Watch Your Back

Tell Me At 2PM

 ChapterSeven


..::Yoobin's POV::..

"Are you sure you don't want an appointment tomorrow?" I asked Junsu but he just turned around and smiled. "Nah, I go to the gym with Junho on Thursdays. He might have told you he's beautifying his self." With that, he walked out of the room.

"Okay then..."

"Finally, it's been hours..." Nichkhun walked in and jumped onto the bed like a prince. How can someone look so elegant jumping onto a bed?!

"Uhmmm, Yoobin? Aren't we going to start?" I snapped out of my thoughts and turned the page in my notebook. "Right, go ahead."

"Well..." He took deeps breaths and I could see tears forming in his eyes. "Tissue." He held out his hand and I just stared at it in confusion. There was no tissue in his hand...What's wrong with him?

"TISSUE! GET ME A TISSUE!" I jumped out of my seat and ran out of the door, running into the living room for tissues. Tiffany was happily messing around with Wooyoung who looked as if he went to hell and came back. I grabbed a box of tissues and darted into the room, placing the entire box in Nichkhun's hands.

"You know, you really shouldn't let people boss you around like that..." He muttered but helped himself to all the tissues he needed.

"Well you asked..."

"So, ask me what happened." He looked up and dabbed his eyes lightly.

"So uhhh...What happened?"

"There were fangirls are the grocery store!" He threw the tissue onto the floor and he grabbed his hair with his hands. "They are EVERYWHERE! What do I have to do to get rid of them, hmmm?! I have to live with these fan girls forever!"

"You don't like fan girls?"

"I don't like fangirls when they attack you when you're shopping for dried mangoes. They yelled 'IT'S 2PM'S NICHKHUN!'. They could have just quietly came over and asked for an autograph. I didn't even get a chance to get the dried mangoes, I had to run 15 blocks to get away, 15!"

"Man, that's tough..." 

"I wish I could be unpopular! I know I sound like a brat but being popular isn't that great! You have girls rubbing up on you ALL THE TIME! NO I DON'T WANT YOUR BABIES!"

"Oh, that's gross..." I scrunched up my face and saw Nichkhun having a spazz attack on my bed. "Nichkhun...You'll break the bed...Anyway, let's talk about the members."

"I HATE the members. They all get on my nerves. Especially Junsu. He just...Don't even get me started."

"Okay then..."

We both didn't say anything. Honestly, I was waiting for Nichkhun to talk first. "Uhmmm...Aren't you going to ask me why he pisses me off?"

"But you said not to get you started..."

"Silence. I'll answer my self." I rolled my eyes and wondered what got into him. 

"Junsu is a great singer, I admit that. He's talented but underrated. That's exactly what I want to be Yoobin, I want to be talented but unknown. Very mysterious, almost like that rapper Outsider."

"Ooo, I love Outsider!" I smiled but it dropped once Nichkhun shot me a dirty look. "Anyway....Go on."

"ANYWAY, it's just not fair. Why does Junsu not have fangirls, hmm? What's so special about him that he can just prance around happily without getting mobbed by these crazy girls?!"

"Isn't it better to have popularity, that's the whole point of your job."

"But I still need my sanity! If I hear 'Oh, Nichkhun oppa, I love you so much! Take me!' ever again, I'll rip that person's head off! You know guys love me too? And we're not talking about brotherly love Yoobin. We're talking straight up gay for me."

"Nuh uh..."

"Are you calling me a liar? They have this website that's dedicated JUST for male fans. They already have 20,000 fans. Every time someone joins, a piece of my sanity just breaks off you know? I'll go insane, do you want that Yoobin?"

"No..."

"Good, THEN FIX THIS!"

"Look, I can't fix guys being gay for you, that's not something I can help."

"I need a refreshment!" He got up and walked over to the kitchen. I got up and followed him, making sure he doesn't grab a knife or something...

"Man, feeling okay Khun?" Taecyeon asked with sincerity in his voice. Good, I think we progressed a lit-

"NO!" Or not...

"Calm down, I was just asking you a question..."

"You're popular too, you should understand me better then everybody else! It okay?! I can't even think straight anymore!" Nichkhun threw his head back along with his hand holding the bottle of water but instead of it hitting his mouth, it hit nothing and poured all over him.

My mouth opened in shock and I could see Nichkhun shaking in anger. "Okay, Khun, let's go outside."

"NOT...Outside...That's their natural habitat..." I guess 2PM see us fans as 'animal' or 'creatures'.

"Alright..." I backed up with an uneasy smile. "Wooyoung? Wooyoung will take care of it won't you?" I grabbed onto Nichkhun's closest friend and pushed him towards the kitchen. The scene reminded me of sacrificing a rat to keep the snake distracted. 

"O-okay...Nichkhun, darling..." Wooyoung laughed in fear of what will happen next. "Let's take deep breaths okay? Papa breath...Mama breath...Baby breath..."

"I...I'm okay." Nichkhun shut his eyes and held onto the kitchen counter. "I...Am okay and I am calm."

"Yes you are...And you're finding your happy place?"

"YOU MEAN AWAY FROM YOU GUYS?" He said with venom hugging each word.

"Alright, anyway," I grabbed Wooyoung and tossed him back so he could be comforted by the other members. "Nichkhun, you're imagining a place without fangirls and the other members..."

"Alright..." He shut his eyes again and stuck his nose in the air like he thought having his closed eyes face the other members would kill him. "It's quiet...Peaceful...Nobody's bothering me to go get the mail."

Curiosity kicked in. "So who actually does get the mail?"

"Wooyoung..." I reminded my self to confront Chan Sung and Jaebum.

"And is Wooyoung in your happy place?"

"Yeah he is. I see him cooking in the kitchen..."

"And why do you think Wooyoung's in your happy place?"

"Because he doesn't piss me the fuc-"

"ALRIGHT, back to the peaceful room full of...Peaceful thoughts." I pushed Nichkhun into the room again and shut the door. "Now you're away. This is the only place you can be away from other members and fan girls. Consider yourself as safe and alone."

"That's much better..." He nodded slowly and carefully sat on the bed. 

"So tell me everything that you hate Nichkhun. Don't hold back, just let it all out."

"I hate aegyo. Why do I hate it? Cause it's annoying, I want girls to look at me and say 'Wow, he's so manly'. Is it wrong to think that? Hmmm, is it?"

I was in awe at how quickly Nichkhun changes in different situations.

"And I am not a winking machine, but I do take pocket money."

"What about the whole 'We got married' scandal? Is that something you want to talk about?"

"Victoria is not my type, we don't have a secret relationship, she's just a nice girl that gets bashed on because of me. It's just a TV show, could we not make a big deal out of it?"

"People just don't understand these days..." I remembered watching the show online and scrolling down to find nasty comments about Victoria. 

"You know Junho sometimes hates on me because I'm more popular then him? Yeah, but I can't help that, people just think I'm so adorable. WELL THEY MAKE ME SICK."

"You know Khun, they only do that because you're adorable. You just have a very lovable side of you. But I do admit, some people take it to the next level."

"Sometimes I just...I just want someone to ask me if I'm okay. So many people assume I'm just naturally perfect or something. Someone like you, you know? Ask me how I'm feeling that day or if I ate yet."

"Do the 2PM boys do that for you?"

He sighed. "They would but we just don't have the time. We're too tired to talk in the car and we have to rest once we get home."

"Nichkhun...Maybe this all happened because of JYP, no?"

His doll like eyes looked up slowly and his lips curved up into a perfect smile. "You! You're a genius! That's totally it! I mean, if JYP didn't over work us, then we wouldn't be having problems!"

"If JYP were a bit softer on you guys, I think things would have worked out better." I smiled and wondered whether or not I was right. To be honest, I think it's part of 2PM's fault too. 

"Anyway, I'm not done ranting." Nichkhun cleared his throat. "Jay hyung gets on my nerves too. Don't kill me but he can be a real pain. When he's being funny on TV shows, it irks me. Sure it's funny but he sometimes says things that are over the top."

"Really...?" I asked, knowing that I love his jokes on their shows.

"Really. If you personally know him, you would know why."

"I see..."

Nichkhun Horvejkul - Wooyoung biased too popular egomaniac.

"You know Junho doesn't work as hard sometimes? I find him taking a bubble bath at home sometimes. The smile on his face makes me sick."

"Why, because he gets to relax and you don't?"

"Well, yeah! I mean, while I've been out to increase 2PM's popularity and he's home taking a bubble bath?!"

"He is younger then you guys though, so-"

"Age is just a number Yoobin! Look at 2PM, there's seven members! You want to call us 7PM from now on?!"

"What? That's time, not age!"

"Whatever! What I'm saying is numbers are stupid. Who cares about age, we're adults, we can take care of ourselves."

"But you guys are also brothers. Brothers help each other whenever they're feeling down or upset. And you shouldn't look at Junho like that, he has problems too."

"Oh yeah, like what?"

That's when I realized it. These guys don't make contact so much that they can't solve their issues. So they just build up and all they can do is hold it in. And they don't realize that the issues have to do with each other, not being over worked.

"You know he really envies you? He might just be complaining that you're popular but I'm sure deep inside he wishes he could be just like you. And Junho works really hard to try to be popular. I guess you guys could try switching bodies for a day or something."

"He probably just said that..." Nichkhun grumbled and I shot him a dirty look. 

"You might be one of my favorites but that doesn't mean you're always right. You have yourself to fix too Nichkhun."

He sat there with a slight pout and didn't look anywhere near me. After a couple of minutes, I started to feel a little bad.

"..Sorry."

"No, I probably deserved that."

"No, you didn't, I was just-"

"Stop. I know I can be a handful sometimes Yoobin. I hope that you could change me while you're here. I want to become a better person..."

Slowly, I found my smile again. "I promise Nichkhun. I bet you're starting to change without even knowing it."

"Right..." He chuckled just as the timer went off. 

You are changing Nichkhun, you just can't see it. 

I think I realized everybody's problem here. They focus too much on the things they're bad at and bash on themselves. And mean while, their good points are attached on their backs, the only place they can't see, only people around them can see it. So when they see those good points, they feel worse about themselves.

It gives the phrase 'Watch your back' a whole new meaning.