One Good Reason

One Good Reason

 I take a deep breath, leaning my head back to look at the crisp, blue sky. It looks so different from what I remember.

 

I clear my throat, sore from singing my heart out. When I'm lonely, I sing...when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm...well, when I'm being me, I sing. I don't know why, but I just do. Something within me tells me that maybe someday, the one person I've been searching for my whole life will hear it, and that person will find me, and we'll be together forever.

 

Yeah, right, I thought that would happen last year. I guess I was mistaken.

 

Love is a tricky business, you know? Whether you're the one to say “I love you”, or the one receiving it, it can change your life forever. You might reject it, you might accept, you might be scared, happy, you might mean it, you might not ...you just might not know. But I know. I've known since then, and I've been too afraid to admit it.

 

Well, that's going to change.

 

Yes, I love you...

 

I shiver at the thought.

 

My hand trembles against my side. I clench it into a fist, my veins pulsing to the surface. Gosh, why is something so simple so incredibly difficult?

 

Before I allow doubt to alter my mind, I reach up and ring the doorbell. I can barely hear it from outside...my heart is pounding to loudly for me to notice otherwise.

 

A year is a very long time to wait.

 

Maybe she's moved on?

 

Please, God, tell me that she's still waiting patiently.

 

I should have responded right then and there, I wouldn't be in this mess. I shouldn't have pushed her away, frightened out of my mind. What was I to do? She was so young, so fragile, so confused by the past...I wouldn't have dared to hurt her any further.

 

All of those late-night conversations on the phone. All of those secrets we shared, the heartaches we bore together, the laughs, the tears, pain, love...we shared it all. And I realized that I loved her.

 

There was just something about her...that made me yearn to have her. And I did. I had her. And I let her go.

 

The doorknob jiggles, as does my heart, but my feet are planted firmly in the ground. No way am I leaving her again.

 

Whether or not the world frowns on us, I want to be here, to hold her and comfort her, and congratulate her on graduating from her school year.

 

The door opens with a creak. I swallow air for what seems like the last time.

 

I've been waiting for this moment for so long. Good things come to those who wait...

 

Her hair blows in the wind that greets her at the door. The chocolate brown matches her deep eyes, that are slowly comprehending the stiff, nervous body in front of her. Her pale complexion deepens to match the crimson red of her shirt. Her hands fall from the door to her sides, then to touch her tender lips.

 

Our eyes finally meet.

 

“...Yunho...” she finally gasps, barely audible.

 

“Hi, Mona,” I sigh with a smile, hoping that my shaky voice isn't noticeable.

 

I in more air, as she s herself into my chest, clutching my body like her life depended on it. I wrap my arms around her, pulling her closer. I get a whiff of her silky hair...honey. It makes me tremble, to know that I could have lost this feeling forever.

 

I can sense her mom walk up the steps and stare for a moment. Just the same, I can sense her smile and walk away. Her request to come out and meet her daughter was a blessing in itself. I wonder if she ever spoke to her husband about that...?

 

But that doesn't matter to me now. What matters now is how tightly I'm holding her. It seems like an eternity that we've been standing here, but neither one of us is willing to let go. She sighs a deep breath, snuggling her face into my chest. I her cheek with my thumb.

 

Mona, I love you...

 

I've regretted for months not being able to answer her then. I've been terrified that the tomorrow in which I can say those three little words to her will never come.

 

But here it is. I open my mouth to say it, but reluctantly close it once again. Should I wait to say it?

 

No, no more waiting.

 

“I love you,” we both whisper happily.

 

It feels so good to say it. I bend down and kiss her forehead tenderly. Her warmth reaches my heart.

 

For years I've been afraid of facing what tomorrow will bring. Mona has changed that, within a matter of four days.

 

She's given me one good reason to live without regrets, and to await patiently what tomorrow will bring.

___________________________________________________

T-T

There are tears in my eyes as I'm posting this Dragon note...it's my first finished story T-T And my first fanfiction...

I'm so proud of this story, because without it, I wouldn't be posting stories on here. So I want to thank this story for giving me the confidence to start posting fanfictions.

And more importantly, I know he's not gonna see it, but I wanna thank Jung Yunho (U-Know) for being who he is. He really is a true inspiration to me and I have so much admiration and respect for him. Maybe someday I'll be able to tell you this face to face.

And maybe with luck I'll write a part 2...? ;D

Well, thank you all for reading diligently. I hope you enjoyed!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥

Don't forget to check out a few of my other stories ;) And check my subscriptions...those stories are to die for ;)

Thanks again!!!! ~