Just Forgive And Forget...

One Good Reason

 

Saying I loved him was a mistake.

 

I replay the entire four days together back and forth in my head. I stir uncomfortably in my seat. Elyse solemnly comforts me without saying a word. She seems to know the depths of my heart better than I do.

 

Wait a second...wait, this feels familiar.

 

“Elyse,” I say.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“You were sitting next to me on the plane ride here, weren't you?”

 

“Yeah, that was me.”

 

“Can I ask you something?” I ask.

 

“You just did,” she smiles weakly. It's getting late in the flight, I can see she's growing tired.

 

“Well, something else. How come you never spoke to me on the flight? Did I look like I wouldn't answer, because if I did, I'm sorry-”

 

“You just looked so distant, I didn't think you would want to talk about anything,” she sighs, shifting to face me. “You had this look in your eyes that said 'I can't open myself up to anyone, because I'm scared of what might come out'. You just seemed like you didn't like yourself, so you were afraid that no one else would, either.”

 

I'm staring blankly at Elyse. I open my mouth to say something, but decide it best if I listen to what she has to say.

 

“See, you're afraid of what you're going to say, so you think I should do all of the talking,” she says. “Well, you know what I think? I don't think that you telling Yunho that you loved him was a mistake.”

 

“Really?” I gasp.

 

“No, because I think you really mean it. It may not be a passionate love or you may not be in love with him, exactly, but you do love him. So you were being honest. What I do think is he feels the same way.”

 

My mouth gapes open again. “You...do?”

 

“That's why he reacted the way he did. When you said you had fallen in love with a beauty, it all made sense. Why he was so persistent in meeting with you, why he was always so happy to be around you. He might not be in love, but he certainly does love you. And is that such a big mistake?”

 

“No,” I sniffle. “But I sure wish I could have done things differently to show it.”

 

“Yeah, well, we all have our regrets, but the one thing you can't regret is how you feel.”

 

“No, you're right,” I agree, rubbing my eye. I pause, and she looks away. “Do you think he'll forget about me?” I sniffle softly.

 

“Do you think you'll forget about him?”

 

She knows the answer as much as I do. Of course I won't. But she can't see me shaking my head in response. I turn to face the window, contort my body into a tiny ball, and sob myself into a restless sleep on the plane.

____________________________________________

Dragon note!

This story is a few chapters away from being complete T-T

I don't wanna end this story, but I feel that I tied up a few loose ends ;)

Maybe with luck I'll write a second part to it...oopsie, maybe I should've waited to tell you all that XD

Anyway, enjoy~