BRIEF ENCOUNTER

SECOND CHANCES

 

                Due to the success of “Sunny” Sora gained a lot of attention, she was even invited to “Strong Heart” a variety show.  She was excited at first upon hearing it from her Manager Oppa but after a while she got nervous.

                “Oppa, I’m not sure if I can do it. What if I did something wrong or trip when walking or....I don’t know. It’s not the same as acting I am not sure what to do there” whined Sora.

                Manager has never been Sora these agitated and this is the first time that she whined about something and this means that she really is nervous about this guesting appearance. “Sora you don’t have to be nervous, you can do this just be yourself show them that charm of yours and you’ll see everything will be smooth sailing. Besides this would be a new experience for you and can widen your horizon plus this can help us get more endorsements or movie or drama offers. For now rest well and tomorrow I have arranged for you to have a dance rehearsal at JYP, I’ll pick you up around 8 in the morning, okay?”

                “Oh, okay Oppa” said the worried Sora.

                “Aye....look here Sora, (holds Sora’s shoulders) if I knew that you couldn’t do this I would not have accepted the invitation but because I know that you can do it and believe in your talent that I accepted it. Have some confident in yourself, you have gone through a lot. Don’t worry anymore just trust Oppa and follow me when I tell you to just rest for today, arasso.”

                Sora nodded and then her Manager left her alone in the apartment. For three consecutive days Sora diligently practiced the dance steps JYP choreographer taught her.

                 Sora woke up really early today, well the truth is she hardly slept the night before due to her nervousness regarding todays appearance on the variety Strong Heart. She did some early morning exercise including running on Han River just to clear her mind and calm her nerves.

                Manager Oppa arrived at her apartment at exactly 8 in the morning just in time that Sora was done preparing. She then climbed the car and greeted her manager and stylist.

                “Sora were you able to sleep well last night?” asked her stylist.

                “Ani, I was too nervous Unnie I think it was past midnight that I fell asleep then I woke up really early too, but somehow after running around Han river I think that I’m a lot calmer now and is ready for today’s show” smiled Sora.

                “That’s the spirit Sora” her manager said “just be yourself today and answer honestly and I’m sure you’ll be able to charm them as well” he added.

                Upon reaching the studios they headed to the dressing room and Sora and her stylist started preparing. Before leaving them Sora’s manager wished her luck and that he would be watching and waiting for her on the sidelines.

                Sora did well on her first variety and she was receiving a lot of compliments from the hosts as well as the guests. She was asked to do a storyline on the spot and the MC’s will just point on the person and she has to think really quick for a storyline about that person. They were impressed with her impromptu storyline as well as her dancing the Bingle, Bingle which she has done on her movie Sunny and the y dance after that she learned at JYP. Due to her nervousness after her dance instead of heading back to her sit she almost went backstage good thing that one the regular guests guided her. Lee Seungi even said that she has a lovely charm. Sora was extremely happy that she was able to show somehow a different side of herself.

                “What did I tell you Sora? I knew you could do it and look at the outcome!” her manager happily said.

                “Oppa, thank you in believing in me and being confident that I could do it, honestly I didn’t think I can pull this but I’m so happy that I did, again thank you Oppa. I really had fun and now I know how it feels like to guest in a variety” Sora smiling widely said.

                “Oh before I forget you will have to attend the Mnet 20’s choice award” Manager said as he looked at Sora’s reaction on the rearview mirror.

                “Mnet 20’s choice award? Ah...when will it be? ” she asked still clueless.

                 “It’s this weekend and you have to look at the clothes we have prepared for you” replied her manager.

                “Okay.” (turning to her stylist) “Unnie did you bring photos or do we have to go somewhere to look at the clothes?” she asked.

                “Aren’t you even going to ask why you need to go there?” asked the stylist as a smile is starting to form.

                “Oh! Is it because I do have to attend and for people to recognize me and get to know me?” Sora ask.

                “Yah, this girl is really clueless! You have to look good when you go there not because you have to attend but because you are going there to get an award!” the stylist excitedly said.

                “An award? Unnie are you sure? Oppa, what is this? What award is Unnie referring to?” the confused Sora ask.

                “You were nominated for the hot new movie actress and luckily you won!” beamed her manager.

                “Me? Hot new movie actress? Really? As in me?” she asked again.

                “Yes you my dear” says her stylist then gives her a hug.

                “Ohhhh, wae.....I.....gosh I don’t know what to say. Really Oppa I get an award?” Sora still in shock asked her manager.

                Manager : “Yes it’s all true! At last they have noticed you, your hardwork is getting paid off.”

               

                That night Sora called her parents to tell them the goodnews.

                “Omma, guess what? Wait is Appa at home? Please put it on speaker so that I could tell it to both of you” Sora excitedly said.

                “Aish, why didn’t you just call on our phone instead of calling on the cellphone” says her Omma.

                “What is this you want to tell us? I hope you didn’t do something foolish eh?” says her Appa.

                “Ani, ani, ani it isn’t like that....ready?....here goes....Manager Oppa told me awhile ago that I did great on my first variety and I also received some praises from the MC’s and.....” she paused then takes a deep breath “Omma, Appa this weeken I am going to an event to receive my very first award! I won the hot new movie actress at Mnet 20’s choice award!” Sora shouted happily to her parents.

                “Omo, omo....really you are I mean you were chosen as the a new movie actress?” Omma asked.

                “Neh, Omma I can’t believe it but it’s true!” Sora happily said.

                “Aigo, congratulations sweetheart, you did well, me and Omma are so proud of you. Wae, wae why are you teary-eyed Yeobo? Aish.....if you could just see your Omma now she’s almost in tears.” Says her Appa.

                “It’s because I am happy with what our daughter have achieved. Sora I am really proud of you and your hard work is being paid now” Omma said.

                “Thanks Omma, after the awarding ceremony this weekend I am going home to visit you and Appa and so we could celebrate as well, okay” Sora said. They talked more asking about her work especially the recent guesting of hers on Strong Heart and Omma in a teasing tone asked if she met any good looking actor or idol on the show. Sora just laughed off her Omma’s question since Omma knows that she’s not really familiar with idols little did she know that in the future she would be working with one.

 

 

 

SORA’S JOURNAL  

                Wow! I am going to receive an award at the Mnet 20’s choice award and believe it or not but it’s hot new movie star. I can’t believe it that I am now considered a new movie star. Am I really star?  The truth is I don’t think so, I still have a long way to go and there are a lot more things to learn but I’m happy though that at least they recognize my work. This will serve as my inspiration to work even harder and I hope that I would be given more opportunities to show my talent......By the way I’m done with my guesting in the variety Strong Heart, I never thought that I can pull it through but guess I’m lucky because I made it and most of all I enjoyed it eventhough I was a nervous wreck. Can’t wait to watch the episode and hopefully that I didn’t make a fool of myself in there. I also met new acquaintances some were actors and actresses as well and idols. I felt dumb when Unnie pointed some hallyu stars and I didn’t know them but I’m glad that she did tell me at least before I met them I already had an idea who they are......There was also this guy who helped me back there after I’m done with my performance, well he is sorta cute but kind of serious but then I guess not because I saw him flirting with some female idols well anyway I’m grateful to him I almost went backstage if not for him and he even took my coat and accessories I think his name was LeeTeuk or is it Eunhyuk  oh well whatever his name is thanks to him but then again wouldn’t he think of me as foolish or dumb? Wait why do I care about what he think? Anyway I don’t think I’ll meet him again soon so maybe he’ll forget what a fool I’ve been. I was how do I say it...... confused and nervous? after the performance that’s why I wasn’t really sure what I was doing and I was slightly ashamed of the performance I did especially doing it infront of this hallyu stars, I was so awkward with the performance but hey I’m not an idol nor do I dance professionally like them but I try to do the best I could. MC Kang Hodong and Lee Seungi Oppa said that they enjoyed my performance and I’m glad that they appreciated my effort.....I can say that the awful day that I thought would happen actually ended up good.......