LIKE THIEVES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?

SECOND CHANCES

       Jeju-do or Cheju an island on the southern coast of Korea was named as one of the new 7 Wonders of Nature. Despite being the smallest province it has become a popular tourist destination as well as one of the top honeymoon destinations among Korean newlyweds due to its temperate climate, natural scenery and beaches.

 

 

SPRING MARCH 2018

 

       Around 11 o’clock in the evening, a white heavily tinted SUV was parked outside the airport in Jeju, a fat balding middle-aged man was standing beside it looking at the exit gate of the airport. Two individuals standing outside not far from the exit door were eyeing him. The taller one is of medium built and wearing a navy blue cap and a blue hooded jacket and a mask covering half his face and the other one a bit skinnier was wearing a gray hooded jacket that is somewhat too big for that built and is wearing some nerdy looking eyeglasses. The two seems to be arguing on something then the taller one wearing the blue jacket approached the man beside the SUV.

       “Excuse me Ahjussi are you Driver Jung?” The guy in blue jacket asked.

       “Yes sir I am”, replied Driver Jung. “Are you Young Master Siwon’s friend?”

       “Neh, I am Leeteuk”, removing the mask so that the older man could look at his face.

       Aish Mianhe, sir I didn’t recognize you with your disguise, but where is your luggage sir and young Master mentioned that you have someone with you.

       “ Yes, she’s right over there, please wait awhile I’ll go and call her”, turning his back.

       Sir wait, I would advise you to ride in the car now then bring the car over to where she is to pick her up and your luggage, it is much safer this way in case someone has recognized you already.

       Hmmm, okay. I think that’s a better idea.

Leeteuk then entered the passenger seat and instructed Driver Jung to park near the exit door in front of the individual wearing a gray jacket. Driver Jung then did as what Leeteuk told him and got out of the car to get their luggages while Leeteuk opened the passenger door and asked the person in gray jacket to get in the car. As soon as everything’s loaded the SUV slowly speeded out of the airport.

       Mianhe Sir, Miss but I can’t directly take you to Young Master’s place he gave instructions to drive around first in case someone has followed you. My wife prepared some food and drinks sir in case you haven’t eaten yet.

       “Thank you Ahjussi, we understand” Leeteuk replied.

       “Thank you, please call me Sora” removing her eyeglasses and the jacket. 

      The SUV drove around for hours before finally making its way back in Seogwipo then entered Lotte Resort Art Villas and parked in front of one of the houses along Block D. 

       The house is a 2 storey modern Japanese inspired. A wired-loop fence with vines creeping all the way separates it from the villas beside it and in front of the house are several flower-bearing plants of different color neatly arranged and partially covering the glass walls.

       The porch lights then opened and a plump middle-aged woman peeked from the glass wall first before coming out of the front door. Driver Jung turned his back and looked at the couple noticed LeeTeuk has a blank expression on his face staring out in the window while Sora leaning on his shoulder has fallen asleep they both look so tired and worn-out, I hoped their short stay in the island would somehow help them gain some peace even if it’s temporary he thought. He then announced that they have arrived.

       LeeTeuk was so deep in his thoughts not even realizing that the SUV had stopped and Driver Jung has said something to him.

       “Sir excuse me but we have arrived”, repeated Driver Jung.

       Ah, were you saying something Ahjussi? Mianhe I didn’t hear you. Where are we now?

       Driver Jung just smiled and said that they have arrived at the Choi’s Villa.

       “Oh is this the place? Wow, it looks nice, Siwon’s family really knows how to invest their earnings”, LeeTeuk said while scanning his surroundings when suddenly he saw someone peeking from the window.

     “But Ahjussi I think there’s someone inside, maybe they were able to traced us or something”, Leeteuk said looking worried.

       “Ani sir, that is my wife. I dropped her off here before coming to meet you. She checked on the place and made sure everything is okay. Come sir, please go down now and get inside the house so you and the Miss could rest, my wife will take care of you while I attend to your bags” then Driver Jung said as he opened the car door.

       LeeTeuk looked at the sleeping pale faced woman on his side. She looks so tired this day has been one hell of roller coaster ride for the two of them.

       “Mianhe Sora, I promised from now on I’ll protect and care for you more than what I had done before” he whispered as he lightly touched her cheek.

       Sora then felt the soft touch on her cheek, smiled and slowly opened her eyes.

       “Were you able to rest well, Yeobong?”

       Sora just nodded and then asked, “where are we now Oppa?”

       "We have arrived at Siwon’s place." He looked at Sora intently and lovingly, I’m so lucky to have her back in my life and I’ll prove to her and her parents that I am worthy of all this he thought. “

       "Are you fully awake now Yeobong or maybe you’re too tired to walk and needs to be carried” LeeTeuk mischievously said.

       “Ani, I am wide-awake now and can walk on my own Oppa,” the blushing Sora replied.

       How he loves it when she blush like this and he miss this side of Sora. The two were briefly interrupted by the opening of the car door beside LeeTeuk.

       “Goodmorning Sir, Miss, I am Bang Yoon Seo wife of Jung-ah. Oh you’re both so handsome and pretty in person,” the star-strucked wife of Driver Jung said. “Come, come let us go inside, my husband will bring in your things inside” then guided them both out of the car.

       Thank you Ahjumma, please just call me LeeTeuk and this is Sora.

      Good morning Ahjumma, mianhe for arriving this late. I am Kang Sora, please just call me Sora but is it really safe for us to go down now without the disguises?

      Ani, Ani, you are both so famous celebrities, must not call you by your names. Neh it is safe even without the disguises. Aye, really pretty in person and you are quite tall Miss.

       “Ah, Ahjumma the people standing in front of you are not celebrities today, there are no cameras nor are we in any program, just like you and Ahjussi we are just like any other ordinary individuals on this island,” LeeTeuk said giving his best dimple smile.

       “Aish, how can I just call you by your names? Waa....I should be getting used to seeing celebrities because of Young Master but still”......the happy Yoon-Seo said.

       “Ahjumma please don’t think about us being celebrities, please I insist that you call us by our names it will be a lot more comfortable for us,” Sora said while giving her most sincere dimple smile.

       Wae, how could I resist a pretty face like you? Okay, Sora-shi then and LeeTeuk-shi. Let’s go inside then, okay?

       LeeTeuk: “Ahjumma, are there any occupants on the other villas? I mean I don’t see any other car but it doesn’t mean that it’s not occupied right?”

       Yoon-Seo: "No need to worry no one is occupying the two villas beside this one. Both are owned by the Young Master’s relatives and currently no one is occupying them. As for the other villas well some are occupied but no need to worry, not a lot of people can get reservations here because mostly villas are either leased for 5 years to families or privately owned by certain individuals. So you are perfectly safe here even without disguises" whispering softly to both Sora and LeeTeuk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I do apologize to the interested readers because no pictures were attached, actually the writer added a picture but yours truly doesn't know how to attach it so it became just like this. Please bear with the writer it's her first time writing a fanfic so if you find any grammatical errors please just say so.How was the first chapter? Please do leave some comments......enjoy reading!

 

special thanks to GNAIXng for editing the 1st 3 chapters.......