Day Three Revelation!

One Good Reason

 

Alright, my trip to France is half over. I can lie and say that it hasn't been spectacular, considering I've met with my absolute favorite idol in the whole world not only once...not twice...but three times in the past two days. I never say this, but gosh, it's good to be me.

 

We were supposed to take a tour of the Seine River, but it's down-pouring here, so we decided to make our pilgrimage to the Eiffel Tower a day early. With my luck, Yunho would have been at the Seine River today in the pouring rain all by himself...

 

No, there's no way he's still here. And if he is, what are the chances of us running into each other again?

 

Because of the massive change of plans, we've gotten off to a late start. I wanted to sleep in a little, but the rest of the group wants to get this over with. Too lazy to do much else after my shower, I throw on the pair of sweats I threw into my suitcase, tossed on a clean tank top, and quickly placed my wavy (used here as another word for frizzy) hair into a ponytail. Add flip flops and viola! The clothing of champions.

 

We head downstairs to grab a quick breakfast, and I hope to God that the rain gets heavy enough to halt our auxiliary plans for the day. I grab myself a chocolate chip muffin, knowing well that if I eat too much this early in the morning, I'll be sick all day. I sit down at one of the empty continental breakfast tables and make small talk with one of the only reasonable girls on this trip.

 

Her name is Elyse, and to be totally honest, she isn't half as bad as I thought she was. She's half Korean, which works out in my benefit, since apparently I have an Asian . She does listen to Kpop, but isn't as heavily into it as I am, which is a kind way of saying that she doesn't need rehab for her addiction. Which I find to be impossible.

 

Our conversation is finally getting good. We're talking about our favorites. Funny she should bring that up, because have I got the story for her-

 

“Hi, Mona Elrich!”

 

No way.

 

I try to bite down on my muffin and end up biting my finger with my surprise. I jerk my hand out of the way and stare solemnly at my throbbing, red pointer finger. That was Yunho.

 

He's still here?

 

“Uhm, Mona? W-who-who was that?” Elyse stammers, clearly staring at the man standing patiently behind me. I can see her face losing all of its color, but just as quickly as her blood leaves her face it returns, making it an even brighter shade of red than my finger.

 

I feel something brush against my shoulder, gently caressing my hair with its touch.

 

“I said 'Hi, Mona Elrich!'” Yunho shouts again, this time in my ear. So that's what was sending shivers down my spine.

 

“Oppa!” I shout louder than necessary. “Hi! You can say my name. That's good!”

 

“Yes!” he babbles. “It was very hard.”

 

I look over at Elyse, still shocked out of her mind. You'd swear she looked like she did some kind of line of drugs before he showed up.

 

“Apparently that's not all that's hard,” I mutter, flicking a crumb at Elyse. I gesture to her with one hand. “Oppa, this is Elyse. She is my friend.”

 

“Friend?” he questions, staring intently at the girl across from me. She makes some kind of gurgling sound in response. I giggle.

 

“Annyeong!” Yunho waves giddily, speaking in his native tongue. I guess he notices that she, too, is of Asian descent.

 

“Uhm...annyeong,” she whispers uncomfortably. I send her a puzzled look.

 

“Isn't that informal?” I ask, trying to be discreet. It's kind of difficult, since Yunho is standing right over my shoulder.

 

“Uh...I really don't know,” she responds, hiding behind her bangs.

 

“You don't know,” I repeat sarcastically. “You're Korean! How don't you know how to speak to him! We just met, and I was hoping you could have given me some pointers!”

 

“Well...I don't really know the language.”

 

“What?” Yunho and I ask. Obviously, Yunho's tone was much lighter and much more relaxed than my tense, agitated tone. Well, I wasn't mad at her...if she didn't know, she didn't know. More like, disappointed.

 

“Surely you must be kidding.”

 

“No, I'm not...I only see my dad once a year 'cause he lives so far away...and he's fluent in English...”

 

“So you never learned,” I finish in a huff. I shrug. “That's alright, Yunho and I don't need any translations, right, Oppa?”

 

“Right!” he salutes. Gosh, if only I could get him to date me...

 

...No, that's stupid. He would never date me. And why bother? You can't be in love with someone you've only admired from afar and known for three days.

 

Can you?

 

“Food?” he inquires, pointing at my muffin.

 

I blush, picking it up. “Oh, yes, food,” I reply, pointing at the half eaten, crumbling mass. “I've already had some, do you want-”

 

He bends his head down and before I can finish my sentence, he takes a minuscule bite off of the crumbly top.

 

“Mmmm,” he chews, as I drool. “Yummy.” No, no, I don't believe you understand the meaning of the word “Yummy”. Oh, Yunho, have you looked in a mirror lately?

 

“Uhm, Mona?” Elyse pipes up. I think the cat gave her tongue back.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“He's done with your muffin, and he's kinda just staring at you.”

 

I turn my head to see a satisfied grin on Yunho's face. “Oh, yeah, he does that sometimes,” I say blankly, losing myself in his smile. He's always been so sweet from what I've seen of him in videos. He's always so polite in interviews, he's forgiving, and mature, and he's beautiful, why wouldn't I be in love with him?

 

“Mona Elrich, you have to go,” he says seriously.

 

“What? Where do I have to go, Oppa?”

 

He points to the group leaving. “You have to go, Mona Elrich,” he says again, still pointing to the others. I guess he's starting to recognize that once he sees my particular group, it means the fun is over.

 

“Oh,” I sigh, taking one last look at him. I shuffle out of the seat, and Elyse does the same. I bow slightly. “I'm sorry Oppa, goodbye.”

 

“I'm Elyse,” she squeaks, grabbing his hand and shaking it weakly.

 

“Too little, too late, Elyse,” I grunt, grabbing her other hand and pulling her away. “Bye-bye, Oppa!” I say again, waving a little before running off.

 

“Is he staying in this hotel, Mona?” Elyse asks as we assimilate back into the group.

 

“Uhm, I doubt it, why?”

 

“Well, I've seen him talking to you an awful lot, and he always seems to be hanging around this hotel like he's waiting for you.”

 

“That's stupid, Elyse. I've known him all of three days.” Oh, gosh, if only he were waiting around for me. “He's famous, what would he want to wait for me for? Do you see what I'm wearing? I'm really short, too. He's not interested, it's more like a random friendship.”

 

“What do appearances matter?” she raises her voice. “Listen, if you're so hell-bent on appearances, I'll put it this way. He obviously wants to hang around you if he keeps following you. If you think he's so gorgeous that you think he wouldn't give you a chance, how do you think he feels?”

 

Whoa, deep. But wait...she's right. If I think that he wouldn't hang around me because I don't compare, then how does he see me? Does that mean he doesn't think that he's good enough to be around me? My heart stops.

 

That poor soul. Every time he tries to have a simple conversation with me, I end up pushing him away, so I don't offend anyone around me. I'm so focused on appearances that I don't care that he's trying to have an honest, friendly relationship. He must think he isn't good enough to make friends with people like me.

 

He doesn't realize exactly how beautiful he is on the inside. It doesn't matter that he has a pretty face, or that his muscles are big, or that his eyes are such a deep shade of brown, anyone can get lost in them...he was kind enough to help me when I needed help, and was kind enough to give me a friend that I might not have made on my own.

 

On top of that, I'm being greedy in wanting him all to myself because he's beautiful on the outside..my head is being flooded with horrid thoughts.

 

I'm selfish

 

I'm immature.

 

I'm self-centered.

 

“Oh my God,” I barely whisper, covering my mouth. I turn back around and sprint into the hotel.

 

“Yunho?!” I scream frantically, searching. My head whips back and forth, side to side, scanning the room for him. I drop my gaze to my flip flops. “I'm...sorry...” I mutter.

 

Elyse follows behind me. “Me too,” she says, wrapping me into an embrace. “I know it's hard to hear about your own flaws, but it had to be done, Mona. I didn't want to hurt you.”

 

“I know you didn't,” I say, snuggling into the nape of her neck. I really needed a hug. “I'm really sorry for being ignorant. I...I don't know why I'm this way...but, I want to make it up to him, Elyse. Do you think I can do that?”

 

She smiles and pulls away gently. I swear, it's like we've known each other for an eternity, because she has already given me so much to think about it the past hour, my mom would be jealous.

 

“I think so,” she grins. “You just need to talk to him a little. I'm sure he'll be here when we get back.”

 

“Really?” I sniffle. Oh, I hope I don't start crying. I'm pathetic.

 

“Really,” she says. “I'll stall the chaperones for you two, so you can patch things up.”

 

________________________________

REVELATION!! XD

Thanks for those who are reading! Still not confident in my writing, but I love this story too much to give up on it now! XD ♥