Jebal

Apartment 412

 

The rundown warehouse looked like any other deserted building. The last time he had visited that place was when he was 13 years old, while following his father to settle some business. Even though the weather was cold that day, Jonghyun was already filled with sweat after running about the town the whole day.

He slid through an opening, breathing heavily as he collected his stamina back. He rushed through all the corners in the warehouse, hoping to chance upon them before it was too late. As he searched through longer and longer, the horrible imagination came into his mind again and he almost gave up. But just then, he heard a desperate scream and at once, his ears perked up to the sound. He knew exactly where they were.

Rushing to the room, he burst through the metal door. But what met him made him freeze in his spot. The sight of his father on top of his girlfriend shocked him too much that he couldn’t even bring a word to his mind to describe it. His father stared at him, shocked at his sudden appearance.

“Ahbeoji!” he screamed out angrily.

But before he could do anything, his men grabbed him from behind, stopping his moves. He struggled and shouted at those men to let him go as he watched his father smirked before continuing to put his face all over his woman. Jonghyun could feel the tears rushing out from his eyes. The pain he felt seeing his woman suffer right in front of his eyes. Yuna looked so fragile then, her tears rolling down as the disgust filled her. She screamed out in pain and her voice just hit him hard.

“Ahbeoji! Stop it! Stop it Ahbeoji! Don’t hurt her!” he screamed out, trying to pull away from the big men. “Let me go!”

“How can you love the woman who killed your own blood brother?” his father said, standing up and wiping his mouth.

Jonghyun could see Yuna squirming weakly on the floor, trembling so hard at what had she had just experienced. He eyed his father as he walked over to a table with a suitcase and opened it. Jonghyun screamed out again as his father revealed what was inside.

“No! Ahbeoji, andwae! I beg you!” he pleaded, dropping to the floor.

Holding a big knife in his hand, his father calmly walked over to Yuna, who was too weak to react quickly. Her eyes widened as she saw the knife and more tears appeared. His father swung his hand, ready to stab her.

“Ahbeoji!” Jonghyun cried out on his knees. “If you ever, for a second in your life, regard me as your son, please do not hurt her. Ahbeoji, jebal! I love her too much! Do you want to see me suffer just like you did when Hyun died? Ahbeoji, Hyung died three years ago. It’s time to let him go.”

His father froze in his spot, the knife still in the air. Jonghyun noticed it was trembling and tried once again to talk some sense into him.

“Even though I’ve cut off ties with you, you’re still my father. You’re still the person who brought me up by yourself. I know Hyung has always been your favourite child. But I’m your child too. She’s important to me and I will never forgive you if you hurt her. You’ve lost one of your sons. Do you want to lose the other as well?

Put the knife away, Ahbeoji. Jebal.”

He fixed his teary eyes at his father, hoping desperately that he had managed to blow away those clouds of revenge in his mind. A few more seconds of staring and then finally, the knife dropped onto the floor with a loud thud.  Slowly, he backed away from Yuna. Jonghyun couldn’t believe it but he gave out a sigh of relief as his heart calmed down. He quickly crawled to the weak Yuna, wrapping her in his arms.

“It’s going to be fine. You’re okay. You’re with me now,” he mumbled as he brought her up to his chest, kissing her non-stop.

Yuna was too traumatized to react to him in any way and Jonghyun noticed she was still trembling. He took out his coat and wrapped it around her body to cover her up. She was filled with sweat and blood. It was a painful sight to see.

“Appa..appa,” she mumbled, her eyes searching for someone else.

Jonghyun too scanned the area for her father and found him in the corner, motionless. He glanced over to his father, who seemed at a loss of what to do. He was just staring blankly at the ground while his men watched him cluelessly.

“Ah..Ahbeoji,” he stuttered, fearing the worst yet again. “Her father..what did you do?”

His father’s eyes slowly found its way to him but Jonghyun noticed the tears and regret in it. Jonghyun turned to look at Yuna, who hadn’t caught on. She continued staring at him for an answer. Unable to bring an answer to her then, he just hugged her tight instead, caressing her softly.

A/N: NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST!

I'll be wrapping it up pretty quickly since if I have to be honest, I don't know how to continue on:P
It's my first time writing a story with so little fluff, cos I'm used to a lot of cheesy romance stories..so apologies if the end kinda fail your expectations!
Look forward to the last chapter tomorrow! Thank you for for subscribing and continuing to read and comment!:)