback stage today...well, yesterday? Tomorrow? Hell, I'm never gonna understand the time differences from here to there.

 

He still hasn't called, and yesterday was our date. Mom notices how jittery and irate I've been all day. I'm not sure how much about Yunho Dad knows...he's definitely noticed my new obsession with the phone. But Yunho usually calls while he's still at work. Probably better that way. Matt giggles every time the phone rings now. Little twerp. At least things are moving forward with that Melissa girl for him.

 

“You know, if you take your mind off of the phone for more than two seconds, maybe he'll call you,” Mom scorns. She shoos me to my drawing desk. “Here,” she says, plopping a drawing pad in front of me. “You remember these? You used to love drawing. Now get to it.” It's more of a demand than a recommendation.

 

“I still love to draw,” I pout, sticking my lower lip out. “But...it doesn't come first in my book anymore.”

 

“Yeah, I know that,” she huffs, walking away. See how we've bonded over the year?

 

I think we've improved with flying colors.

 

She's right, though, I can't find myself too crazy over a phone call. That I've been waiting to receive for a month. No, no, Mona, stop that. Pick up that pencil to your left...there you go...Now start to draw.

 

The first thing that my hand scrawls on the paper is Yunho's name in Hangul. Dammit. I flip the paper and try to start again. This time I manage a very poor flower. I've always been good at drawing, but my lack of interest is killing me. I get up to grab my iPod and plop back into my computer desk. I hit shuffle, and the first thing to play for me? ...Hug.

 

Agitated, I rip the iPod from my ears and chuck it onto my bed. Stupid iPod, I can't even listen to my iPod to distract me from my obsession.

 

“This ,” I blurt out, dropping my pencil like a child. Mom laughs from the kitchen. Shut up, Mom, you're gonna have to deal with me until he calls.

 

I storm over to my bed, and fish down the side for my iPod. I shuffle the songs again.

 

Love Still Goes On, by SHINee.

 

Dammit.

 

Reshuffle.

 

Obsession, SHINee.

 

DAMMIT. Out of all of the music I have on my iPod, not even half of it is Kpop. So why the hell are all of my Kpop songs popping up first?

 

Again my iPod goes behind my bed in a fit of rage. I slump down onto my bed, sulking. How much longer am I going to have to wait for this phone call? More importantly, why hasn't he called already? I sure hope he's okay. I know about that whole comeback stage thing, but it's never kept him from calling before. It's really making me worry. Well, not so much worried as curious. I'm sure he's fine. Yeah, he's definitely fine...

 

I sit with my face in my hands, staring at my wall. Oh, come on, Mona, how desperate can you possibly get?

 

Desperate enough to want to cry.

 

The doorbell rings loudly. Gosh, I hate when my brother's friends come over. Prepubescent boys are not what I want to be dealing with right now.

 

I can hear Mom in the basement, shouting for me to answer the door. I trudge out of my room and down the hallway. Man, this really . Don't get me wrong, I love children, I just don't like waiting. And having to listen to my brother and his friends completely trash my house. That I don't like.

 

I let out a big sigh, reaching out to the doorknob. It turns slightly under my grip. Good things come to those who wait. Good things come to those who wait...

 

...Good things come to those who wait...

 

...Good things come...

_______________________________________________________

Dragon note~

Story's almost over :( I know, it's my first real fanfiction, and it'll be over in another chapter. I'm devastated. But I felt that I should end it the way I did. Maybe I'll eventually make a second part to it when I find the time :3

Thank you all for reading, and please enjoy~ ♥