THE MAKING OF AN ACTRESS

SECOND CHANCES

 

FLASHBACK

 

                “Omma, Appa I am serious I really do want to become an actress” said the pale chubby middle schooler to her parents.

                “Aigoo, our princess wants to be an actress Yeobo, tomorrow maybe she’ll tell us that she wants to be a doctor or an engineer or a lawyer” says her Omma smiling not taking the girl seriously.

                “Omma I am serious I really am!” faces her father “Appa you do believe me right?” looked at her father with pleading eyes.

                “For now maybe but we know you, in a day or two you will again change your mind and tell us what you want again” her Appa answered.

                “No I won’t and I am going to prove it to you, I will show both of you” said the stubborn chubby girl as she left her parents in the living room.

                She entered her room and went straight to her laptop. I need to lose some weight first she thought as she browse the internet. I need to find some diet plans that I could use and then exercise, I am going to show them that I am serious and if I were able to shed some of this excess fats then they’ll know that I am serious.

 

SORA’S JOURNAL

                I know that it’s been awhile since I last wrote something here anyway from now on I promise to write everyday until I become and actress. Of course I’ll still write when I become an actress what I mean is that I would want to record all my struggles to become an actress and when I do become one then I will just right all the nice things that will happen to me......but that would be boring so maybe I’ll write some of my frustrations to in the future. Appa and Omma doesn’t want to believe me but I promised that I’ll do everything I can for them to believe me and take me seriously......I was browsing some diet plans on the internet but I read that it’s better if I do some physical activities as well to shed fats faster so I’ve decided that starting tomorrow I will watch what I eat and I will jog early morning.....Hmmmm, I’m a bit sleepy already....Okay mark my word my friend I will lose weight and become an ACTRESS! Tomorrow is the start of my dream

 

               The next day she woke up early and saw her Mom preparing breakfast.

                “Oh, you’re up early Sora, why are you in your sweats?” asked her Omma.

                “I’m jogging Omma” says Sora as she bade goodbye to her Omma.

                “Are you really serious?” asked her mom.

                “I am Omma, bye” she then headed outside to jog.

                “Oh, okay be careful dear” shouts Mom to the retreating figure.

                “Is that Sora?” asked Appa who just came out from the room.

                “Yes, Yeobo I think she really is serious. What do we do?” ask her Omma a worried expression on her face.

                “Nothing, we will just let her be and see were these will come to. I do hope she’ll come to her senses and realize that it’s not easy to enter the entertainment world.

                For the next few weeks they saw how serious their daughter is in losing weight, at first they were not that supportive of her and even tempts her with delicious food. Sometimes her Appa would buy chicken from her favourite restaurant just to make her eat. A few times she was tempted and took a bite but after biting she felt guilty and would stop. After a while both her parents stopped tempting her and instead supported her goal to lose weight but not to become an actress.

                The weeks became months and soon it’s almost a year since Sora started her diet. She really did lose a lot of weight and now she will fulfill her second goal and that is to become an actress. She graduated from middle school a few months after and decided to take up Theatre Arts majoring in drama Dongguk University as her first step to becoming an actress. While at Dongguk University she auditioned for the movie 4th Period Mystery also know as Detectives in 40 minutes and luckily she was chosen. She was so excited that her very first audition was indeed successful.

                Can’t wait to tell Omma and Appa, ah at last I would be able to fulfil my dream now, she thought. All the while she thought that she could convince her parents easily but boy was she wrong!

                “Appa please allow me, I have worked hard for this, I really do want to become an actress. Omma you’ve seen me fought hard just to shed all those excess fats, I gave up almost all my favourite food because of these dream please allow me” she cried and begged from her parents. “I promise to do good in this film if you will just allow me please, please, please” still the tears continue to flow, it seems that she’s shedding a bucket of it.

                Omma with a sad look gazed at her husband “Yeobo I’ve never seen her cry like this before I think she really is serious about wanting to become an actress”.

                Appa looks at Sora who is sitting on the floor with head bowed down, he can’t bear to see his only daughter like this and so with a heavy heart he said “Alright get up young lady! Stop crying you have proven your point. We told you many times our reasons why we don’t want you to become an actress we don’t want you to be a public property being scrutinized everyday from the moment you walk in to a place everyone would look at you, they either love you or hate you and would say hurtful things because of your flaws. Aside from that you won’t have a normal life anymore you can’t do things freely like the way you do now, but we can’t bear to see you like this. Your Mom and I, we really are against you entering the entertainment world but if you promise to be responsible and finish your school even if you do enter the drama business then we promise to support you and be your no 1 fans and no 1 critique as well.”

                “Promised us that you won’t get into trouble like getting hooked into drugs or something, that is what I am most afraid of and once you enter the crazy world of entertainment Omma can no longer protect you from people, no matter how much I’ll protect you there will always be someone out there who will always try to hurt you or say something bad about you” says the teary eyed Omma.

                “Omma, Appa I promise to be the woman you wanted me to be even if I’ll enter the business I promised that I won’t forget everything you thought me, It won’t go to waste and no matter how hard things will get I promise to finish my studies because for me that is the greatest gift I could give you, seeing me walk up the stage holding my diploma. I promise to work hard and do all those things I have promised if you’ll give me this chance” says Sora.

                After that heart warming talk she had gotten her parents approval. Now all she has to do is fulfil the promise and her dream. The movie was a bit successful she worked her off and gave her best. The lovely pale-faced Sora caught the attention of some big companies who wants her to be their endorser as well as some music video producers who wants to feature her. Slowly she is gaining their attention and in a span of less than a year she was able to do 4 music videos, advertise for 4 companies and do 2 movies.

                Somehow she is slowly making a name for herself not only has she appeared in movies she was also able to penetrate the tv dramas. Due to her good visuals and hourglass figure more and more companies are asking her to be their endorser. Sora accepts everything that comes her way with a cheerful heart even if some would say bad things to her she endures it all. Little did she know that the biggest break she’s been waiting for is on its way to her doorstep.

                She was casted in a new movie entitled “Sunny” she will be playing the role of the teen Ha Chun-wa the tough leader of the group “Sunny”.

 

 

SORA'S JOURNAL

                 Great everything is going smoothly! I will be casted in a new movie and I will be playing a school girl but a tough one and a  leader too. Can't wait for the filming to start. I am really excited to do this movie, the character is really interesting and honestly I can relate to some of the scenes. I'm just a little apprehensive on something though.....well I need to dance in this movie and I'm no dancer! I talked to Manager Oppa and told him that I am really worried about the dancing part and he said not to worry because someone will teach me but still I can't help but worry.....I wish that this movie would be a success...... 

 

                      The movie became a big success becoming the 2nd highest grossing film and because of this Sora caught the attention of media and Korean fans.  A lot of endorsements are being offered to her and slowly her name is becoming familiar among household.           

               

                   

SORA'S JOURNAL

                I can't believe it the movie was a big success! Manager Oppa said that it earned a lot on it's first week. Wow, this is really amazing I didn't expect this....well just hoping that it would be successful and now that it has I can't believe it....What am I doing? I think I'm being redundant with what I'm saying but what the heck! I'm happy, happy that everybody loves the movie and is continuously gaining success.....I hope more opportunities will come knocking at my door.....Thank you dear Lord for all the blessings you've been showering me.