THE MAN

SECOND CHANCES

 

BACK IN SEOUL

 

       While Leeteuk and Sora are having fun on Woo-do island, back in Seoul specifically along Gangnam district in a very secluded restaurant 4 people are meeting secretly. A very tall and well-built middle-aged man seating with 2 middle-aged ladies one on each side of him, the three of them all facing a not so tall well-built man standing and looking elegant in a black business suit.

       “Looking from your bewildered faces my guess is you are all confused and probably wondering why I’m meeting all of you at the same time and why this meeting is being kept a secret. Pardon my manners, I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself properly, I am Kim Young-min CEO of SM entertainment” (bowing 90 degrees to the people in front of him while the three standing up and greeting him through a bow as well at the same time the older man extending his arm for a handshake to the man in business suit).

       Pulling a chair he then said “please do sit down and let us make ourselves comfortable. It is my first time meeting Mr and Mrs. Kang, I hope you were comfortable during the trip on the way here and the driver was careful enough?” 

      “Yes, it’s so nice of you to send a driver and a car, if you just told us where to go I’m sure we could have manage ourselves but nevertheless thank you” Mr. Kang answered.

       “Thank you very much it is indeed comfortable and I hope we didn’t give you so much trouble” the soft spoken Mrs. Kang said.  

       “Oh it’s no bother to us, I’m glad that you were comfortable.” “How are you Mrs. Park? I believe I have met Mrs. Park a lot of times before right Maam?”

        “Yes, we have met a couple of times and I am doing good thank you for your concern.” Mrs Park replied.

           “Have you met each other before? Mrs. Kang and Mrs. Park?” asked Mr Kim

         “I believe not, this is the first time we met in person although we have talked before on the phone when Leeteuk called Sora during the special episode of the program WGM, you were with Sora that day?” Mrs Park said.

         "Ah yes, I was at Sora’s apartment then and Jung soo I mean Leeteuk introduced us through the phone. But yes it is indeed our first time meeting each other in person” Mrs Kang said while nodding her head.

           “May I ask if you know where your son and daughter is?” asked Mr Kim probing further.

       “I am sorry Mr. Kim, but I’ll be honest with you I seem to get the idea where this questioning is leading to. I know for a fact that they are together right now just don’t know where because my daughter sent us an email a few days ago saying that she’s okay and with Jung soo and for us not to worry about them. I do hope you would enlighten us though why they are together right know in an unknown place as you seem to be knowledgeable on what is going on? Please forgive me also for being this frank, I like to have things out in the open right away.”

         “No need to apologize Mr. Kang, I like your honesty and frankness. Now I know whom Sora took after, she not only got her looks from you but also her frankness and honesty.”

        “I’ll take that as a compliment then Mr. Kim.” I’m sorry Mr. Kim  for lying, I am putting on my trust in him, me and my wife should protect our daughter and Jung soo, thought Mr. Park as he look at his wife.

          “Do you have any idea Mrs. Park on what’s happening or where they are?” Mr. Kim asked again.

        “Mianhe but like Mr. Park I only received an email as well from my son telling me the same thing. I don’t have any idea what happened or what is happening, all I know is that Manager Inhwa came to Kona beans asking where Leeteuk is and if he had contacted me and I told him that I only know that they are taping an episode of one his varieties to which Manager Inhwa should know, then he left afterwards.” I’m sorry Mr. Kim for not telling what I really know, I made a promise to his dongsaengs and I’m keeping it, Mrs. Park thought.

         "Well then it seems that you really don’t have any idea of their whereabouts or what happened a week ago. It was during the taping of Leeteuk’s variety............” and Mr. Kim explained everything to both parents.

       “That’s why I have decided and ordered my people to block out all news pertaining to this incident. This is the first time that Leeteuk has done an irresponsible thing and I was very alarmed with this. I thought of how could he do this to himself and to s? What about their career and their fans? What about Sora? Didn’t he think that her career would suffer as well?  These were the things I thought of at first and......... ” Mr. Kim continued to explain.

          “And so I’m flying in a few days to Jeju-do to meet them, I’ve asked someone to prepare everything and I instructed some people to make the necessary arrangements, I’ll be asking my secretary here Mr. Jung to contact you on the said day and he will be making all the necessary arrangements for you both.” Mr. Kim then stood up and extended his hand to Mrs. Park, Mr and Mrs. Kang and bid them farewell for he has to attend to an urgent meeting.

 

     Days after SM CEO’s meeting with both LeeTeuk and Sora’s parents, Heechul, Yesung, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Kangin, Shindong, Ryewook and Kyuhyun are all gathered inside one of the conference room at SM’s head office waiting for no other than their CEO.

        Few hours prior to them sitting at SM’s head office at exactly 7 o’clock in the morning their manager came to the SUJU dorms and woke them up and told them to quickly prepare for they have an urgent and important meeting at exactly 10AM with Mr. Kim their CEO.

       Hearing these from their manager everybody began to move quickly each lost in their own thoughts. Donghae then called Siwon and ask him to follow them in the office.

         Why would he want to meet us?  Sungmin thought.

          Is he going to ask us about Hyung and Hyungsunim? Ryewook thought.

          Does it concern hyung and Sora? Kyuhyun thought.

          Aish, how can I call LeeTeuk hyung? If I can call him what do I tell him? Ask him to runaway with Sora again? But where to? Aye hyung what do I do I can’t seem to think straight anymore? Donghae thought

         “Donghae-yah what are you doing? Why are you wearing your pajamas again we are meeting the CEO, remember?” Heechul shouted as soon as he entered Donghae’s room.

          “Mianhe hyung, I wasn’t thinking straight” Donghae meekly replied.

         “Get a hold of yourself man, act like nothing happened and that this is just like any other meeting with HIM! Just act cool or else you’ll blow everything up.” Heechul whispered to Donghae.

          Kangin also entered the room looked at Heechul and Donghae. He then slowly approached Donghae guessing his dilemma, pats him on the shoulder and uttered “Don’t worry we can do this”.

             Almost everybody is gathered in the living room except for Heechul who is still munching an apple in the kitchen. He then looked at the worried faces of his dongsaengs. Suddenly he slammed on the table surprising his dongsaengs and said “Why are you all like this? Don’t look so glum and nervous! If you continue on looking like this then you have just proven to them that we know everything that has been happening. Everything we have worked for will just go to waste. Remember LeeTeuk is counting on us. We are his only link here so if we reveal that we know everything how do you think are we going to get more information on their plans and how can we then help LeeTeuk? Be cool guys, pretend that you don’t know anything.”

               After Heechul’s outburst everybody seems to be thinking really hard on what he said. Then one by one tried to relax and started acting cool and like their old self.

             Kangin seating in one corner smiled and thought “It only takes one outburst from Heechul hyung and everybody seems to have gone back to their senses.”