A SWEET AND BITTER MOMENT

SECOND CHANCES

 

         A week had passed and they are still on the island enjoying themselves. Today they are set to go to WOO-DO island also in Jeju. Driver Jung and his wife are accompanying them since LeeTeuk and Sora plan on staying overnight. Yoon-Seo and Sora are busy packing the food inside the former’s kitchen.

         “Ahjumma I think we’ve prepared too many food” Sora said while munching a carrot.

         “I don’t think so, because when you go on a trip like this you tend to be hungry always” Yoon-Seo continue to stuff the big basket with more food. “I remember when my Yesu and Jiyeah were young we also go on trips like this and no matter how much food I bring still it’s not enough. It is also the same with Young Master and his family, so Young Master’s Omma and I always pack extra food” she then wipes the corner of her eye.

          “Aigo, you miss them so much, Ahjumma?” Sora gives the older woman a big warm bear hug.

           Hugging Sora back Yoon-Seo answers, “Neh I do, you can only enjoy your children as much while they are young but when they have grown and start their family sometimes they tend to forget about their elders. So no matter how many children you have in the end it’s only you and your husband who will spend the rest of your life together. You’ll know these when you marry and have children of your own”.

            LeeTeuk entering the kitchen heading straight to Sora’s side asks “Who is getting married and having children?”

            “No one, me and Ahjumma are just talking about her missing her children, so did you load everything in the car, Yeobo?” she then faced LeeTeuk feeding him a carrot.

             “Mmmmm......yup everything loaded except for the food but why give me the carrot when you can feed me the brownies here or cookies?” Leeteuk complains but continue munching the carrot.

             “That’s for later Yeobo and carrot is good for your body and we must eat healthily, eh” giving an apple this time.

             “Where is that husband of mine, he needs to load this now in the car we have to leave now to catch the boat in time”, Yoon-Seo said while placing the last container of fresh fruits.

              “Ahjumma let me, I can also do that” Leeteuk said and grabs one of the baskets then head outside.

               LeeTeuk was loading the second basket of food when he received a text message. It is from Siwon asking if it’s safe and okay to call it’s urgent it says. He looked around first then went to a nearby tree and dialled Siwon’s number.  After 2 rings Siwon answered “Is it okay now hyung? Where is Sora hyung?“

               Yes, she's inside the house with Ahjumma.  Why the urgent message?

               Hyung, they know now that you and hyungsunim are in Jeju. Manager hyung talked to me awhile ago and asked me to relay the message. I denied of course that I know where to contact you but he said that it’s important for you to get the message.

               “Wae, wae, how did they find out? Who told them?” LeeTeuk asked looking worried now.

               I don’t know who told them but I’m pretty sure none of the members did that and I don’t think Ahjumma nor Sora’s parents would tell either, as to how they got the information of your whereabouts your guess is as good as mine hyung.  Actually up to this day we haven’t heard of anything about what happened even the media was blocked and I don’t know what they told the ELFs but they all seems to be mum about it. The members and I don’t talk much about it except when you ask us to do some things for you and if we need to discuss about something we usually don’t do it in the dorms they either go to my place or sometimes we go out for walks late at night and we do everything discreetly.

               Both ends became silent, each lost in their own thought and then Siwon spoke first, “Hyung are you still there? Hyung? Hyung?”

               Yes, I’m still here, I trust all of you and I know none of you would betray me. Siwon-ah I was thinking that it only means one thing, if nothing has come out to the media yet nor the fans not acting violently or something then it only means that they really did something to the media to shut them up that’s why you weren’t able to get any information anywhere. Omma and Noona would definitely deny anything if they try asking them. That leaves us to one thing then....

               “Hyung meaning......” Siwon asked.

               Them hiring a detective or a private investigator or whatever to look for us.  

                “Would they really do that hyung? Won’t they just let this go and just accept things?” Siwon asked again.

                “You know that they have the power and can do anything! They can make or destroy anyone with just a click of a finger. But still I’m keeping my fingers cross that they would understand.” A trace of sadness could be heard from LeeTeuk’s voice.

                “Then what are we to do now hyung?” Siwon calmly asked as he felt some tightness on his chest hearing LeeTeuk’s sad voice.  “Hyung just tell us what to do we are just waiting for your instructions” Siwon added. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

                 Siwon-ah are you done? Shouted Donghae, “Manager hyung said to hurry up we will resume the filming now."

                 “Is that Donghae shouting? LeeTeuk asked. “Where are you guys right now?”

                 “Yes it is, he is outside acting as my look-out. We are in Gangnam district shooting for a commercial film.”

                “Oh okay, by the way what is the message Manager hyung wants me to have?”

                “Message? Yes the message, I almost forgot. Manager hyung wants me to tell you that HE will be flying to Jeju in a few days to see you and Sora and if you could turn on your phone 4 days from now so that as soon as they arrive in Jeju his personal secretary could call you right away and give you details on when and where the meeting will be.”

                Okay, thanks Siwon-ah. I’ll call you if I do come up with another plan. And Siwon I’m sorry for dragging you guys in this mess I created. Please say my apologies to the others as well, I promise to make it all up to you and the guys when everything’s okay.

                You don’t have to apologize, hyung. We are all in these, remember? We got your back hyung! We will support you and Sora-shi all the way.

                “Yeobo? Where are you?” Sora shouted. “Ahjussi is asking something. Yeobo?”

                Hearing Sora’s voice becoming louder LeeTeuk then said “I have to go now Siwon I’ll just call you again, and thank you again, I’m forever grateful to you and the others.”, immediately LeeTeuk turned off the phone and place it inside his pocket and stayed hidden for a few more seconds behind the tree. What do I do now? I was hoping that we could stay like this forever far away from the limelight and just live quietly like ordinary people but I know that it’s impossible. Oh God I love her so much and if only I could spare her from all the pain I would........She must not know, not yet anyway. I’ll just tell her when the time comes. That’s right, for now I will keep it from her and act like everything is okay.....Hmmm....better fix yourself Jungsoo you don’t want her to suspect anything right, wipe that worried look and put on a happy face. And with that in mind LeeTeuk then revealed himself to Sora.