For Now

Apartment 412

 

“You come here after 3 years of no news,” Jonghyun’s father laughed. “Only to interfere with my work?”

Jonghyun lowered his gaze. “Ahbeoji, jebal.”

“I heard you threatened my men when they had come for Seo Yuna-ssi. Why did you do that?”

Jonghyun didn’t answer. He didn’t want to reveal to his dad that he liked her.

“Tell him,” Yonghwa whispered.

Jonghyun stared at him before reluctantly telling his dad, “She’s the girl I like.”

“What?” his dad burst out laughing. “My son has a girlfriend?”

“Yeh Ahbeoji,” he simply answered.

They exchanged glares for a moment. His father’s eyes darted from him to Yonghwa and then back to him again before finally standing up.

“Araso,” he spoke. “I’ll lay off her for now.”

“Really?” he shot up.

“Yeh,” he shrugged. “Your sister had been bugging me about you these past few days. It’s getting annoying.”

Jonghyun lit up, as well as Yonghwa. Both grinned, not able to believe how easy it had went.

“It’s not like she’s going to last with you anyways. I’ll see how long you’re going to be there to protect her from me,” his father mumbled as he walked away.

“Ahbeoji!” he called out.

“Wae? Did I say something wrong?” he acted innocent.

Jonghyun scrunched up his fist, ready to punch his dad but thankfully, Yonghwa was there to stop him. He breathed heavily and collected his thoughts as his father smirked at him.

“Fine, I’ll just have to stay with Yuna forever then,” Jonghyun said firmly, fixing his icy cold stare on him.

**

“Jonghyun-ah! Hold up,” Yonghwa called out as he tried to catch up with him.

Jonghyun, unable to stand his father, had rushed out to his car and drove back to the club. Throwing his coat onto the rack carelessly, he immediately plucked in his guitar and started jamming out some tunes. Yonghwa watched him for a while before finally deciding to put an end to it. He grabbed his wrist to stop him.

“Let me be!” Jonghyun blasted.

“What’s wrong with you?” he glared back at him.

“I’m just still so pissed at Ahbeoji!”

“Waeyo? Didn’t he say he’ll lay off Yuna?”

“And you trust him? He’ll keep watching her till he gets her with his own hands,” he told him, taking a seat by the stage.

Yonghwa sat beside him and placed his hand on his shoulder. “She’ll be fine. She has you now. And I’ll be there when you need me too.”

“Gomapta,” Jonghyun thanked him, feeling more assured.

Just then, Yuna appeared from the stairs, looking around the club. Surprised to see her there, Jonghyun approached her.

“What are you doing here?”

“You weren’t at home, so I figured you’re here,” she shrugged as she adjusted her ear-flapped beanie.

Jonghyun helped her out with her beanie, “Didn’t I tell you not to walk around town alone?”

“Stop worrying about me so much,” she pouted as Jonghyun patted her head playfully.

“Ara, ara. Anyways, I’ve taken care of things so everything’s going to be fine now,” he told her as they walked to the stage.

“Jinjja? How’d you do it?”

“You don’t need to know that,” he smiled at her.

“Wah, look at the two of you! Wah you look so cute together!” Yonghwa exclaimed, teasing them.

“You told him?” Yuna gasped.

“I had to clear off any misunderstandings between him and me! I’m trying to get Hyung back together with Jun Hee,” he told her.

Yonghwa sighed at the mention of her name. “Don’t poke yourself into our business. I told you I’ll go talk to her soon, didn’t I?”

“You can talk to her now,” Jonghyun told him, pointing his finger at the petite woman standing in front of him.

Yonghwa turned and shot up once he saw Jun Hee standing nervously by the bar.

“Oppa,” she uttered. “Mianhe.”